Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Woman in the Window (2020)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    A musician who previously worked on a movie and left before it was finished should leak the movie? how would that work?
    You're really taking this way too seriously. Next time I'll add a for clarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys!
    What an awful confusion with this movie. I have read the book - I liked it. I was waiting for the movie release as I like the cast. Another awesome information was the score with Reznor at the helm. And then it all went to hell. First Trent was replaced. I like Danny Elfman but pleaseeeee. So now you are telling me the movie is going to Netflix? Huh. Interesting. Do you know where I can find the original score written by Trent Reznor? (I am in Europe).

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    Do you know where I can find the original score written by Trent Reznor? (I am in Europe).
    Sure do, Chuck: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_VI:_Locusts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Heads up, @CharlieBrown, this is not confirmed but it a prominent fan theory that has some supporting evidence in the track titles.
    Last edited by zecho; 08-10-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it possible that they just can't legally confirm that music as The Woman scrapped score for some reason?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Of course it’s possible..

What was Disney going to do with a score that didn’t fit with the movie they chose to go with? They had likely already paid Trent and Atticus for their work, or perhaps a portion of what they were owed. Rather than just flush the score and walk away, they were likely given the option of buying back the rights with the stipulation that they would not allude, imply or outright state that the music was the WITW score when they chose to release it..

They probably already had Ghosts: Together compiled or a rough idea of what it would be, if that volume is in fact leftover pieces of material that didn’t find a home in a previous score or NIN album. That’s also why Locusts sounds like a fully-formed and complete album of work in comparison..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My belief is that the albums might have had their origin in the score, but they didn't just throw out what they did for the film and call it a day. I could see them using what they did as a starting point and expanding from there. Because of Disney's involvement, odds are we're never going to know for sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So I just skipped through this and, A. the music they went with is boring as fuck, B. some of Ghosts V and VI were ABSOLUTELY intended to score this film. Might have made it better.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I watched it. Another book-into-movie that didn't need to be made. Even the almighty Gary Oldman and Anthony Mackie couldn't save this one. I'm just glad we got the original score from it..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Movie was an abomination.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Movie was an abomination.
    God himself would have to come to earth and shoot colourful stars out of his butthole for you to be impressed though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    God himself would have to come to earth and shoot colourful stars out of his butthole for you to be impressed though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So I just skipped through this and, A. the music they went with is boring as fuck, B. some of Ghosts V and VI were ABSOLUTELY intended to score this film. Might have made it better.
    Now that I've seen the movie, could you please elaborate on why you think this to be the case? I don't disagree, I'm just curious to know your thoughts on why/how this may be the case.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Now that I've seen the movie, could you please elaborate on why you think this to be the case? I don't disagree, I'm just curious to know your thoughts on why/how this may be the case.
    Nothing really quantifiable...just a strong, pervasive feeling that some/most of Ghosts V & VI were meant to be a part of the film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I’m just going to reopen this thread because of the new news that the entire score was completed and then they bowed out of the production when the film changed course:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/ni...reznors-studio
    And now we have verification from Joe Wright about what happened-
    https://www.vulture.com/2022/03/the-woman-in-the-window-is-not-the-film-joe-wright-made.html

So, as TR alluded to, the filmmaker was happy with the early version, but it played horribly for test audiences.
    It got watered down a lot. It was a lot more brutal in my original conception. Both aesthetically, with really fucking hard cuts and really violent music — Trent Reznor did an incredible score for it that was abrasive and hard-core — and in its depiction of Anna, Amy Adams’s character, who was far messier and kind of despicable in a lot of ways.