Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1811

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Watched the Money Shot show last night and thought it was really good. However I feel really fucking stupid thanks to it. I own this album as a CD. I bought it and threw it on my SD card for my car to listen to with all my other music. I've listened to this album so many times and know it inside and out...or so I thought. Smoke and Mirrors ends and I'm expecting Life of Brian to come on next but oh no it wasn't, it was a song I never even knew existed, Flippant. It took me all of 5 second to find out that this was an iTunes exclusive track for this album. I have no idea how I missed out on it but while I do feel dumb not knowing of its existence until now it's kind of cool at the same time to have a new track to listen to.

The show was pretty cool. I liked the new opening for Simultaneous. Grand Canyon is a great song and what they did with the lighting as the song progressed towards the end was awesome. On that same visual tip I liked how during Autumn they were projecting the wrestling ring on the screen behind them, it almost looked as if it was part of the stage and that it was really behind them. I also love how Puscifer uses so many different vocalists, it sounds so cool when they are all playing off each other. Looking forward to Conditions next, I really hope they do follow through and do this with all of their albums.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Watched the Money Shot show last night and thought it was really good. However I feel really fucking stupid thanks to it. I own this album as a CD. I bought it and threw it on my SD card for my car to listen to with all my other music. I've listened to this album so many times and know it inside and out...or so I thought. Smoke and Mirrors ends and I'm expecting Life of Brian to come on next but oh no it wasn't, it was a song I never even knew existed, Flippant. It took me all of 5 second to find out that this was an iTunes exclusive track for this album. I have no idea how I missed out on it but while I do feel dumb not knowing of its existence until now it's kind of cool at the same time to have a new track to listen to.

The show was pretty cool. I liked the new opening for Simultaneous. Grand Canyon is a great song and what they did with the lighting as the song progressed towards the end was awesome. On that same visual tip I liked how during Autumn they were projecting the wrestling ring on the screen behind them, it almost looked as if it was part of the stage and that it was really behind them. I also love how Puscifer uses so many different vocalists, it sounds so cool when they are all playing off each other. Looking forward to Conditions next, I really hope they do follow through and do this with all of their albums.
    Flippant always kinda felt like an unfinished track. The studio one has a much longer intro than the live version. Almost like Simultaneous does but without any sort of monologue. It has some vague echoey lyrics. One of them almost sounds like “You know he said ‘sorry’” and I’d love to know if that’s true because that just really would be a great lyric.

They did play the live version of Flippant on the MoneyShot tour, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Flippant always kinda felt like an unfinished track. The studio one has a much longer intro than the live version. Almost like Simultaneous does but without any sort of monologue. It has some vague echoey lyrics. One of them almost sounds like “You know he said ‘sorry’” and I’d love to know if that’s true because that just really would be a great lyric.

They did play the live version of Flippant on the MoneyShot tour, too.

This was my first time listening to the live version of Flippant, and I thought it sounded really neat, much more aggresive, and yes, the shorter intro improves the song. It turns it into a banger.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Loved this one way better than the ER stream. Flippant was a nice treat.

Does anyone happen to have a link TO the ER stream? I never ended up saving a copy.

Side note: this is probably my favorite line-up for the band.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could someone hit me up with a link? Would really appreciate it, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone has a DL link to Money $hot, I would greatly appreciate it! Ive loved both live streams so far...of course I would've loved to see them live once again but, you know, the Rona and all. Hope you're all healthy and safe/sane!
    Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That's a pretty good first post. I was goona say "Welcome!," but I just noticed that you've been a member for quite some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's a pretty good first post. I was goona say "Welcome!," but I just noticed that you've been a member for quite some time.
    Yeah I've been lurking here for years... Since the year Zero days.
    I really liked the Money $hot stream and wanted to share it with more people. I paid for both of the Puscifer live streams but I was slightly annoyed that there was no option to download and keep it. Its nice to rewatch things like this so I thought I'd record it and share it with you beautiful people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you! I was also disappointed that we couldn't "buy" this or at least download to watch it over and over and...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Great news. Looks like more are on the way. ““I think we’re really just enjoying this one, doing the filming and being able to introduce characters, and develop those characters more fully. We’re definitely gonna do the ‘Vagina‘ album and ‘Conditions Of My Parole‘ at some point, for sure, ‘cos we’re really enjoying this process.”

https://www.theprp.com/2021/04/27/ne...stream-events/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://www.kerrang.com/features/thi...of-whispering/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Maynard posted a really touching tribute to his wife, it's her birthday today and he revealed that she's going through breast cancer treatment: https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1425820252445634565

This guy had a rough year, twice infected with Covid, and now this. Check out his wine videos, it's amazing to see the passion he puts to this business (I used to brew beer at a commercial level, so I'm familiar with the effort behind a craft brewery, I'm sure the same applies to a winery.)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Maynard posted a really touching tribute to his wife, it's her birthday today and he revealed that she's going through breast cancer treatment: https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1425820252445634565

This guy had a rough year, twice infected with Covid, and now this. Check out his wine videos, it's amazing to see the passion he puts to this business (I used to brew beer at a commercial level, so I'm familiar with the effort behind a craft brewery, I'm sure the same applies to a winery.)
    Hope she makes a full recovery. So her name is Jen. Is that the same person he was referring to when he changed the name in Breńa live to “Lei-Li” or something like that?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 08-13-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    So her name is Jen. Is that the same person be was referring to when he changed the name in Breńa live to “Lei-Li” or something like that?
    It seems so. Searching twitter for that nickname Maynard put in a hashtag produces a few photos of her, going many years back, even though there's no actual profile with that name (or maybe it's private, I don't know how that works).
    Also, yesterday's blabbermouth report referred to her as Jennifer Lei Li Keenan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i thought lei-li was their daughter, i know in the song agostina he sings lei-li maria and i’m sure i’ve saw or read something about her before with that name attached, could be totally wrong and getting mixed up

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    i thought lei-li was their daughter, i know in the song agostina he sings lei-li maria and i’m sure i’ve saw or read something about her before with that name attached, could be totally wrong and getting mixed up
    I believe he’s posted that that’s her name.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    After some digging, Lei Li is both Maynard's daughter's name as well as his wife Jen's middle name. The Caduceus website refers to Jen as Lei Li, so she might even go by that instead of her first name. Being that Breńa was originally about his then-fiance (which was her middle name, who also happens to have a first name of Jen), I would assume changing the line to Lei Li would be referring to his now-wife Jen, then.

yeah, I'm beyond confused now.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-13-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    After some digging, Lei Li is both Maynard's daughter's name as well as his wife Jen's middle name. The Caduceus website refers to Jen as Lei Li, so she might even go by that instead of her first name. Being that Breńa was originally about his then-fiance (which was her middle name, who also happens to have a first name of Jen), I would assume changing the line to Lei Li would be referring to his now-wife Jen, then.

Two Jens in a row?! No wonder he called Mer De Noms what it is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

Jen is his wife, who sometimes goes by Lei Li. Agostina is his daughter who has the middle name Lei Li.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    Jen is his wife, who sometimes goes by Lei Li. Agostina is his daughter who has the middle name Lei Li.
    Every time I listen to Disillusioned I’m expecting “hello” after the “hey,” then I remembered the other day that that’s actually from Agostina. Such a pretty name.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    www.instagram.com/p/rCweIeqKBD/

He pretty clearly said his daughter's name is Lei Li Agostina Maria when she was born, but yeah there's definitely a lot of similar word play going on here lol. Lei Li and Agostina are both separate wine names from Caduceus as well; pretty sure I've got both of those cellared and should get into those at some point. The hubby and I have had a long standing tradition now of getting into a bottle of Judith every new year's.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Every time I listen to Disillusioned I’m expecting “hello” after the “hey,” then I remembered the other day that that’s actually from Agostina. Such a pretty name.
    Its a really great song!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    That is totally excellent. Except for the part about having to go to a store on Black Friday...

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Getting these is gonna be so damn difficult.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind that 7" but the Arcosanti live stream wasn't separated enough from the album versions of the songs to warrant that purchase for me. I'd rather have a blu-ray of the stream but.. beggars <> choosers.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-15-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I wouldn't mind that 7" but the live stream was separated enough from the album versions of the songs to warrant that purchase for me. I'd rather have a blu-ray of the stream but.. beggars <> choosers.
    same. that livestream was pretty great! wasn't sad I skipped the Arcosanti livestream, ER is a pretty weak album IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    MJK's dog Miho died. In his Instagram post about it, MJK says Singularity off E.R. was written for Miho (almost lost Miho in 2019). Also the post references lots of appearances by Miho in various albums, including "E.R. ReWire." So, I'm assuming that's a remix album.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUvVhI4...dium=copy_link

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is pretty exciting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVTJfmYD...dium=copy_link