2018.12.11 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

La3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    LA 3 and 3 more to go <3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm curious what time are these Hollywood shows are over at?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    AAAAHHH everything played tonight was PHM, Broken, or TDS <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jizuzjuice View Post
    They tend to end sometime around 11:30pm so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Epic concert with all pre Fragile songs. Was a treat to see them open with "Now I'm Nothing." Juliette Lewis & Brad Wilk were standing in front of me and it was cool to see Trent play the tracks from Natural Born Killers and see her rock out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizuzjuice View Post

945-1125 ish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    AAAAHHH everything played tonight was PHM, Broken, or TDS <3 <3 <3

They tend to end sometime around 11:30pm so far.
    show was perfect BUT i'd have been even happier if they had included down in it, pinion before wish (for sake of completion) and eraser

oh well there's still 3 nights to go.

/sarcasm

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hey if we’re getting greedy, what’s going on with Becoming? All these pre97 sets ignoring it like a red headed step child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Hey if we’re getting greedy, what’s going on with becoking y’all? All these pre97 sets ignoring it like a red headed step child.
    i know you mean becoming. and i didn't mention heresy or ruiner. that's just unreasonable. EDIT: down in it hasn't been played since 09? wtf is up with that?
    Last edited by 3po1nt0; 12-12-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Performance: Absolutely amazing. This was the only L.A. show I could attend (for various reasons), and it was incredible. But...

Experience: I was shocked that I managed to get as close as two bodies away from the barrier, seeing as I didn't manage to get in the line until close to 6 p.m. (after waiting in the merchandise line). And I was conveniently located close to the middle of the stage with the mic in more or less clear sight. And I was having an absolute blast...until I started getting crushed. Literally. People, a 5' 3" body can only take so much pressure, even with a nice Oh Lawd He Comin' chonk plushy physique. At one point I had to elbow a guy who was grinding on me, but...well, I guess I'm too damn old and my wonky back isn't what it used to be and when it got to the point that my feet were being lifted off the ground I had to cry uncle and be carried out over the barrier.

And as I was being helped up to the barrier, I managed to lose something precious to me.

So to whomever found and kept the small silver Claddagh ring that fell off my finger, I hope you enjoy my late husband's gift to me.

To sweeten things, I'll just add that tonight's show was the first time I'd seen NIN since the Lights in the Sky tour. It was at the Nashville show on Halloween in 2008. My husband and I were there, celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary.

Be that as it may, I would like to give a special shout out of thanks to Christine, a stranger who helped comfort me. Thank you for the reminder that there is still kindness out there and that healing takes time.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Portrait in Flesh View Post
    Performance: Absolutely amazing. This was the only L.A. show I could attend (for various reasons), and it was incredible. But...

Experience: I was shocked that I managed to get as close as two bodies away from the barrier, seeing as I didn't manage to get in the line until close to 6 p.m. (after waiting in the merchandise line). And I was conveniently located close to the middle of the stage with the mic in more or less clear sight. And I was having an absolute blast...until I started getting crushed. Literally. People, a 5' 3" body can only take so much pressure, even with a nice Oh Lawd He Comin' chonk plushy physique. At one point I had to elbow a guy who was grinding on me, but...well, I guess I'm too damn old and my wonky back isn't what it used to be and when it got to the point that my feet were being lifted off the ground I had to cry uncle and be carried out over the barrier.

And as I was being helped up to the barrier, I managed to lose something precious to me.

So to whomever found and kept the small silver Claddagh ring that fell off my finger, I hope you enjoy my late husband's gift to me.

To sweeten things, I'll just add that tonight's show was the first time I'd seen NIN since the Lights in the Sky tour. It was at the Nashville show on Halloween in 2008. My husband and I were there, celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary.

Be that as it may, I would like to give a special shout out of thanks to Christine, a stranger who helped comfort me. Thank you for the reminder that there is still kindness out there and that healing takes time.
    Sorry, I know we're not supposed to post in threads for shows we haven't attended...but just needed to check: have you contacted the venue about the ring? When we find things at gigs, we alert our security staff, and they usually get in touch with the venue. I'd reach out to anyone possible at the venue; if you're not based in LA you could probably get a photo to them via social media or email so they've got a reference.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Show thoughts!

1. JAMC played a couple different songs!
    2. 1989 - 1994 jam party! It's cool to see they're taking advantage of the six show thing and doing a set that wouldn't really play as a one-off.
    3. I only went to one of the two NIN/JA shows close to me in 2009 and have always kicked myself for not getting to see Now I'm Nothing at the other. The self-kicking may now cease!
    4. Weird they would play all of Broken (minus Pinion) but out of order. Maybe they're saving the Broken-in-full opener for another night? Do it the last show of the tour to bookend with the first show of the tour?
    5. I got to see Adam Ant and NIN play Physical in the same year. That's pretty cool.
    6. I've technically seen A Warm Place before, but it was the low rent 2013-2014 version, so this was nice to get.
    7. A bigger mosh circle than the other nights but with about the same number of people in it, which made it more of a punk show pit (marching around, casually grabbing/pushing each other, etc.). Kind of cool.
    8. Got to briefly meet @Miss.Selfdestruct !

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Portrait in Flesh View Post

Oh my god! I hope you do contact the venue and try to see if someone found it! I’m so sorry that happened to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2018.12.11 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

I’m exhausted, but boy was it worth it. Hope tonight is just as awesome, (FRAGILE HEAVY PLEEEEEEEASE TRENT).

A few things, and maybe I’ll expand more on it later:
    -J&MC are bloody boring, I’m sorry. HMLTD, however, kicks some fucking ass. AWESOME set! Very much looking forward to them again tonight.
    -Only two things I said I hoped for last night were a Now I’m Nothing opener, and Dead Souls. Got both. Excellent.
    -I take back what I said about Webster Hall last July being the sweatiest ever. Last night beat that out. Crowd was intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by magnolia; 12-12-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've already called the Palladium and left a message with Lost and Found, but I'm not very hopeful at this point.

ETA: And they just called me to say no ring like mine was turned in. (The only ring that was turned in looked like costume jewelry with a large dark red stone.)

I'm sorry, Jeff. I tried holding onto it, but I failed.
    Last edited by Portrait in Flesh; 12-12-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice meeting you, @Toadflax !

That's unfortunate to hear @Portrait in Flesh :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm still processing my feelings from last night. talk about epic. i finally saw 90s nin, but like new and improved 90s nin. trent sounded amazing and had so much energy, and robin is hot hot fire. i couldn't get there early, though, and wound up in the back near a pocket of extremely aggro dudes. a fight was on the verge of breaking out between two people directly in front of me within the first minute of terrible lie. (like, two guys were passing each other and the next second one of them had the other pinned by the neck up against a pillar.) it was fucking intense, and weird. that energy was very present through the whole show. i know a lot of people get off on that shit, but i don't. none of that could take away from how amazing the band looked, sounded, and felt, though.

the lighting on this tour has been so great. sin and help me i am in hell looked and sounded beautiful. it was so special to hear now i'm nothing. and a warm place made me fucking weep. i can't wait to see what they do they next three nights.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    it was fucking intense, and weird. that energy was very present through the whole show. i know a lot of people get off on that shit, but i don't.
    Thanks for reminding me - I want to thank the guy who spent all of SICNH grinding his significant other, while simultaneously serenading his buddy next to him. I'll never unsee that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ugh. yeah, there was a lot of that. :/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice the speakers in the rear of the venue play Atticus' synths and gave off a surround sound type of experience? Also, can we please take a moment to talk about the lighting and how freakin' immersive it was!? I have some video I will post up shortly that gives off a great example of this...

Oh, and the backstage passes for this night were pretty awesome (not mine)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 12-16-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is there a recording for this show? tyvm

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    is there a recording for this show? tyvm
    There are two: http://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181211.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    thank you! i never knew where the official recording archive was housed. this is great, very much appreciate it