Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Woman in the Window (2020)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The Woman in the Window (2020)

Movie set to be released October 4th, 2019.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6111574/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bought my wife the book for xmas. Her sisters raved about it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    So how is this different from the Hitchcock movie Rear Window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    So how is this different from the Hitchcock movie Rear Window?
    It's probably not, but to be fair, Rear Window has been ripped off by so many filmmakers at this point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's based on a book, which is described by the author himself as 'Hitchcockinan', so there you go.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently the film was moved to 2020
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-film-1222951

I wonder if TRAR are still on board after this move. How early or late in the game the score is typically recorded?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Apparently the film was moved to 2020
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-film-1222951

I wonder if TRAR are still on board after this move. How early or late in the game the score is typically recorded?
    I'm no expert on movie development, but five days of re-shoots shouldn't impact the score at all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm no expert on movie development, but five days of re-shoots shouldn't impact the score at all.
    Agreed. And I don't think there is a standard time for a score to be finished.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It depends on how involved the composers are with the filmmakers and how complex the score is. Composers can be creating pieces for the film before they even start shooting (ala The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) or it could be one of the last things that gets done for the film.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 08-21-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: clarity

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    TRAR have been replaced by Danny Elfman on this.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/11...in-the-window/
    Last edited by TheBang; 11-27-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added news link

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's a shame. Wonder if the delay is what did it, or if there's something more going on behind the scenes with the movie.

Unrelated, but the author of the book this movie's based on is a real shithead.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Unrelated, but the author of the book this movie's based on is a real shithead.
    this is like when everyone found out that james frey lied his ass off writing a million little pieces...

this guy sounds insane. and as someone who has bipolar ii, i can assure you the shit he's done is not in line with that diagnosis alone.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    TRAR have been replaced by Danny Elfman on this.
    On that note, I'm closing the thread in this particular subforum - please continue in Le Cinema should you be interested in further discussion about the film.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I’m just going to reopen this thread because of the new news that the entire score was completed and then they bowed out of the production when the film changed course:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/ni...reznors-studio

Speaking to his and Ross' work for TV and film, Reznor revealed that the duo completed "an avant-garde score" for the Joe Wright–directed movie The Woman in the Window, starring Amy Adams and due to hit theaters in May 2020. But the film "underwent a transformation after some testing audiences," according to Reznor, and so the two decided to "bow out." "There's no animosity on our end," he added. "It's frustrating when you did that much work and it's gone. And we were proud — and they were proud — of the movie that it was."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll ever release that score or if it'll just sit in the vault forever. Maybe they can strip it for parts, so to speak, and some of it will pop up in other scores down the road.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Considering how proud Trent & Atticus seem to be of the score, I can't help but think that it'll pop up in SOME form eventually.

The fact that they put as much love & care into Bird Box Extended (apparently a poor working experience) makes me think they will put some effort into getting Woman heard, especially knowing they were actually proud of the movie, too, and not just the music. I'm just curious what the most likely scenario is. A leak? A "re-purposing" a la Still? A re-purposing for another film?

In any case, I take strange comfort in knowing that they were proud of the work and the movie. At least there's that.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Considering how proud Trent & Atticus seem to be of the score, I can't help but think that it'll pop up in SOME form eventually.
    That's up to Disney/Fox. If it was fully completed (or at least the majority of the work was done) and incorporated into the film before the studio got cold feet, then the studio owns the music and can do what they want with it. I suppose if Trent & Atticus were really happy with what they did and wanted to fight to release it in some form, they could go about doing so. It sounds to me like they're already moving on from it though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever release that score or if it'll just sit in the vault forever. Maybe they can strip it for parts, so to speak, and some of it will pop up in other scores down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for a second Still-type release?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for a second Still-type release?
    It would be great to throw the whole unused outtakes folder at some of those potential collaborators on the list of people TR mentioned in Revolver magazine, and see if they pick up and run with anything that didn't previously make the cut from any of their prior projects.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Wow, I didn't realize they did work on it I just thought they passed on it so they could do Watchmen.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Great. So they’ve made this incredibly disorienting, Coil-esque avant-garde score that’s just collecting dust on a shelf next to Tapeworm somewhere. I want to hear this shit more than ever now..

Especially considering Bird Box was a miserable experience for them and at the same time is quickly becoming one of my favorite scores they’ve done yet..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Its a real shame, we can only hope that their contract allows them to release the music in some way themselves, or that it somehow leaks rather than just sitting on a shelf.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting development. Disney are now selling this film, negotiating with Netflix. Bit annoying they made all those changes then sold it anyway. I get the impression Netflix would have been fine with a more avant garde tone

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Still adamant in my belief that Locusts is actually what was supposed to be the score for this film, from the track names to the overall atmosphere of the music right down to how Trent and Atticus described the score in the Dec/Jan issue of Revolver..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trent should leak it as a fuck you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Read right above your post. You've likely already listened to it and didn't realize. Isn't that a trip.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    Read right above your post. You've likely already listened to it and didn't realize. Isn't that a trip.
    i believe neorev was referring to the movie itself, not the score.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i believe neorev was referring to the movie itself, not the score.
    A musician who previously worked on a movie and left before it was finished should leak the movie? how would that work?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    A musician who previously worked on a movie and left before it was finished should leak the movie? how would that work?
    it was a joke ¯\_(ツ)_/¯