Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 696

Thread: ninwiki

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,164
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    However, vinyl releases for various NIN and TR/AR related things have not been materializing lately, so we can't really pin our hopes on that.
    Ain't that the truth. Good point.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw this logo the other day while looking at old merch photos, if someone wants to make the effort to add it. From the live 2006 hoodie.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bla...YAAOSwRdNbChHW

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?
    Last edited by thepenguin55; 10-23-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added word

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin55 View Post
    So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?
    yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you
    Yeah itís already been corrected. I was just curious as I didnít see a way to edit it myself

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,382
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin55 View Post
    Yeah it’s already been corrected. I was just curious as I didn’t see a way to edit it myself
    NIN Wiki doesn't allow anonymous edits (like Wikipedia does). You just have to register for an account, and then you'll be able to edit pages.

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,211
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?

    I would pose a similar question for "A Familiar Taste" and "Magnetic" from the Social Network soundtrack, but those are at least remixes/reinterpretations. Inquiries and Escape Attempt are literally exactly the same.

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,164
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?
    Wow, I'm almost embarrassed that I never noticed that before. Another example is Ghosts 38, which transformed into Demon Seed (but that's covered in the page for Ghosts 38).

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,211
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    To be fair, the only reason I know that is because the wiki says so, lol. I barely listened to either of those outtakes so they didn't make an impression on me at all. Just thought it might help with some consolidation.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I consolidated that info onto the page for "Inquiries", since it's the track that got a formal, commercial release.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    How Do I Contact NINWiki?

    Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

    Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Paging @Malechite - he's the owner of the Wiki.

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Malechite , PM me. I'd love to be able to submit any lyrics/corrections/updates directly to you going forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Paging @Malechite - he's the owner of the Wiki.

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm a mod on the wiki. You're welcome to PM me with changes. You can also mention them in the ninwiki thread here.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

    Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.
    You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.

  16. #676
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.
    Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.

  17. #677
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.
    Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.

  18. #678
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.
    Just have things to add and ask for an account

  19. #679
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    A topic for ninwiki already exists.

  20. #680
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So I checked the lyrics for "I'm afraid of Americans" on other site, it says
    Johnny's in America, Lo-Teks at the wheel
    instead of ...no tricks at the wheel.
    Is that the difference you talk about?

  21. #681
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".

  22. #682
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,931
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".
    Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"

  23. #683
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"
    I've always heard it as "no tricks" (I've seen other people think it's "low techs" before) but it's the one line I'm not 100% sure on.

  24. #684
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,382
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"
    I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.

  25. #685
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,931
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.
    For your consideration






  26. #686
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,191
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.
    100% "low" after seeing the Bowie videos.

  27. #687
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,382
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    For your consideration
    Yeah, I concede the point. Trent mumbles it. Also, it's super-clear on the V5 remix of the song, which is practically a cappella.

    Also, I'd never watched a video of Bowie performing it before. Watching them, I feel really sad that he and Trent never got to do a duet of this.

  28. #688
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"
    Well, I'm with you on that. For the last 20 years, I was thinking it was "low-tech's" but then after this page on the wiki was brought to my attention, I thought maybe I had been hearing it wrong.

  29. #689
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @piggy , i've been trying to get this page updated http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

    there are some sites that are no longer valid and I would like to add NINCatalog to the page as well.

  30. #690
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    If we're going by what TR regularly sings onstage, the album version of "Closer" has the wrong lyrics!

    ...I think he's been doing a more subtle Trump dig lately by singing "logic's at the wheel"! XD

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions