Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1827

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah I plan on saving it, I forgot to turn my notifications off though so I'll have to make another pass at it.
    I managed to grab the raw stream files hidden behind the JavaScript and coding

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    setlist?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    setlist?
    New album, beginning to end. And karaoke Man Overboard.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I know we're all sinking our teeth into the new songs, but does it bother anyone else that Maynard inserts a rogue T into Apocalyptical? He pronounces it "apocTalyptical."
    I thought it was just me hearing that. I wonder why he did it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    another vinyl variant: Townshend in UK have an exclusive picture disc, no mention of quantity

https://puscifer.tmstor.es/

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Have seen a review where they compared the new record with NIN & HTDA. That's enough to get me to give it a listen. Most likely later today. I'm not the biggest Tool fan in the world. Saw them a bunch in the early days. I actually have a gold record for Green Jello. Tool got a bit too prog rock for me. I used to be real into that genre but got over it, haha. Old Pink Floyd is about as prog as I get nowadays. There were a couple of episodes that drove me over the cliff: First, a buddy & I went to see the mega Yes. All of the instruments except bass were doubled & everyone had to do real loooooong solos. We had great seats & got really shitfaced before the show. The song "Awaken" was so long that we dubbed it "The Cheeseburger Song". We could've left the show, walked a few blocks to Dick's Drive-in (Seattle institution), sat down & have a cheeseburger & fries, walk back to the arena & Yes would've still been playing that song. The second was a Peter Gabriel show with 10000 lighting cues that sucked the life right out of it. After Gabriel was over, went to a club in time to see Paul Westerberg. 2 guitars, bass, drums & Marshall stacks. & a cloud of dust! It was so much better than Gabriel & I was pretty big on Peter for awhile. Since then, I don't listen to much prog stuff. Maybe the occasional King Crimson but that's about it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Someone's uploaded it into parts on YT if you're so inclined...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Wow damn I dont have skills like that, I just ran the stream through my El Gato and recorded it that way. If you feel like being generous....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Haha fantastic! If you’re feeling benevolent, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gerbil; 10-31-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

I understand a lot of the criticisms of the performance from people and I can see it as underwhelming if you expected something else. But it helped put lots of the album into new contexts for me and even reinforced bits of the album I’d found lacking.

The bass parts are actually amazing throughout the album. I still feel like there are segue tracks but they’re songs in their own right. It’s like Thirteenth Step and finally hearing “Vanishing” snap into place as its own piece of the album.

8/10 on the whole thing. I highly enjoyed it.

Also, Mat Mitchell is no Billy Howerdel in the guitar tech-to-songwriter genre. But he’s got his own style and Je ne sais quoi. He fits all of this really well.

Last edited by gerbil; 10-31-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Wow damn I dont have skills like that, I just ran the stream through my El Gato and recorded it that way. If you feel like being generous....
    https://ufile.io/ws8wgy29

https://www.sendtransfer.com/downloa...&email=3982866

Last edited by ScreamingSlave; 11-10-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Here is a easy Google Drive link to the full Puscifer Live set as well in the raw mp4 and raw aac audio added back no rencoding

- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zDB...ew?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idoru View Post
    another vinyl variant: Townshend in UK have an exclusive picture disc, no mention of quantity

https://puscifer.tmstor.es/
    Ohhhhh, that one is wonderful. But surely only a crazy person would buy a 5th vinyl, right? Or pay shipping of $21.50. -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scratch my initial negative impressions. After a couple listens of the album proper I went back and re-watched the performance. Both the album & performance are incredible! I guess I just wasn’t in the right mindset for the initial broadcast (it was just after I got home from work, during daylight, not having listened to the album prior, etc). Gonna listen some more tonight & will prob watch again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Scratch my initial negative impressions. After a couple listens of the album proper I went back and re-watched the performance. Both the album & performance are incredible! I guess I just wasn’t in the right mindset for the initial broadcast (it was just after I got home from work, during daylight, not having listened to the album prior, etc). Gonna listen some more tonight & will prob watch again.
    The more I listen to this the more I dig it.

“Bullet Train To Iowa” and “A Singularity” are current faves. But I’ve been feeling laid back. This album has tracks for moods.

Last edited by gerbil; 10-31-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thanks. I don't regret paying for the stream either but it's nice to have a copy forever.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "UPGrade" reminds me of a APC song every time he sings "alleviate" but I can't remember which one off the top of my head...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What are the odds this was filmed alongside Arcosanti performance?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not much of a Puscifer fan, just kind of skipped around some of these songs for the concert. Anyone else think it sounds recorded and not live? If that was one of the points of the stream- my bad- didn’t see it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What are the odds this was filmed alongside Arcosanti performance?
    Probably was, since they aired it right before the Arcosanti show started. Was part of the narrative of why Billy Dee was walking through the desert before and after the show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is this "Billy Dee" character supposed to be an actual person? Or a caricature of someone in particular? Or just a fictional character?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just a fictional character, like most of Maynard's characters. Billy Dee, Major Douche, the preacher whose name I can't remember, etc.. The Peter Merkin character has gone through several iterations. I don't think they're all supposed to be the same character, since I doubt Billy Dee's redneck foil is supposed to be the same Special Agent in Training Peter Merkin AKA Maynard Keenan. I think Maynard just really likes the moniker, and uses it often. If I recall correctly, the Peter Merkin name was also used on the Dozo vinyl single as a producer or something. Haven't got the vinyl nearby to check.

EDIT: Nix that. It was the Queen B vinyl single, and it was Harry Merkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone else think it sounds recorded and not live?
    I've heard several people say this, but Maynard's vocals on Apocalyptical are definitely different than the album version, so I'm guessing it's a live recording and just incredibly well mixed after the fact. At least Apocalyptical, anyway.
    Last edited by Tyson; 11-02-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At first watch I thought it was a “live in studio” audio mixed with the performance. The second & third time I watched it felt more like a complete live performance with the audio mixed exceptionally well. I just watched the Joe Rogan podcast today where Maynard talks about how difficult it was to perform perfectly at sunrise, since they really had limited time to get that right. I guess in the end I think it was at least mostly live.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    At first watch I thought it was a “live in studio” audio mixed with the performance. The second & third time I watched it felt more like a complete live performance with the audio mixed exceptionally well. I just watched the Joe Rogan podcast today where Maynard talks about how difficult it was to perform perfectly at sunrise, since they really had limited time to get that right. I guess in the end I think it was at least mostly live.
    They mostly play it live. Mostly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    They mostly play it live. Mostly.
    Considering it was filmed weeks prior, studio touch-ups are pretty much a certainty. It sounds really fucking good though, so to me that’s all what really matters in the end.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I was just making a reference to Alien, but yeah I agree.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Considering it was filmed weeks prior, studio touch-ups are pretty much a certainty. It sounds really fucking good though, so to me that’s all what really matters in the end.
    Bingo. Even if it was the studio audio, I liked it way more than the actual music videos they've put out for this album. They could split up the songs and release them all as performance music videos.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think that’s a bit of the problem- it sounds and looks like a bunch of music videos stringed together, in that old school live scene bands used to do. NIN’s Beside You In Time wouldve sucked had they done something similar (I know, different times and situations and what not, etc.)

That said I’m not trying to poop on anyone’s parade. If the fans like it it’s all good. Maynard should stop dancing like a dork though lol.

EDIT: the stage looks pretty good too. Nice job on them with the production.
    Last edited by Krazy; 11-04-2020 at 08:59 PM.