Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The NYT ran an article today on the devastating effects of the gov't shutdown on Republican foothold and hurricane-swept Marrianna, Florida

Bear with me here, but reading the Twitter response to this from liberals saying they deserve it pisses me off. Indifference I can be okay with but to the point of kicking them while they're down and responding with cute memes make you as bad as the extreme cases on the right are.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The NYT ran an article today on the devastating effects of the gov't shutdown on Republican foothold and hurricane-swept Marrianna, Florida

Bear with me here, but reading the Twitter response to this from liberals saying they deserve it pisses me off. Indifference I can be okay with but to the point of kicking them while they're down and responding with cute memes make you as bad as the extreme cases on the right are.
    Well, just because you hate Trump doesn't automatically make you a good person, or bright for that matter.

There's also the possibility that social media posts of a nature that clueless and incendiary could be part of an influence campaign. I think at this point it's naive to ever assume that anonymously posted political opinions might not have an ulterior motive other than to clearly represent the opinions and beliefs of the poster. And, this goes beyond trolls or even the concept of influence campaigns implemented by hostile foreign governments that seek to bolster Trump's popularity.

I'd say that it all sounds outlandish and conspiracy-theorist... if it hadn't already been clearly documented that it's been happening on a shockingly broad scale.