Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Rick Perry is out. It's a perry-less time for the DoE.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So what’s the point in having these laws and restrictions on executive behavior if there’s no way to enforce them?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There is a way to enforce them. Dem leadership are huge pussies though & deem it uncouth so they are afraid to lock this pricks up, or at the very least fine them per day.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    There is a way to enforce them. Dem leadership are huge pussies though & deem it uncouth so they are afraid to lock this pricks up, or at the very least fine them per day.
    I really don't know, it's such virgin territory. Just an entire administration, being handed indictments and subpoenas, and their collective response is "so, what are you gonna do if we just ignore you?" I really think the democrats are kind of baffled, and I think we're finding out for the first time that the president truly IS above the law if he decides to test those checks and balances... and so here we are? What do they do... Rick Perry, you have until Friday to respond to this... and then Friday passes, and they do what? Pout about it? And this is just Rick Perry, but he's operating under this protective bizarre umbrella of immunity it seems.

Apparently the founding fathers didn't foresee this shit. It should be in the constitution... "if the president is delivered a subpoena by the house, he's not allowed to just ignore it, and if he does, then..." I dunno, something like that should have been in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The President of the United States of America just referred to the Constitution as "phony"

I know we were already at status level: constitutional crisis. But this is just indefensible. I really, truly, cannot fathom how somebody could defend him. I can understand "I'm a coal miner and he was the only one who gave me hope that I might be able to buy groceries again and I think he's a fucking asshole but I have a family to feed". But I just can't understand anyone who says "yeah, he's a great guy, no problems there."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It really is rage-inducing. Unfortunately the founding fathers thought there would be some level of education, civility, and adherence to law. But we're stuck with an angry cheeto who worships mob bosses. What disgusts me is that the republicans are putting party before country. Our democracy is unraveling at a break-neck pace, but these asshats only care how not piss off this man-child so their party is in control. I'm truly scared how 2020 is going to play out. I can't handle another 4 years of this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The President of the United States of America just referred to the Constitution as "phony"

I know we were already at status level: constitutional crisis. But this is just indefensible. I really, truly, cannot fathom how somebody could defend him. I can understand "I'm a coal miner and he was the only one who gave me hope that I might be able to buy groceries again and I think he's a fucking asshole but I have a family to feed". But I just can't understand anyone who says "yeah, he's a great guy, no problems there."
    JFC.
    Words fail me. I've never been a huge history buff. I was more arts in high school and sciences later in life. But I always appreciated my social studies classes. I appreciate what was laid out in the constitution. And believe me, if you want to know what it's like to live without a written constitution, see exhibit A: the Brexit shitshow.
    But I'm completely disgusted to see our constitution just being discarded by this gigantic asshat man baby who would call himself dictator.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Supreme Court strikes down Michigan gerrymandering ruling https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019...1331571679685/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Since I refuse to view his actual twitter feed, I'm reposting from the UnfollowTrump handle.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    William Taylor's opening statement to the closed-door committee was leaked last night.

Page 10 is where it really starts to get good / horrifying.

Link: https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com...e984a85660.pdf

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So twenty or so members of the rule of law party tried to shut down a classified deposition by storming the SCIF en mass, and in doing so managed to breach security rules by bringing their phones into the secured space.

Top shelf party you’ve got there. Real wizards.
    Wow.
    a thread.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Where were the guards??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If you listen to the oral arguments on C-SPAN, you hear the judges in the 2nd district pretty much confirm that the appeal will get lobbed to the Supreme Court over Drump's tax returns.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If the Supreme Court can't be bothered with gerrymandering, they shouldn't be bothered with this either. There's a cogent argument in my head but that's the gist of it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    a thread.
    The thread should mandatory reading. There should be charges out for the arrest of every single person who took place in that stunt.

And I'd like to remind people that the "unfair procedures" that they're protesting are the ones that THEY put in place in 2015 when they had control. Oops.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump said today that Republicans who don't support him are worse than the "do nothing Democrats" and that they are "human scum" .

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump said today that Republicans who don't support him are worse than the "do nothing Democrats" and that they are "human scum" .
    Yeah... that doesn't sound like the sort of thing a tin pot dictator would say...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    and we're the tin pot until he's removed.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the only outcome of this I can see going is that they have a plan to make sure the Democrats never hold the position again because otherwise why argue for powers that the 'other side' can exploit later?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

the only outcome of this I can see going is that they have a plan to make sure the Democrats never hold the position again because otherwise why argue for powers that the 'other side' can exploit later?
    ...because it's been pretty clear lately that Republicans are willing to go for the ridiculous "no one in their right mind would do that even though it's technically legal" option while Democrats tend to be more "excuse me, sir, but this book says you're not supposed to be doing that. Please don't make me have to ask you again."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Jesus Christ.This is so fucking dispiriting.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Jesus Christ.This is so fucking dispiriting.
    For what it's worth, I think that's just what his lawyer argued. Which is what he's paid to do. I only listened to part of the hearing, but from what I was tuned into, the judges sounded extremely skeptical of the claims. So, deep breath here. This is just a gasbag paying another gasbag to desperately grasp at straws. Hopefully, that's all it ever is.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Okay but seriously, how is the Onion still in business?

Giuliani butt-dials NBC reporter; heard discussing need for cash and trashing the Bidens

(and yes, it's all on voicemail)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I miss the Onion, back when this sort of absurdity was kind of funny... y'now, when it was hypothetical and absurd.... not, like, real and shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The leader of ISIS is dead, and Trump is recapping it like an elementary school kid reading his class a story (he copied from his veteran grandpa) about what he did over the weekend.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...i1GsrNLayhtvP0

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's the ultimate bullshit shallow optics distraction move.