Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.12.04 San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.12.04 San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

SF night 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tonight was awesome, full stop. less crowded than the first night, with better energy (by which i mean fewer assholes), and a solid and super varied set. last night was great, but tonight was next level. i'm really excited for next week in LA.

here's the setlist:

branches/bones
    wish
    less than
    motp
    piggy
    lovers
    this isn't the place
    reptile
    perfect drug - i fucking died, seriously.
    shit mirror - i hadn't watched any videos of this before seeing it live tonight, and i LOVE that robin sings leads on part of this. SO GOOD.
    ahead of ourselves
    gbdtd
    copy of a
    gave up
    thtf
    hlah
    ---
    all the love in the world - super stoked they've been pulling this out, it's one of my faves. the first time i ever saw it live was in 2013 in vegas and that setlist was killer, too.
    even deeper
    aatchb - fucking amazing. i have no words, just goosebumps. i feel so lucky to have experienced this.
    hurt

after all the love in the world trent talked for a while, a really heartfelt speech about how music saved his life. i'm hoping it gets uploaded somewhere. then he said something to the effect of how the next three songs had helped him out when he was really low and in a hole. he said multiple times throughout the course of the night how grateful he was to be here, and how grateful he was that we were there too.

this is kind of a side note, but after everything was over i realized that the guy who was so excited behind me through the whole show was an older latinx dude-- completely not who i expected to see when i turned around. he was so excited and a little overwhelmed, and was just like "that was SO GOOD." we chatted a little bit but i didn't catch his name. it was really heartwarming and made me thankful all over again for everything trent's given us. i can't think of anything that helps mitigate the persistent feeling of aloneness more than this music and this fucking rad fanbase. i am so deeply grateful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I’m still processing last night’s show. I really didn’t anticipate crying at the show, but it happened again. Even Deeper, AATCHB and hurt were overwhelming in the best way. ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^what laura said.

Great set, fantastic performance. I’m so happy to have experienced five shows on this amazing tour and wish I could’ve seen every single night. I noticed a lot of small variations the last two nights, and sensed a different kind of energy from the band. Felt like they’re building up to something even bigger. I have a feeling LA will be next-next level. Really sorry I’m not gonna be there.

SO GOOD.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My friend just told me he was walking out during AATCHB. Thinks its funny. I have to drop all casual NIN fans from my life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another outstanding performance. Consistently top-notch, as always. Quite pleased with the set lists for both nights. I just wish I could attend all of the Palladium show.

Side note.... Mike Bordin was onstage during intermission, checking out Ilan's drum set. Pretty sure it was him.