Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    True. But I feel like part of that is because Clinton was actually a decent leader and knows how to put criticism behind him. If Trump got impeached, he would never shut up about it. I feel like that would give it more weight that Clinton's.

*shrug*

I just can't wait to have a celebratory toast on whatever the first day of him being out of office is.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Historians don't. But 50 years from now he'll be just another shitty president that students don't really learn anything about. General American History textbooks will have him as little more than just another guy who sucked at his job. Impeachment would earn him a more prominent stain that more people would learn about, which his presidency needs. Believe it or not, I wholly believe that students today will see another president of such an awful magnitude, unless we learn from our mistakes. And if we simply dismiss him and move on, then we probably won't learn.
    the impact of his presidency will depend on whether or not he gets re-elected... if he's re-elected, I'm pulling my Canadian passport out and moving north. Fuck this.

If he is rejected and not granted a mandate, he'll (thank fuck) probably be relegated to nothing much more than a cautionary tale.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    50 years from now, the effects of his SCOTUS appointments will still be felt.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    50 years from now, the effects of his SCOTUS appointments will still be felt.
    Though to be fair, any republican/conservative in his shoes would have appointed justices with similar leanings, even if they might not have been as ludicrous as Kavanaugh.

I know it sounds like hyperbole, and maybe it is, but it feels like.... if he gets re-elected, this world is fucked.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

If he is rejected and not granted a mandate, he'll (thank fuck) probably be relegated to nothing much more than a cautionary tale.
    I'm telling you guys right now, he will be remembered as a beloved Republican president, a'la Reagan and W Bush... regardless how he leaves office.

It's been exactly 10 years since W Bush left office with an endless war he started on a lie, the Katrina disaster where American citizens were left rotting on the streets, and a global financial crisis that almost crippled our way of life.
    Now he's fistbumping Michelle Obama and people think of him as this gentle grandpa who paints watercolors and represents the good old days when the Republican party was still for values...

Trump will be fondly remembered in this country, mark my words.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    No... the only reason Bush is remembered positively is because compared to Trump he was a saint and a scholar. It’s why they still go back to Reagan... at least Reagan ACCOMPLISHED some things, and the things he fucked up tended to work out fine for the GOP in large

What’s happening now is truly abnormal, and his enablers know it. We will never get an apology from the right for this shitshow, but they’re not going to want to talk about it. This is a more shameful legacy than Nixon, by far, and he’ll be remembered as such

even his enabling buddy Paul Ryan is admitting Trump is a disaster for the GOP now... it just takes a little distance, and just imagine how they’ll feel if that orange fuckwit lands in prison

in other news, Manafort has been sentenced to nearly 4 additional years... Pelosi has said Trump is “not worth” impeaching (which prompted Trump to pathetically thank her), and yet people are hung up on the “fake Melania “ conspiracy... maybe we really do deserve this bullshit
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-13-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Jinsai Manafort was just indicted on 16 counts by the NY DA. Trump won't be able to pardon him if convicted.

And yeah... the whole Melania conspiracy is just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Not sure if I ever thought I'd say this, but on this point, agreed 100%
    It really burns me that so many people believe Republicans when they lie.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    As much as I generally dislike "attack ad" style language from our leaders....she's not wrong.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Isn't it funny that Fox sold everything to Disney then starts losing all these advertisers right before the sale becomes final?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Isn't it funny that Fox sold everything to Disney then starts losing all these advertisers right before the sale becomes final?
    i think it’s funny that they’re ditching Tucker Carlson for old sexist comments, but never took issue with the network being a blatant propaganda arm for president pussy-grabber

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Fox didn’t sell Fox News to Disney. Murdoch kept that. See Fox Corp.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-17-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh I know. I was going to go into more detail but left it alone. They sold everything but Fox News to bolster the 'news' division and here they are.
    When Fox condemned Pirro, she also issued a statement. She did not apologize. She said she intended to "ask a question and start a debate."
    wtf is that even supposed to mean?
    Last edited by allegate; 03-17-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh I know. I was going to go into more detail but left it alone. They sold everything but Fox News to bolster the 'news' division and here they are.
    They kept a LOT of stuff, I was surprised.

Pirro is deliberately equivocating to save her ass but appeal to Islamophobes. She’s a maniac.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Trump tweeting about John McCain is insane. The dude is dead! Let it go! And now he wants the FCC to take action on SNL?! Wtf dude.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Trump tweeting about John McCain is insane. The dude is dead! Let it go! And now he wants the FCC to take action on SNL?! Wtf dude.
    And that SNL was a RE-RUN. From CHRISTMAS wtf

And all the John McCain stuff he tweeted was total bullshit.

Whoopi Goldberg summed it up this morning: Trump is Howard Hughes.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-18-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Considering how much the soggy wotsit hates SNL...he sure does watch a LOT of it Actually he seem's to watch nothing but stuff he doesn't like (and Fox...which makes him angry) Maybe he should find stuff he likes and watch that instead, can't be healthy just watching things that make you mad.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Considering how much the soggy wotsit hates SNL...he sure does watch a LOT of it Actually he seem's to watch nothing but stuff he doesn't like (and Fox...which makes him angry) Maybe he should find stuff he likes and watch that instead, can't be healthy just watching things that make you mad.

You're right. Have someone in the White House do all of us a favor and hook the man up with Netflix so he can binge Stranger Things or something...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    You're right. Have someone in the White House do all of us a favor and hook the man up with Netflix so he can binge Stranger Things or something...
    Stranger things doesn’t have trump in it. He watches SNL out of pure vanity. He wants them to talk about him even if he doesn’t like the content.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

But he uses Twitter?........

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

If ever there was a use most fitting of the Facepalm it is this tweet. Fuck me sideways he is stupid.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

"Twitter, the company that lets me endanger national security by openly mocking hostile nuclear capable nations while banning other people for posting pictures of tits, is totally against me!"

Fixed that for you, Don.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Re Presidents and TV comedy, this is a really good article

The Smothers Brothers show continued its anti-war satire against Nixon. The new president wasn't amused. It was later revealed that some Nixon campaign funds were used to pay for a private investigation of the Smothers brothers.

Tensions continued between the brothers and CBS censors. Then in April of 1969 - just three months after Nixon had taken office - the network canceled the show. Its excuse was that Tom Smothers had failed to deliver an advance tape of a sensitive segment in a timely fashion. Smothers later claimed the network had killed off the show under pressure from the Nixon administration.

The Trump tweets are in sharp contrast to that letter Lyndon Johnson sent to the Smothers Brothers in 1968. It read: "It is part of the price of leadership of this great and free nation to be the target of clever satirists. You have given the gift of laughter to our people. May we never grow so somber or self-important that we fail to appreciate the humor in our lives."
    Last edited by allegro; 03-19-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The thing with trump talking about FCC action is frightening, and parallels the Nixon thing @Cat Mom posted, although, trump seems to be quite a bit worse than Nixon. But I digress.
    This whole "the media is the enemy of the people" thing shows, like, autocratic tendencies. Anything that criticizes HIM is the "enemy of the people," ( And jesus, does he know the history of that phrase?) And dictators often demonize, and then, take control of, the free press.

The "Tim Apple" thing: a lot of people thought it was funny, but that, too, made the hair n the back of my neck stand up. He said something wasn't true, that was so obviously and blatantly true, and then blamed the media, and I guess that a lot of his supporters went along with him.

Ultimately, it wouldn't surprise me if, when it's time for trump to leave the white house, he claims that the election results are "fake" and refuses to concede, OR, he tries to find some way to stay in office for longer than 8 years (if, god forbid, he wins in 2020,) by using some type of executive order, or declaring emergencies, or SOMETHING like that.

He DEFINITELY has autocratic tendencies

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Considering how big a fan he is of Alex Jones, it would be just like him to try and manufacture a new crisis to fulfill that FEMA internment camp theory that was popular with conspiracy theorists all the way up through the Obama administration. It would fail spectacularly, but i wouldn't put it past him.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Considering how big a fan he is of Alex Jones, it would be just like him to try and manufacture a new crisis to fulfill that FEMA internment camp theory that was popular with conspiracy theorists all the way up through the Obama administration. It would fail spectacularly, but i wouldn't put it past him.
    The one who set the bed for the Trump camp w/ InfoWars was Roger Stone, and I think he's finally realizing that maybe he should just shut the fuck up and pray.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)