Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1827

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I think that’s a bit of the problem- it sounds and looks like a bunch of music videos stringed together, in that old school live scene bands used to do. NIN’s Beside You In Time wouldve sucked had they done something similar (I know, different times and situations and what not, etc.)

That said I’m not trying to poop on anyone’s parade. If the fans like it it’s all good. Maynard should stop dancing like a dork though lol.

EDIT: the stage looks pretty good too. Nice job on them with the production.
    Maynard morphing from super serious live Sober Lollapalooza video guy to dorky uncle is one of the best things to see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think that’s a bit of the problem- it sounds and looks like a bunch of music videos stringed together, in that old school live scene bands used to do. NIN’s Beside You In Time wouldve sucked had they done something similar (I know, different times and situations and what not, etc.)

That said I’m not trying to poop on anyone’s parade. If the fans like it it’s all good. Maynard should stop dancing like a dork though lol.

EDIT: the stage looks pretty good too. Nice job on them with the production.
    I totally respect your opinion and I can see how you might be frustrated if you were hoping for and expecting a more truly live performance. But since you brought up NIN, it reminded me a lot of NIN's "Live at rehearsals" video for The Lovers, which IMO is better than all of the traditional NIN music videos of the past 15 years, except maybe Survivalism.

Also, in response to some comments made by others earlier in the thread, I thought Money Shot was a mature album with very minimal goofy/comedy shit in it. In fact, I still consider it their best album, though so far, I think Existential Reckoning is pretty much on par with Money Shot, which I consider to be a compliment. Conditions of My Parole is the one I listen to the least, which is interesting because there seems to be a lot of love for it around here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maynard should stop dancing like a dork though lol.
    Hell no. He should be doing it more.

Also, after rewatching the Arcosanti performance again, there's so much they performed differently, I'm not sure why anyone would still be on the fence about it being the album audio. Just a few differences off the top of my head: Maynard's singing on Apocalyptical, Carina's chanting on Personal Prometheus is way more out front in the live mix, the bass intro to A Singularity is actual, raw bass guitar instead of either a bassy synth or guitar with an effect on top like the album version, and some synth pieces are way higher in the live mix throughout the entire set. Some sounds are way more apparent in the live mix that I didn't even hear them on my first listens through the album, and thought they were additions to the live versions. It's definitely a live recording that was post-mixed incredibly well in a studio.

As far as the actual event, it did feel like the visual aspect/cinematography got a bit "samey" after the dancing and walking around of Apocalyptical. Although, I think I still like this more than if it had been something like BYIT. What they did seemed to compliment the album pretty well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I loved seeing that they had a Waldorf Quantum and 2 Iridiums in their live setup. In my opinion that is the best Digital synth of all time. It holds it's own against analog gear too. Anyone else have one?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Halfway through the album and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've always been a Puscifer fan, but this release takes them to a whole new level. Their most fully-realized effort yet.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I like the positive final lyric to Bedlamite.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Clear vinyl copy is up on Amoeba's site for pre-order. My guess is it's an indie release variant. (they also have the black version up as well)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The only think that sounded not-live to me were Maynard’s vocals on Fake Affront. And, if they did do some work on them, it could stand to reason that his recovering from Covid may have played a role in that. It would be understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This album is just so fucking good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just pre-ordered this:

Clear...Gold?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I just pre-ordered this:

Clear...Gold?
    Strange. I thought that was sold out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I mean...not according to my receipt? Guess I'll find out in a month or so.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's the copper one. The copper one is translucent. The gold one is opaque.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    After living with this thing for a week, I think this might end up being my favorite Puscifer release. 'V' feels like it's own thing, but I have a soft spot for that album. 'Conditions' is the other one competing for top spot; it's really easy for me to listen to that one front to back. 'Money Shot' wasn't quite as strong for me; I like a lot of the songs but I haven't played half the album very much.

ER is a very solid record. A lot of the time Puscifer stuff has a kind of demo-like unfinished quality to it, but I think this is the most 'full' and 'finished' a Puscifer release has sounded. The music behind the vocalists isn't mind-melting, but there are some really neat bass/synth parts throughout, and I feel like I've heard some new sounds each time I've listened. Maynard's voice is on point, and Carina really shines for me on this album. She sounds like a fully integrated band member that they're using correctly...on 'Money Shot' she felt like Maynard's backup singer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Maynard's voice is on point, and Carina really shines for me on this album. She sounds like a fully integrated band member that they're using correctly...on 'Money Shot' she felt like Maynard's backup singer.
    I miss Milla Jovovich and Juliette Commagere in the live setting and such sometimes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really want to take a Bullet Train to Iowa. Totally love that song.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Out of curiosity does anyone have some sort of... Audio version of a recent performance?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Out of curiosity does anyone have some sort of... Audio version of a recent performance?

It's mp3 and not cut into tracks but I have it...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    It's mp3 and not cut into tracks but I have it...
    That would be dope

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool interview with the person in charge of lighting for the Arcosanti show (it was posted on reddit).
    https://www.livedesignonline.com/con...e-at-arcosanti

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Cool interview with the person in charge of lighting for the Arcosanti show (it was posted on reddit).
    https://www.livedesignonline.com/con...e-at-arcosanti

I'm sure that's an enlightening discussion, but why can't media sites take the time to transcribe articles? Or at least put captioning on it. Video interviews and work don't mix.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm sure that's an enlightening discussion, but why can't media sites take the time to transcribe articles? Or at least put captioning on it. Video interviews and work don't mix.
    We live in a time where most people don't bother with articles or interviews unless they're in video form, so the cost/benefit for a site to spend time transcribing a video to text is definitely not worth it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    We live in a time where most people don't bother with articles or interviews unless they're in video form, so the cost/benefit for a site to spend time transcribing a video to text is definitely not worth it.
    Yeah, reading is definitely a skill that's becoming more and more extinct. It's upsetting.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    There are auto-transcribers that do pretty well, especially when you add minor human corrections to the things they don't catch — it's not that much extra expense or work. But I assume LDI's readership (largely technical design people, who spend lots of time staring at screens) just doesn't demand it.

Good interview, though. I hope they paid their crew well for that amount of schlep over three days and nights of shooting!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, reading is definitely a skill that's becoming more and more extinct. It's upsetting.
    So is editing & proofreading. I'm amazed at how many articles I read that are loaded with typos and spelling, punctuation, and/or grammar errors. And they're written by professional, adult writers and journalists – it's their job, they're supposed to be the experts!
    Thus concludes this edition of "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    So is editing & proofreading. I'm amazed at how many articles I read that are loaded with typos and spelling, punctuation, and/or grammar errors. And they're written by professional, adult writers and journalists – it's their job, they're supposed to be the experts!
    Thus concludes this edition of "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?"
    That grinds my exact gears.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got this today. Record Store Day Black Friday.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My semi-local FYE had the copper variant in stock. I grabbed one since I wasn't feeling black.

I'll sell my sealed pre-ordered black variant copy straight from the Puscifer Existential Reckoning Store for face value. We'll talk shipping costs. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-12-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got my clear vinyl yesterday, looks cooler than I anticipated. Love the overall package and presentation of this one as well.