Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ghosts V-VIII?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ghosts V-VIII?

I did read somewhere that we'd be getting more volumes of Ghosts in the future. Has Trent and Atticus ever considered trying it again? I know it's been over 10 years since the first four volumes came out, but just a thought.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think any casual assertions that any artist makes about possible future works should always be taken with a grain of salt. In that moment the artist may intend to do this because they are really feeling it right then, but the moment passes, and they move on to other ideas. I think Trent really means it whenever we tosses something out there (and I don't even know if he's the one that said it in this case), but things change.

I would be shocked if we ever see another Ghosts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Agreed. As someone else here once pointed out in another thread, their film scoring career scratches that itch for them (and really for most of us, too).

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think that basically the idea behind Ghosts (TR improvises in the studio, perhaps along with a few other invited collaborators, Atticus edits and assembles each track from the raw materials) just turned into their typical workflow for everything, scores and NIN projects included. Hesitation Marks started from TR's solo demos on his own home workstation, but otherwise I believe since The Slip everything they've done together has been that way.