Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Home Alone

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Home Alone

It also definitely does not feel like Christmas for me without Home Alone. I actually had Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on VHS before the first one though, but now have the DVDs to both movies. It's been a while since I've watched either of them, but since I caught it last year while randomly channel surfing, it reminded me why I kept watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York just about every year in the 1990s. I've also come to now make it a habit/tradition to watch it every Christmas, or at least every December.

I'd also naturally assume and guess that most of us are just fans of the first 2 movies. I also enjoyed how Macaulay Culkin embraces his legacy as well, and how he seems to be doing much better these days.

https://www.facebook.com/HomeAloneMovie/

Anyway, I figured that I'd also post the CinemaSins and CinemaWins episodes on Home Alone here.

And some callbacks/parodies to Home Alone with the actual actors and actresses.

After also playing Home Alone on the Super Nintendo, I have also imagined actual health bars on on the Kevin, Harry and Marv. I also know that I've already posted this in the Random Stupidity thread, but it actually relates to what I've imagined long before I saw those videos, as I already pictured that in the 1990s. These clips also feature some of my most favorite parts from both movies anyway.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Macaulay Culkin also re-enact some parts of Home Alone for the Google Assistant commercial as well.

@eversonpoe - I remember you saying that you were also a huge fan of the Home Alone franchise and thought it would a wasted/missed chance to not give you a heads up on this thread at the very least, especially on Christmas Eve.

@elevenism @henryeatscereal - And now I also wonder what the both of you thought of Home Alone. This thread would also seem to be incomplete without you as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-24-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Merry Christmas.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'd say that I hate this movie, but then again my favorite holiday films are Silent Night Deadly Night 2 and Gremlins... so I'm generally just an annoying guy around Christmas.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Silent Night Deadly Night 2
    Punish!

Garbage Day!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Punish!

Garbage Day!
    ... and SO MUCH MORE.

That dude's eyebrows are powerful and mustn't be fucked with.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I have to watch these whenever they're on for the holidays. Classics for me and my family, even though I'm the grinch around the holidays as it is. Seeing Macaulay Culkin back in the loop with AVGN was a pleasant surprise, along with the review they did of Big Trouble In Little China.

Also, really good to see him doing well in this day and age. He did an interview with Joe Rogan recently explaining how it was growing up in the spotlight, along with why he stays out of the limelight. Pretty chill dude if you ask me.

Back to Home Alone.. I really wish they would make just one more, and pretend that the others sequels never existed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love this film!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I just watched Home Alone today, great movie that never gets old. The sequel was surprisingly good, considering it seems like the premise would get tiresome pretty soon. By Home Alone 3 it was getting pretty stale. Never saw the other movies.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I fucking loved home alone @Halo Infinity , and home alone 2, and I clearly remember seeing both in the theater.

And here's some Xmas home alone related inanity/ridiculousness.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I just watched Home Alone today, great movie that never gets old. The sequel was surprisingly good, considering it seems like the premise would get tiresome pretty soon. By Home Alone 3 it was getting pretty stale. Never saw the other movies.
    The girlfriend and I watched Home Alone 2 tonight. We watched the first one last Christmas. They're defiantly classic movies, but watching them as an adult, you can't help but say "that would NEVER happen" haha. The hotel would never let the kid check in without his dad there for one. Would need to show some sort of ID that matches the credit card. Half the traps would have killed the bandits, especially that electricity trap in the sequel. The traps were more brutal this time around. No way they'd be standing from half the shit they got hit with. Guess it's all for comedic relief, it's supposed to be a silly kids movie after all.

I remember as a child, after seeing the first Home Alone movie in the theatre's, I wanted to be like Kevin, and I hosed down my front steps in the winter time, hahaha.
    I don't recall the outcome, but I imagine I got in shit for it.

Never seen any of the movies passed the 2nd one, once Macaulay was out, I had no interest.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    And of course:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Never seen any of the movies passed the 2nd one, once Macaulay was out, I had no interest.
    3rd is actually enjoyable, in my opinion. The others not at all.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

@elevenism @henryeatscereal - And now I also wonder what the both of you thought of Home Alone. This thread would also seem to be incomplete without you as well.
    Thanks, i've always liked the first two movies.
    In Mexico they always play them this time of year, i even enjoy the stupid conspiracy theories:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    3rd is actually enjoyable, in my opinion. The others not at all.
    After watching it again today for the first time in years... There are some pretty funny parts once the traps come into play. The pet rat scene gets me cracking up every time, along with a very young and frumpy Scarlett Johansson.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Thanks, i've always liked the first two movies.
    In Mexico they always play them this time of year, i even enjoy the stupid conspiracy theories:

I almost forgot to show you this. Macaulay Culkin even responded to the conspiracy theories on Jimmy Fallon.

And this is where he talks about his encounter with Marilyn Manson when he was working on Party Monster on Conan O'Brien, and the time he apparently taught him how to smoke. (Home Alone was also inevitably brought up as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The girlfriend and I watched Home Alone 2 tonight. We watched the first one last Christmas. They're defiantly classic movies, but watching them as an adult, you can't help but say "that would NEVER happen" haha. The hotel would never let the kid check in without his dad there for one. Would need to show some sort of ID that matches the credit card. Half the traps would have killed the bandits, especially that electricity trap in the sequel. The traps were more brutal this time around. No way they'd be standing from half the shit they got hit with. Guess it's all for comedic relief, it's supposed to be a silly kids movie after all.

I remember as a child, after seeing the first Home Alone movie in the theatre's, I wanted to be like Kevin, and I hosed down my front steps in the winter time, hahaha.
    I don't recall the outcome, but I imagine I got in shit for it.

Upon seeing your post, I thought that you might appreciate this video, which I found shortly after reading it.

And these articles as well, regarding Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, which also reminded me about your post.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...its-Harry-Marv

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/80...culkin-prison/

I also figured that I might as well post this here too, as it juxtaposes the original scenes with the Google advertisement.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-31-2018 at 03:40 PM.