Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I haven't underatood the lingering van Alden storyline. He's so uninteresting. Rossetti has to survive I think he's like the ultimate bad guy. I'd like to see him again next season.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Agent Alden storyline has been meandering about for some time now. Obviously they're showing how someone like him gradually comes to work for the organized crime operations he used to abhor (a sort of Walter White-ish subplot). Normally I would be annoyed with a seemingly aimless storyline like this, but Alden is so completely at odds with himself that it's still compelling to watch him writhe. He's done so many bad things, but I still can't help but sympathize with him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh... shit's going to go down in the next episode. Seeing Harrow getting his guns. Man, he is definitely ready for a bloodbath.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm so excited and hopeful that I might see Gillian dead before the credits roll on season three.

Kind of worried, though, about Richard making it out alive.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Now how awesome does this look?

Best thing about the preview? a hand wrapping around Gillian's throat!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    The Agent Alden storyline has been meandering about for some time now. Obviously they're showing how someone like him gradually comes to work for the organized crime operations he used to abhor (a sort of Walter White-ish subplot). Normally I would be annoyed with a seemingly aimless storyline like this, but Alden is so completely at odds with himself that it's still compelling to watch him writhe. He's done so many bad things, but I still can't help but sympathize with him.
    This story has just flat out disappeared. Unless Spoiler: he and Richard were in the back of that mob that Eli and Capone showed up with. I miss Owen too.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    [spoilers]I'm curious if we will see some van Alden in the season finale or if Capone left him "at home" and he will guide him to O'Bannion next season. Richard is probably aiming up to shoot Tommy out of that fucking whorehouse while helping Nucky and friends in the course.[/spoiler]

I wonder what's in store for next season? Will Rosetti life? Is Masseria still a threat? Will we see the ultimate rise of Capone and him killing O'Bannion and his men? What about Luciano, will he get his feet up off the ground together with Lansky independent from Rothstein? So much to do and I can't wait to see where they will be going.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Richard Harrow... FTW!!!!! Dude is a killin' machine. The way he whacked that guy to save Tommy. Al Capone and Chalky White as a team... deadly combo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Enjoyable season with a very climactic finale - Fall 2013 can't come soon enough Spoiler: Also glad they killed off Rosetti. He reminded me of an antagonist from the Sopranos; served his purpose in the show and was fun to watch while doing it, but any more of the guy would have been overkill.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I think, out of all three, I liked this season the best. Rothstein could have had more screen time 'though, as the guy literally steals every scene he's in. Fantastic actor.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Boardwalk Empire

Aldeeeeeeen where are you.?!?!

Nice ending. Clears the slate for more story telling.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 3... hands down the best

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Gillian Chip confrontation at the end was a little wobbly...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is harrow in the Guinness black commercial I keep seeing?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Yes, it's him! And if Harrow drinks it, I'll have one too!

Now they just have to put Buscemi into one of these Pimm's commercials! >

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wow. That was a terribly weak first episode. Way too many new characters.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty good. For me, it was Harrow that made the episode. I just want more of him. He's a badass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, first episode was not too thrilling...
    give me more Harrow!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Boardwalk Empire

I have to watch it again. I'm actually a bit confused. Perhaps it's the new characters. Gillian shooting up? Yeah, I smell Nucky saving her in the end. Or not. That dude is turning more soul-less than ever. His brother is now his loving self.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Boardwalk Empire

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    That scene with the broken bottle was fucking brutal
    Maybe it's me, but I feel like the violence has gone up a level. The last scene from last night's episode was grooooossss.

Glad to see Van Alden's story is swinging back in. I'm dying for that guy to end up back in front of Nucky.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Eli's kid is in ALOT of trouble.

That shot of the dead kid was haunting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Eli's kid is in ALOT of trouble.

That shot of the dead kid was haunting.
    That was fucked up. It was good to see Eddie socializing and having fun until he gets nabbed by Knox. The highlight for me is Meyer Lansky stepping up and becoming Nucky's new secret partner for the Florida deal and beating the shit out of that guy outside.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's already shaping up to be an awesome season. Loved seeing Rothstein in his "rough patch" and yeah, the stuff with Willy was predictably fucked up. The way the foamy blood dribbled down to his wide open eyes certainly made an impact. Boardwalk Empire just knows how to make their violence less gory and more haunting.

Oh and this... http://hbowatch.com/boardwalk-empire...5-is-official/

Oh and it was cool seeing the dude who voices Michael in GTA V on screen too. About half way through that poker scene I picked up on his voice.

Second edit! That line where Eddie says one of his sons is a burgermeister and Ralph Capone is like "oh, a chef!". Man, even without any Harrow this has been the best episode of the season.
    Last edited by sa_nick; 10-02-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Eddie singing at the top of his lungs was a highlight!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm really not sure what is left for Richard to do. Where can he go? I want to say that the show might be better long term if he was to disappear for a season and then return triumphantly.

It's like Van Olden, he was so amazing to watch as a figure of authority, a total bloodhound following a scent. Seeing him now as the impotent Frank Muller is a little sad.... comic but sad. It feels like they dont know what to do with him. I hope that doesnt happen to Richard.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm predicting Rothstein will be gone by the end of this season. Would be a shame though, as the actor is literally stealing the show everytime he's in a scene...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Eddie.... Noooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Eddie.... Noooooooooooo!
    I know. I'm going to miss that guy. At least he didn't get whacked and died on his own terms.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I know. I'm going to miss that guy. At least he didn't get whacked and died on his own terms.
    I dont know seems like he was forced into a corner with that one.

The last episode wasn't that great. Why would Eli trust that little weirdo with anything?