Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1811

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My semi-local FYE had the copper variant in stock. I grabbed one since I wasn't feeling black.

I'll sell my sealed pre-ordered black variant copy straight from the Puscifer Existential Reckoning Store for face value. We'll talk shipping costs. PM me if interested.
    Just got my copper. Gorgeous.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Still waiting on my gold vinyl and gold cassette and player. Got a shipping notification back at the beginning of November, but I guess they're going out Jan. 15. Apocalyptical/Rocket Man vinyl on the way. Got both jackets. Red for my birthday back in September, and the white for Christmas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I still wish I had snagged the high dispersion gold when it was available, but my copper vinyl is cooler than I expected. Almost like a transparent version of the gold.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I dig the super high translucence of my digital copy.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Still waiting on my vinyl to come in from Amoeba and after emailing their ordering department, I received a response stating they are having issues with the distributor not getting them in yet. Anyone else get theirs from another source?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Still waiting on my vinyl to come in from Amoeba and after emailing their ordering department, I received a response stating they are having issues with the distributor not getting them in yet. Anyone else get theirs from another source?
    Are you specifically looking for the clear vinyl? If so, that's the indie-exclusive, so any local record store would be carrying that variant.

You can try looking at a local record store
    Studio Records Tulsa looks to have it in stock (only 1 left)
    Zia Records also seems to have it in stock
    FYE (surprisingly) still has the transparent copper version in stock. I just got mine last week and it's pretty cool.
    There's also always Discogs, which is better than dealing with eBay
    Lastly, there's eBay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://www.loudersound.com/amp/feat...tial-reckoning

Nice read.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Also an audio interview here: https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio...tle-conspiracy.

I tried listening to this last night but couldn't (restricted to Canada) but was able to listen to it today for some reason. He had covid again, and was hospitalized on Dec. 21 (around the 12:30 minute mark).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So there’s this https://consequenceofsound.net/2021/...bout-covid-19/

Wildly impressed with his performance at Arcosanti dealing with all this.

And before we fight about it, the vocals were done live. They’re different than the album. I’ve listened a lot. There might be fixes here and there (mostly Fake Affront cuz it sounds closest to the album and would be hard to do with lung damage, I imagine) but it’s def not just the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can someone explain to me what they like so much about Existential Reckoning?

I'm a longtime fan and I've tried so hard to like this album but... it just feels so boring and uninspired. What am I missing??

I definitely seem to be in the minority here, so I'm hoping I'll eventually come around.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post

I'm a longtime fan and I've tried so hard to like this album but... it just feels so boring and uninspired. What am I missing??

I definitely seem to be in the minority here, so I'm hoping I'll eventually come around.
    It's good but it's definitely not my favorite album by the band.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    To be honest, I feel like the thing that impresses me the most about the album is the mixing. It's, from a technical point, top notch. Everything feels very clear and sharp. It all manages to work together without any one instrument or sound being overpowering and "getting in the way" of another.

Other than that, I think it's a solid album, but if it weren't for the combo of Bullet Train to Iowa/Personal Prometheus/A Singularity, I don't think it would even be in the running with Moneyshot or Conditions.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I don't like it that much either, I find it "meh", there's no song in there that stands out to me. I'd rank the albums as:
    1. Conditions of my parole (I find this one superb, really really good), no filler.
    2. Money Shot
    3. Existential Reckoning

Haven't really listened to V is For...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I personally really like the new album. It's hard for me to put my finger on the exact reason but here is the best I can do to explain it. First off when I listen to it I will listen to it cover to cover, I have not listened to this as a song here or another song there. It does seem to start a little slow but by the Bedlamite comes on I find that I have been fully engrossed and captivated by the entire experience and wanting to listen again immediately. Songs will resonate in my head for days and I will have this almost addictive need to listen to the album again. It's like this weird story is being told about the world and the time we are living in and it really resonates with me right now. I like the connection between Theorem at the 5th track and Postulous at the 10th track, for me this helps to tie the story of the album together. I also find the final track Bedlamite to be very powerful and a perfect ending to the story that the album is telling.

This is just my reaction to the album. I don't know if I could rank the Puscifer albums as they are all kind of their own unique thing. I think the big takeaway for me is this album is meant to be listened to in full. Don't listen to it off your phone. Put it on headphones or good speakers. Turn off distractions and let the music take over.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    1. Money Shot
    2. Existential Reckoning
    3. Conditions of my Parole
    4. V is for Vagina

I've always thought that if they had included the original version of Rev. 22:20 and The Undertaker (Renholder Mix) on V is for Vagina, that would have gone a LONG way toward making their debut stronger. The remixes they used instead are disappointing and far inferior. Having said that, Momma Sed is easily one of my favorite Puscifer songs. I wasn't very impressed with Conditions when it first came out, but it grew on me when I revisited it years later after seeing them live on the Money Shot tour and embracing their newer, spacier, more atmospheric approach used on that album (Money Shot), which is when I feel they really started to feel like a real band who had begun taking themselves more seriously. I also feel that the addition of Carina's vocals adds a lot and helps to give Puscifer an identity separate and unique from APC. I really like Existential Reckoning, though it's difficult to explain why. I guess it just seems like an extension of Money Shot, but with new elements. I honestly go back & forth between Money Shot and Existential Reckoning being my favorite Puscifer album. They're a rare case where I feel their most recent albums are better than their early albums.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-19-2021 at 12:31 AM. Reason: error

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I absolutely love ER and I've listened to it many times every week since it came out. That said, I realize I am basically in crazy fangirl mode as to MJK's work right now (just got into it in summer 2018 so it's still very fresh and new to me), so I realize my opinion is not at all balanced.

Like Fadeout54321, I almost always listen to it in its entirety with the only exceptions being when time constrained to a shorter period. First time watching Arcosanti, I teared up at Bedlamite. That song has easily taken a spot in my all time top favorite list. Fadeout54321 has expressed so well my own thoughts and feelings on this when he said: "It's like this weird story is being told about the world and the time we are living in and it really resonates with me right now. " ER feels like my own recent journey and thoughts.

I admit I feel the meaning in the songs are very obvious so they certainly don't need to be summarized to anyone who's listened to it, but here's the journey I love to take every time I listen: I mean what do we do now that
    we've given up so much that was important for just a bit of distractions (Bread and Circus). Clearly the world has gone crazy in 2020 and so many people are blind or ignorant (Apocalyptical). But I can see through it all, right? (Underwhelming). Or can I? It can be hard to tell what is the truth (Grey Area). Buckle down, learn, it can be figured out (Theorem). But sometimes people get tired, lost, frustrated, etc. and look for help, sometimes finding help from others. I just absolutely love MJK wondering aloud about how he doesn't know why people find his words so meaningful--"words that terminate or alleviate this morbid despair you feel "(UPGrade). But sometimes I just want to take a break, relax, go for a ride (choo choo choo). Now I've not (yet) done Ayahuasca, but I take Personal Prometheus and then Singularity to be part of that journey based on my readings about experiences on it. Postulous seems to get back to the idea of we can figure it out (but yet also talks about integration and assimilation which I understand to be some common post-Ayahuasca issues). Finally, we figure out the fake from the truth (Fake Affront). And then...Bedlamite.

What I wanted from Fear Inoculum was MJK to explain that he'd figured "it" out in those 13 years. Instead, I got Invincible and Descending saying yeah we are getting old and it sucks, it's all gonna end but let's try to hang on to it as long as we can. So, it wasn't the answer I wanted but if he hadn't figured "it" out yet, well my hope for an answer miraculously coming to me was not good. In a way it was comforting to know there just wasn't answer. Maybe just relax and stop looking for one so much.

I think Bedlamite is "it" but I mean maybe not...? The "it" perhaps being that it is just fine to simply believe everything will work out and be alright. It's just some old crazy drunken seer thinking he can tell the future, right? Why should I believe him when he says look, celebrate humanity's diversity and amazing resilience to survive anything and everything's going to be alright. Ignore him because he's drunk and crazy perhaps. Yet what he is saying makes so much sense and it seems so reasonable to rely on it. And I want to believe it. He's even saying, well don't rely on me, write your own story and believe it all work out. And, perhaps I can.

P.S. Love Carina when she sounds so primal like in portions of Prometheus (sounds like she should be in Nordic folk band Wardruna).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I had a similar experience with ER that I had with Mer de Noms, which is that I wasn't sold at first, but once I was, I never got sick of it.

First time through with ER, I thought, this is fine. A little low energy, a little repetitive, but fine. But then on repeated listens, I slowly started connecting with it in a big bad way. I think it helps that I connected with Apocalyptical and Bedlamite right away, so the album starts and ends with a bang (I also started connecting hard to The Underwhelming early on, which helped).

After that, the other songs slowly started coming to the surface. I would put the album on in the background while my girlfriend and I were playing a board game or eating or whatever, which was nice, as it allowed me to tune into the album whenever it grabbed me and ignore it the rest of the time. But I think that went a long way to me getting comfortable with the songs overall.

Finally, after a couple weeks, it got to the point where I loved the album and connected to every song. So it's not like I had to "work" to like it (the way you sometimes do with a Radiohead album or a David Lynch movie), but it did take some time for me to go from "this is fine" to "this is a contender for my favorite Puscifer album."
    Last edited by Toadflax; 02-22-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There's apparently going to be some kind of announcement today, according to the band's Instagram.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like they're doing the same thing they did for Existential Reckoning, but with Money Shot this time. I don't really understand the whole thing with the Billy D character, but Money Shot is my favorite Puscifer album, so this should be kinda cool.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hopefully someone will be able to rip it again?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know--was this something he actually wore during Money Shot times? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1615915364

I've only been a fan since 2018 and I have not seen this. Of course I have seen the black jacket with the red and white ones as he wore that during the Tool concert. Google reverse image search gives me nothing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Does anyone know--was this something he actually wore during Money Shot times? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1615915364

I've only been a fan since 2018 and I have not seen this. Of course I have seen the black jacket with the red and white ones as he wore that during the Tool concert. Google reverse image search gives me nothing.
    Yup, something like that anyways. He wore a wrestling mask but I don’t recall that black outfit. Saw them here in Milwaukee in 2016, which apparently was the Money Shot tour. They had the wrestling ring and wrestlers and shit.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    It would’ve been awesome if he did Conditions with it as well. Especially since that character featured in the music video for the title track.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I would be pumped for a full performance of V is for...

Also... I really wish Maynard had been in the movie Con Air (random thought).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Yes, he wore variations of luchador wrestling masks to reflect The Remedy music video imagery. When they performed the song live they’d have a wrestling match going on in the back. Not like a match up to pro wrestling promotions standards but enough to see what it was as a background piece.

He wear the same outfit here, probably where you got the photo from.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It would’ve been awesome if he did Conditions with it as well. Especially since that character featured in the music video for the title track.
    Billy D has been around as a character as long as Puscifer iirc.

He was a major part of the live show during the 09 tour at least.

He even sang a lot of the songs during that tour - usually because Maynard was too drunk or sprained his groin "doing jiu jitsu" before the show or whatever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Like people have said, the lucha mask was a staple of that tour, but he usually more it with a suit. That jacket is something new. In the past, there have only been white and red versions of the jacket. Black on black is new, and Lei Li said, a few months ago, that they were planning a blue version as well, which is also new.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/474039...mpression=true

Great read.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    That jacket is something new. In the past, there have only been white and red versions of the jacket. Black on black is new, and Lei Li said, a few months ago, that they were planning a blue version as well, which is also new.
    Thanks. Great info! Where did she say that? I like to think I follow the info pretty close but didn't see that. I must not be following somewhere I should be....