Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.12.07 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.12.07 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

La1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Omg guys an HTDA mini set. This is out of control.

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 12-08-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    have all the shows had quadrophonic sound/auxillary rear speakers? it was SICK for reptile

also, LAST (my #1 hoped for song when the run was announced)

skipping tomorrow so i know whoever goes will get the bowie covers and HIS. jealous. but i'm slated for the remaining 4 after that.

i liked the HTDA mini set but the remainder of main set got a little singles heavy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    They fucking had lasers!!!

Also so awesome to have so many personal favourites tonight, then the HTDA mini-show!! I vaguely thought Mariqueen passed in front of me then surprise!!

Plus all that Trent and Robin love during Last..hee!

Now to bed..more line up tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    AATCHB my heart stopped for a minute. Highlight of the night for me. It was perfect.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    thoughts on tonight -

1) Welcome Oblivion is a 10/10 banger.
    2) I love lasers. Why do I love lasers so much.
    3) copy of a / closer. =D
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 12-08-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    anyone, anyone, ANYONE, have an extra BOTP print they are willing to sell?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Optimal place to be in the venue? How hard is it to get a rail spot at the balcony?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Show thoughts!

1. Death In Vegas were enjoyable.

2. JaMC were fun to hear. I understand the criticism that they have no stage presence, but for me it was really only the bassist who seemed checked out. Everyone else at least seemed into it, even if they weren't moving around much.

3. "Lots of assholes here!" I started the show two from the rail close to center, but it didn't take long for people to push and shove past and just be general dicks about life. A surprisingly brutal crowd for a smaller venue. The Joint is a similar size, and I didn't feel anywhere near as broken/bruised/forgotten/sore being way up front as I did on Friday.

4. I managed to avoid all but the biggest spoilers of this tour, so the set just felt really fresh and welcome. Opening with Mr. Self Destruct into Last made me confident this wasn't "business as usual 2018."

5. The HDTA mini-set was lovely, though I wish the crowd were a bit more supportive of it. Trent saying he "tracked down the singer" was cute.

6. I started to not feel well by the end of the regular set (some combination of dehydration, not eating enough, and general moshpitness), so I went all the way to the back for the encore. I figured encores are usually pretty standard. Then the opening notes of And All That Could Have Been began, which I had NO IDEA was being played on this tour. I was really far back and worried about my health, but I still let myself be washed away by that beautiful moment. I still can't believe it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    5. The HDTA mini-set was lovely, though I wish the crowd were a bit more supportive of it. Trent saying he "tracked down the singer" was cute.

6. I started to not feel well by the end of the regular set (some combination of dehydration, not eating enough, and general moshpitness), so I went all the way to the back for the encore. I figured encores are usually pretty standard. Then the opening notes of And All That Could Have Been began, which I had NO IDEA was being played on this tour. I was really far back and worried about my health, but I still let myself be washed away by that beautiful moment. I still can't believe it.
    Agree about lack of love for HTDA set. That was such a treat to get mid-set.

I was in a similar spot when it was time for the encore and had not seen that they've played AATCHB this time around. Had a pretty tiresome day and wasn't feeling great. My earplugs were on the whole show until those first notes started for AATCHB. I held my breath for a second because it didn't seem real, then grabbed my bf and looked at him in complete shock.
    Didn't bother taking out my phone to film or snap a picture since many folks were on it. Just let the moment play out as we held onto each other.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    I was in a similar spot when it was time for the encore and had not seen that they've played AATCHB this time around. Had a pretty tiresome day and wasn't feeling great. My earplugs were on the whole show until those first notes started for AATCHB. I held my breath for a second because it didn't seem real, then grabbed my bf and looked at him in complete shock.
    Didn't bother taking out my phone to film or snap a picture since many folks were on it. Just let the moment play out as we held onto each other.
    Is your boyfriend much taller than you with long hair? The girl in front of me had a very similar reaction to what you're describing!

P.S. I PM'd you about Wednesday tickets!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Is your boyfriend much taller than you with long hair? The girl in front of me had a very similar reaction to what you're describing!

P.S. I PM'd you about Wednesday tickets!
    Haha, different couple. My bf has short hair and was wearing a black cap. Love hearing that many had similar reactions.

P.S. PM'd back