Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trump 2019 - Government Shutdown

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I loathe the man to very bone but it must be understood that he himself loves fast food. I think he truly believes he was giving them the best meal imaginable: that's what he would eat

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I suspect he succeeded as a business man as most of the other business men he worked with are just as racist, sexist and hungry for money that they get alone like a bank on fire, difference is most of those guy's stay in the shadows with their money while burgers for brains LOVES attention.

Edit: Additionally the guy loves fast food, and the guys he dines with love money so they don't care what they're eating (though they probably laugh at him about it behind his back)! I imagine he is also a tight wade, so getting in fast food instead of something more upper class saves money. I have nothing against loving fast food, i do too, but i imagine at that level you should make a bit more of an effort then a few cheese burgers...
    Last edited by Haysey; Today at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I loathe the man to very bone but it must be understood that he himself loves fast food. I think he truly believes he was giving them the best meal imaginable: that's what he would eat
    of course he loves fast food. And of course he’s bad at thinking and stuff, so of course, the McNugget sauce packets go in the silver gravy boats.

So... I’ve been thinking, and I don’t see this government shutdown (or future discourse at some point) going anywhere. Trump has backed himself into a corner that only the greatest negotiator could spin his way out of, and (surprise!) he’s not the great negotiator he promised he was. Instead, it appears that the art of the deal is to dig in your heels and whine until you get your way.

which might work if you’re playing chicken in a business deal, and you inherited 400 million dollars... not so much when you’re bargaining with the US economy. I don’t think he’s willing to accept the fact that he’s not going to win this... and no matter how this ends, I doubt it will be his last shutdown, and I guess we’ll see if he learned anything next time he pulls this shit
    Last edited by Jinsai; Today at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    of course he loves fast food. And of course he’s bad at thinking and stuff, so of course, the McNugget sauce packets go in the silver gravy boats.

So... I’ve been thinking, and I don’t see this government shutdown (or future discourse at some point) going anywhere. Trump has backed himself into a corner that only the greatest negotiator could spin his way out of, and (surprise!) he’s not the great negotiator he promised he was. Instead, it appears that the art of the deal is to dig in your heels and whine until you get your way.

which might work if you’re playing chicken in a business deal, and you inherited 400 million dollars... not so much when you’re bargaining with the US economy. I don’t think he’s willing to accept the fact that he’s not going to win this... and no matter how this ends, I doubt it will be his last shutdown, and I guess we’ll see if he learned anything next time he pulls this shit
    Yeah, and the shutdown isn't going to affect him personally, so he doesn't really care either.

The shutdown could go on for the rest of his presidency and he wouldn't care.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Yeah, and the shutdown isn't going to affect him personally, so he doesn't really care either.

The shutdown could go on for the rest of his presidency and he wouldn't care.
    This is so true and terrifying!

Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    this bit where Pelosi is encouraging Trump to postpone the state of the union address or to submit it in writing is kind of hilarious. I would assume that Trump already intended to ditch it, but now, if he does it's going to look like "he's avoiding it because Nancy told him to."

So... now... is Trump going to try to defy her advice to look tough or something? I'm trying to picture how sadly that will roll out. "So...uh... as we sit through the longest government shutdown in American history... I can proudly say that the state of the union has never been stronger..."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    this bit where Pelosi is encouraging Trump to postpone the state of the union address or to submit it in writing is kind of hilarious. I would assume that Trump already intended to ditch it, but now, if he does it's going to look like "he's avoiding it because Nancy told him to."

So... now... is Trump going to try to defy her advice to look tough or something? I'm trying to picture how sadly that will roll out. "So...uh... as we sit through the longest government shutdown in American history... I can proudly say that the state of the union has never been stronger..."
    LOL like Trump will actually write his SOTU speech.

Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    LOL like Trump will actually write his SOTU speech.
    Sean Hannity is running the country, now, so he probably wrote it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nancy is smart... take away baby's TV time. No media for you. thats how he needs to be handled.

Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Sean Hannity, Anne Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh run the fucking country.

Wouldn't it be a crazy plot twist if the three of them were compromised Russian agents all along?

Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    Nancy is smart... take away baby's TV time. No media for you. thats how he needs to be handled.
    Yup, she handled this one like a FUCKIN’ BOSS!!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/16/pol...le.com%2F&rm=1

This all is a fucking MESS, though. 50,000 more government workers were just called to work, without pay. People can’t give IOUs to mortgage companies, and this could lead to the a huge loss in the real estate market. Child support isn’t being deducted from pay. Low income seniors’ subsidized rent isn’t being paid by HUD.

I personally don’t think a “wall” is Trump’s sole motive: he and his crazy followers want to rid the government of the majority of these agencies, and privatize or dissolve them. This is all going to be his Exhibit “A.”
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Today at 04:34 PM.