Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Anime

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm just ready for FLCL

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Funimation just released the artistic concepts for a special edition of Cowboy Bebop they're working on for the 20th year (well, ish) anniversary - all of which include A MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN VINYL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED FOR A MOMENT AS I LAY HERE IN BED.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...-cowboy-bebop/

"'If' an option gets over 1,000 votes, it will be produced." Right, 'if.'

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    WEll im about to revive an old thread

So I actually love a lot of anime but never had time to watch a lot of it...but that changed a few months ago.

An around the end of August, i was bugged by a friend of mine to watch this Anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica....they wouldn't tell what it was about or anything (as i would later find out, for a good reason), all they said was that "it was really good"

So after being bugged about it, i gave up and i finally watched it, not really thinking i was gonna get much out of it from something like this.

So bear in mind, I knew absolutely nothing about this anime, zero, i went in completely blind which is fucking amazing for 2018, how i never managed to hear anything about it for how popular it was when it came out still puzzles me, but anyways...this is pretty much how things went down for me as i watched it

Edit: Spoiler warning

Ep 1 & 2 "..........This is weird....but im interested"

Ep 3 "JESUS THAT GOT DARK"

Ep 4 - 9 *souls is slowly being crushed into pieces*

Ep 10-11 "yeah that'll do it...*cries*"

Ep 12 *sobbing mess*

So yeah....I got REALLY REALLY emotionally attached, I was not aware of how fucking dark it got, i was not aware of how fucking depressing it got and it was one of the best things ive ever watched in a long ass time (and before you asked, I did watch Rebellion.......ehhh....that ending is...)

But there is more to this story

So after about a week of getting choked up from just looking at anything relating to the anime, I went back to making some more music on that album I spoke about before about my depression over in the section...but the Anime was still fresh in my mind and I ended up starting to write songs about parts of the episodes.....then it turned into a few songs.....then an ep........and now....im making a whole album based off the entire anime.

Its about an hour and 15 mins long, 17 songs, I have all the instrumentals done and ready for me to sing over once i get a mic again....but yeah....ill post the instrumental demo's here as well as an outtake and demo stuff too

Try and guess what the songs are based off from the titles...

https://adecadeinoblivion.bandcamp.c...ntal-demo-mixs

https://adecadeinoblivion.bandcamp.c...s-and-outtakes
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 10-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    bought cowboy bebop series on amazon forgot how good it was
    -louie

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Steins;Gate 0 was friggin' amazing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Gonna have to check that one out, @Dryalex12 ! I've heard the name and probably seen clips around, but it rings a bell, so I'll remember the recommendation!

Update: I didn't get the Cowboy Bebop big stupid expensive collector's edition, mainly because I've already got the last two special editions they released a couple years back. But you know what I did get? A vinyl copy of Cowboy Bebop OST 1 that I'm gonna cherish until the day I die, along with my vinyl copy of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack that I got signed by Shing02. Gaaaah damn, that was a great night. Now if I can only cross paths with Yoko Kanno/literally anyone involved with Bebop...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Gonna have to check that one out, @Dryalex12 ! I've heard the name and probably seen clips around, but it rings a bell, so I'll remember the recommendation!

Update: I didn't get the Cowboy Bebop big stupid expensive collector's edition, mainly because I've already got the last two special editions they released a couple years back. But you know what I did get? A vinyl copy of Cowboy Bebop OST 1 that I'm gonna cherish until the day I die, along with my vinyl copy of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack that I got signed by Shing02. Gaaaah damn, that was a great night. Now if I can only cross paths with Yoko Kanno/literally anyone involved with Bebop...
    You posted at 9:41. Spike uses an IMI Jericho 941. Just thought I'd point that out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw the message of Dryalex12 about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and checked the anime

Holy fucking shit, I haven't seen the last 2 chapters, but this is a really good anime

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Surprised i haven't posted here more, i'm always checking out the new anime seasons as they air and seeing any anime in cinema's, maybe i should recommend some stuff!

If any of you are into Shonen shows (Dragonball Z, shows with lots of great battles) My Hero Academia is freaking fantastic. It's got a fantastic cast and excellent animation!

In terms of shows that are currently airing SSSS: Gridman is an anime show based on the Super Satai shows which were the basis for Power Rangers in the West, and it's fun as fuck! And Zombie Land Saga has one of the most WTF AM I WATCHING first episodes i've ever seen! That Time i was Reincarnated as a Slime is only 4 episodes in but really fucking charming! I'll have a look back through my anime list to recommend some more completed shows from this year/last year for you all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I saw the message of Dryalex12 about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and checked the anime

Holy fucking shit, I haven't seen the last 2 chapters, but this is a really good anime
    Prepare yourself the last 2 are gonna hit you really hard