Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's the shortest and closest distance you have traveled to see Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    All the shows I’ve seen in London, from Fragility 1.0 in 1999 to the 02 in 2009, I was working in London and went to the shows after work, so a short tube trip. Also the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff show was a half hour train journey away. It was a bit longer this year as had to get to London from Cardiff but no biggie.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think the closest were the Phoenix shows from this most recent tour: about 20 miles from my house.

Had the shows been a few weeks later, it would have been like 2 blocks from the building I work in now (I transferred to a new role with my company in November).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    2 hours.

20 minutes.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @theimage13 - Thanks for the callback/play off. I don't know why I didn't think of this at all, and now it has finally arrived 4 years later.

Anyway, I think for my shortest commute to a Nine Inch Nails show ever, would be from Bayside, Queens to Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan. Before that, it was Madison Square Garden, but the commute I had this year was a bit quicker and even far more convenient in comparison as it was well under 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Shortest have been the three St. Louis shows I've seen in 2005, 2008 and 2013 .... farthest was last year in Nashville.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Closest was 2006, Amherst, MA. Walked from my dorm to the Mullins Center, the on-campus arena. So 15 minutes or so?
    Shortest was the <10 minute Uber ride from my apartment to the Wang for one of the Boston shows this past fall.

Not sure I posted in the other thread but the longest/farthest was a 16-hour drive to Asheville NC from Boston in 2013, that was a hell of a trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    NYC, 10/14/2018. It took roughly 45 minutes by subway. That was my first NIN show in ten years.

When I saw NIN in 2005 and 2008, I was living in Central Florida and had to go to Orlando from St. Cloud, so my dad had to drive for a longer amount of time (due to avoiding tolls) than it took for me to take public transportation to Manhattan from The Bronx (it takes roughly the same amount of time, if not a bit more, to get to Orlando using toll roads).
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 05-01-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot about tolls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    When NIN played in Marlay Park in Dublin, Ireland a few years ago, that was a 10 minute walk from my house. Very handy.

Farthest was Riga in Latvia.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Closest: 26 minutes to Circus Krone in Munich in 2007

Farthest: 9 hours from my doorstep to Zitadelle Spandau in 2014 via a cheap ass bus, but ultiamtely too long. Even London the same year was shorter from door to door but the farthest in distance.