Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.12.08 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.12.08 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

La2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn that was a solid, and Fragile heavy, set<3 Loved that rendition of God Break Down the Door. All the Love in the World, Me, I’m Not were a nice surprise, and we got The Perfect Drug!

The Background World and Over and Out worked great with this moody set.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 12-09-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a feeling it was coming but seeing Robin with a mandolin was fucking exhilarating.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That set was absolutely incredible. Seeing Ilan pull off the drum break in TPD was insane.
    I had so many feels last night--- and all the songs mentioned above were such treats... But I will add hearing The Big Come Down and Sin after going a long time without (I haven't been able to go to any of the other tour dates this time) was awesome.

However, "VIP" is anything but... And I won't do that again.. My view was not the best, esp. When the the 7 ft tall guy in the $500 seats they didn't sell at the pre sale stood up the whole time. But at least I had room to dance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Totally agree with you, Discobunny.

I think I may have been standing by you cuz that giant in the VIP table section was also blocking my view. I'm definitely annoyed with how livenation & the palladium marketed the VIP tickets. When I was in line for the big presale, they told me both balconies were for VIP only. Apparently, the one on the left side is GA and they are technically closer since there isn't 2 rows of tables in front of them. Such a waste.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Show thoughts!

1. I am utterly floored there were only three crossover songs from Friday's set.

2. As I managed to avoid all but the biggest spoilers from the tour (TPD & Broken), there were a lot of surprises for me at this show. About every third song, I'd shake my girlfriend and excitedly say either, "they haven't played this one in years!" or "they haven't played this one EVER!"

3. I kind of expected they'd never play This Isn't The Place live, so that was a nice surprise. Same with Over And Out - though that was less of a surprise. But both songs are light on vocals, so I wasn't sure if they'd want to do them live.

4. My first concert ever involved seeing Trent play Subterraneans on the sax. I never, ever, ever thought I'd get to see that again.

5. I didn't get to see All The Love In The World in 2013 - but I frustratingly heard them soundcheck with it over the wall at Kimmel. Finally getting to see it live was incredible.

6. The Perfect Drug. Fuck. I had been spoiled that they were playing it, but I managed to avoid hearing a single second of any of its performances. It was just perfect. Worth waiting 20 years for them to feel confident enough they could pull it off. Also, it's just a really damn good live song. I hope they keep it in rotation in the future.

7. I am just floored by so many of the songs on this tour. It really feels like Trent listened to the diehards, learned what we've been aching to hear live, and fucking delivered.

8. I want to send the setlist of the first two LA nights back in time (through Year Zero website technology) to this forum five or so years ago. Literally all of us would go, "OMG that would be amazing, but this is definitely fake."
    Last edited by Toadflax; 12-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.