Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    This will all be an Oliver stone movie in 15 years.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ollie doesn't have enough film for it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Okay fine. This will be a Ken Burns month-long PBS miniseries in 15 years. With music by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (feat Has Zimmer).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Okay fine. This will be a Ken Burns month-long PBS miniseries in 15 years. With music by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (feat Has Zimmer).
    OMG there is no way I could withstand the Ken Burns Effect on pictures of the Angry Mango.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    are we officially fatigued?

This is fucking INSANE. We are freeing tens of thousands of terrorists, converting/creating new terrorists, and murdering our allies who trusted us to defend them...

This is wrong. Flagrantly, inarguably wrong. If you think this is alright, you are a bad person. This is a line in the sand. Fuck you if you disagree.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

This is fucking INSANE. We are freeing tens of thousands of terrorists, converting/creating new terrorists, and murdering our allies who trusted us to defend them...

This is wrong. Flagrantly, inarguably wrong. If you think this is alright, you are a bad person. This is a line in the sand. Fuck you if you disagree.
    I was just saying this to my husband. The Christian/Benghazi/but her emails people sure are quiet. Where’s the outrage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I was just saying this to my husband. The Christian/Benghazi/but her emails people sure are quiet. Where’s the outrage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trump’s base is isolationist, led by Stephen Miller. They don’t want to “fight in any wars unless Congress votes for it,” per Rand Paul’s bullshit. They don’t want to be “the world’s police.”

Except now Trump is sending 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia to fight against Yemen, and Trump says “that’s different” because they’re PAYING us to do it. You mean, now we’re mercenaries?

Rand Paul: “Well, erm, um, I don’t agree with that, either ...”

Trump’s base: “Oh shut up, Libtard.”

Now Trump is blaming the Kurds and Syria for ISIS soldiers escaping prison, warning them that they’d better guard the ISIS prisoners. A few days ago, he and Miller were saying “who cares, they’ll escape into Europe and if they try coming HERE our Border Patrol will catch them.”

These people are criminal-level morons.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-14-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    These people are criminal-level morons.
    And in some cases, moron-level criminals.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I get so disgusted over this that I have to quit thinking about it. Then I think about it again, and the sense of disgust, helplessness and rage cycle all over again. I don't think I've had normal blood pressure since 2016,

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So tonight the Washington Nationals defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Championship Series to advance to the World Series for the first time in their franchise's history. Which now leads me to my question:

Does this mean we're at some point going to see Donald Trump throw out a first pitch in the World Series?

Most likely would be in Game 3 as that would be the first one in DC. Though if the Yankees win, Game 1 is in New York so he could throw one out there as well. I wouldn't hold my breath but in the event it does happen, I cannot wait to watch that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Won't happen. A: he won't be invited, and B: if he was, he would not so much as respond to the invitation, let alone accept it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "Impeach the Pres."

-Donald Trump, via twitter, this week. File this one next to his "unpresidented" tweet from earlier.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Is this for real?

Holy shit, we're all fucked.

EDIT: I think the time for me to drink myself into oblivion has officially come. How much booze can I get and how quickly can I get it?
    Last edited by M1ke; 10-16-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Is this for real?

Holy shit, we're all fucked.
    Both Trump himself and WH press representatives have said it's authentic.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demogorgon View Post
    both trump himself and wh press representatives have said it's authentic.
    i would make a terrible politician, and i could do better than this!!!!
    Last edited by M1ke; 10-16-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    For context: Trump self-owned himself yet again by releasing a photo of Pelosi "having a meltdown". Oops, the photo is actually of Pelosi having a spine and a brain and using both to put the baby in his place. So naturally, Pelosi made it the banner photo for her Twitter page.

Well, lots of people have been commenting on this picture, including things on body language and the demographics of the room. Some kind redditor ran the numbers on the latter, and it's...well, it's eye-opening:

"Let’s do some stats. There’s one other woman hiding to the left Menendez and another behind the representatives. So three women in a pic of 23 people (I’m counting the guy to the right of the general to Trump’s right since you can see enough of him to conclude he’s a white guy). The odds of three or fewer women in a random group of people is 0.00024 or 0.024%. That means if you selected 23 different people randomly, ten thousand times you would expect two of those times to have three or fewer women. This group is clearly not representative of the population as far as the man/woman ratio goes. Note that I’m assuming 50% of the population is women, when it’s actually 50.52% so the odds are actually slightly worse.

White Americans (including white hispanics) make up 76.5% of the US population according to last year’s census estimates. The odds of all white people in a random selection of 23 in the US population is 0.0021 or 0.21% (check “all successes” if you follow the link). While that’s better than the men/women ratio, it’s still abysmally unlikely.

BOTH of those unlikely things occurred, and since they’re independent of each other, it means the odds of both happening is their product: 0.0021*0.00024 = 0.0000005 or 0.00005%."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I knew the day would come. Trump's Twitter account has been hacked. There's no way the statement about Rep. Cummings came from anyone in or near the Oval Office.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Funny you mention that...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Funny, that's the same "what the fuck are we doing here" look that HIS OWN people have on their faces in that meeting.

So yeah, I'm gonna go with a resounding "no" for every last person in the room.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's an impressive bit of shady there.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    G7 will be held at Mar-A-Lago next year.

I hate this country.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    G7 will be held at Mar-A-Lago next year.

I hate this country.
    I thought he wanted it to be held at his failing Doral golf course...

Anyway, I just had a FB argument with someone who kept saying in all caps that the situation in Syria is "NOT OUR PROBLEM. WE. ARE. NOT. THE. WORLD'S. POLICE!!!!!!" So, I'm going to invent a time machine so I can go back in time and drown someone's parents...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sorry, got my intel from my better half who just used the word "resort" in a text message and I made assumptions. You are absolutely correct.

edit: holy shit. In my digging on this, I also realized I missed an even bigger headline: Mulvaney literally admitted to quid pro quo today re: Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-quid-pro-quo/
    Last edited by theimage13; 10-17-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Anyway, I just had a FB argument with someone who kept saying in all caps that the situation in Syria is "NOT OUR PROBLEM. WE. ARE. NOT. THE. WORLD'S. POLICE!!!!!!" So, I'm going to invent a time machine so I can go back in time and drown someone's parents...

Failing is one way to put it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

edit: holy shit. In my digging on this, I also realized I missed an even bigger headline: Mulvaney literally admitted to quid pro quo today re: Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-quid-pro-quo/
    If you read Mulvaney's language, it's classic spin. They are trying to spin this to make it a soundbite for Trump followers.
    “[Did] he also mention to me, in the past, that the corruption related to the DNC server?” Mulvaney said. “Absolutely, no question about that. But that’s it. And that’s why we held up the money. ... The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.”

This is all spin from the WH.
    At the end of the day, the senate won't stand against Trump. The only way to remove this asshat is to connect with swing voters. Trump loyalists won't give a shit with all the spin.