Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    But I agree that it's not so hard to add a 'puscifer.com' to the video details.
    Yarp.

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Pretty much this.

I don't know how you and the other Hotline staff have managed to keep up all the amazing work that goes into what y'all do, because it was disheartening enough for me to stop working on Wikipedia after seeing the extent to which my work was pilfered/ignored. I guess if you're doing something innately creative, like Maynard is, then that's also something you may feel compelled to keep doing as a form of expression whether you earn a living from it or not. But for me, I had to constantly justify myself by finding other reasons for doing that much work with no compensation ("it was a tremendous learning experience figuring out how to do research in that much depth/the knowledge base out there is now of a higher calibre for it/NIN was on the front page of Wikipedia for one day/etc").
    I like contributing to a community that I enjoy and that's all that matters to me, so I don't mind it if a fan does it, but I feel it's a bit different if a company/business/etc., does it. Then it's just unprofessional.

I do a lot of concert photography. It's all amateur/unpaid and for fans only for the most part. It's a hobby of mine. I enjoy receiving letters back from fans that are thankful for my pictures because they could not attend a show and they feel my pictures capture the concert going experience. That is fulfilling to me. But it is a bit disappointing to see my pictures chopped up, badly edited and floating around uncredited on the internet, especially that goddamn tumblr. I don't mind people using my stuff and I'm pretty open to it being borrowed. I just don't want it altered. But I rarely confront the individual about it, I'll just post a general notice that some credit would be nice. But when it's a major blog, news site, etc. using my work, I make damn sure there's a credit underneath that photo. But the majority of people that use my photos do credit/ask/etc., so I try not to let a few bad incidents spoil everything. But then again, I'm not getting paid, so maybe it just doesn't bother me as much.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    it's a bit different if a company/business/etc., does it. Then it's just unprofessional.
    That's what would shit me. When these 'professional' publications made money off the work I did on my own time and offered up for free, and then wouldn't even bother to contact me, mention me, link back to me. Never mind pay me. I used to get pretty angry about it. But, like you Jessica, I do it because I enjoy it. I don't do this stuff for recognition, and it certainly doesn't keep the lights on - except in that what I learned making these sites has given me a fortunate career path.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have 2 extra tickets to the 3-17 show in Riverside Ca. Left Orch row O on the aisle. This is a small venue. Actually a historic movie theater that was recently restored. Please pm if interested I want face value, but would also consider serious offers.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I really want to see the rest of this live, proshot footage. The live, alt versions of many of their songs are fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I really want to see the rest of this live, proshot footage. The live, alt versions of many of their songs are fucking awesome.

Is that from Blood Into Wine?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Is that from Blood Into Wine?
    Yep, it's one of the special features.

You can also stream it here, along with the hilarious Tim And Eric interview.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Full (sideways) video of Maynard giving that speech. Some nice sentiments.

Also, I'm stealing Hazekiah's patented 'centering comments with a big font' technique.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How hard is it to turn the fuckin camera picture right side up? Good video.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    How hard is it to turn the fuckin camera picture right side up? Good video.
    You must be confused. Maynard was actually standing on the wall. It's his new 'thing'.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm watching Kimmel as I type and it fucking kills. Such an explosive sound and good performance. Very fitting for their first televised outing. They played Telling Ghosts (fuck yes, one of my fave Conditions tracks) and it was a flawless performance. The second song was Toma (huge surprise) but it was cut off shortly before the first chorus but it will be on Kimmel's site as per usual.

They didn't play on the big outside stage as APC did in 2010 but that didn't matter. They didn't change a thing from their normal shows, both him and Carina were behind the screens. But anyways, great performance and good exposure. I'm sure an actual fanbase outside of APC and Tool fans is slim and very unheard of.

I missed them this month when they came to perform in Charlotte but after seeing this (and even more solidifying my opinions) I really need to see them live sometime.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-17-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very fitting for their first televised outing.
    Actually, their first televised performance was Conditions of My Parole on Letterman at Halloween.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeOhDeeWhy View Post
    Actually, their first televised performance was Conditions of My Parole on Letterman at Halloween.
    Shit, I forgot about that. I didn't watch that so it slipped my mind.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-17-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Shit, I forgot sbout that. I didn't watch that so it slipped my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i know its not, but the drummer in the montage video looks like vrenna...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone find the full version of Toma from JKL yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Telling Ghosts" and "Toma" on Jimmy Kimmel Live is now up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    "Telling Ghosts" and "Toma" on Jimmy Kimmel Live is now up.

Pretty good performance. Carina's voice compliments the music so well.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    anyone find the full version of Toma from JKL yet?

So glad they did this - it's been one of my favorites off the new album since the day I got it. Now, let's get Green Valley and we'll be in business.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Both performances make me crack up because Carina and Maynard look like characters from Goldeneye on N64 when you got the "Big Head" cheat...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    DK mode! Haha I thought the same thing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    they look like magnified midgets

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    In all seriousness, is there anything ultra special that is at the VIP only merch booth that you cant get on the Puscifer site???

And any input of what is being sold at the merch table would be awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hello,

Saw the opening night of the spring tour here in Austin! It was a great show! Here's the setlist:

1. Green Valley
    2. Tiny Monsters
    3. Vagina Mine
    4. Dozo
    5. Toma
    6. The Rapture
    7. The Weaver
    8. Rev 22:20 (Dry Martini Mix-sounding version)
    9. Potions
    10. Momma Sed (kinda like version on C Is For...)
    11. Oceans
    12. Monsoons
    13. Horizons
    14. Conditions of My Parole
    15. Man Overboard
    16. Telling Ghosts
    17. The Undertaker
    "Retirement Home Encore" - everybody sitting in folding chairs, drinking wine, singing.
    18. Tumbleweeds

Merch was pretty expensive! $35 t-shirts, $65 hoodies and jackets, $30 CD bundle, NO Puscifer VINYL, but Carina Round vinyl for $25. $20 unsigned poster (poster, not litho), $100 for the same poster signed. Some stickers and buttons for $5.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I assume you don't know if Carina played the same set as she did on the last leg right? Also do you know what vinyl was for sale? Was it the First Blood Mystery reissue?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I assume you don't know if Carina played the same set as she did on the last leg right? Also do you know what vinyl was for sale? Was it the First Blood Mystery reissue?
    No, I'm not sure if it was the same. She claimed it was all material from her forthcoming album available for Preordering starting March 1. The vinyl I'm sketchy on too, but judging by the covers i see on Wikipedia. I think it was First Blood Mystery.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks. She played new songs last tour but I was just curious if it was the same new songs. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Merch was pretty expensive! $35 t-shirts, $65 hoodies and jackets, $30 CD bundle, NO Puscifer VINYL, but Carina Round vinyl for $25. $20 unsigned poster (poster, not litho), $100 for the same poster signed. Some stickers and buttons for $5.
    Ok, now are they shirts and hoodies that are available on Puscifer.com or stuff you can't get online?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Ok, now are they shirts and hoodies that are available on Puscifer.com or stuff you can't get online?
    Hm, let's see...

These were at the show & on the .com: Men's Sateen Bomber Jacket, Redneck, Seal, & Ninja Men's shirts, Ladies' Ballerina shirt

The things I saw at show I'm not seeing on the website are: black puscifer logo hoodie, purple women's hoodie, a grey shirt with the Conditions album cover art on the front, and some neoprene carrying case of some sort.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    http://www.mtvhive.com/playlists/2E6...usic.com:96623

Section 18.

He talks a bit about TR and Tapeworm.

Also, does anyone else think the host is acting like a huge crackhead?