Thread: 2018.12.01 Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.12.01 Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Las Vegas #6/66

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow what a set list. Wow. Not mine -

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 12-02-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So much intensity tonight! Not a single new song and all of Broken except Last and out of order. That was easily the best performance of Wish I've ever seen.

Was wearing my ETS shirt and the guy I was randomly next to struck up a conversation about it. Jeff, if you're lurking and reading this right now, it was great meeting you and swapping NIN stories!

Hell of a weekend. I really hope these nights got recorded!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What a fuckin' show!

best show I have ever seen!

what a difference between last night and tonight. Not a single song passed 1997!

this show went by soooooo fast!
    not a single dull moment! Not a dull moment at all!

i can die happy now. Amazing show!

I'm going to say it now... last night was the worst NIN show I have ever seen out of 23 and tonight was the best!
    best show ever. Well done Trent! Thank you!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-02-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So amazing. Suck and physical!!!! reptile my most beloved!!! Dead Souls!! ERASER!! Which I sneek recorded after being told no more video but c'mon.....ERASER!

Trent acknowledged the Dick and the brohaha about Ted Cruz so hopefully life can move on for all of us. :-D

Thamks to all the coool ETSers I met. You know who you are!

See y'alls in El Aye.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fuck yes.

This one beat Brooklyn 2 for me, which I didn't think was possible any time soon.

This was also the last one for me. What an incredible run. I couldn't have asked for a better ending to my shows this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yep, that setlist was worth the trip! I rarely get teary at concerts but The Perfect Drug got me going. The world can end anytime now and I'd be totally okay with that. I was further back tonight, realizing now how much more intense being close to the rail makes the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just seen NIN in 1997 guys, holy shit!!!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So glad I recorded tonight's show! What a hell of a setlist and we almost got Broken in its entirety!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kinda bummed that they didn't play AATCHB, which was really what made me spring for the cross country flight for tickets. However, I really can't be disappointed after tonight's set. Highlight for me was definitely A Warm Place, which was completely unexpected since I don't believe they played it often on this tour and while going into Somewhat Damaged on Tension was great....going into Eraser is how it's meant to be played. The only song on the entire set that I'm "meh" on was Sanctified.

Also, my money is on them playing TDS in full at one of the LA shows. I think they've played all of them at some point on this tour and they played them in order tonight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This show was so. fucking. good!!! So happy I trekked down to Vegas to catch these. I was itching for some live NIN again, and this show was the perfect way to fill that craving!!

Finally chatted with a few ETS-ers after being a lurker for was feels like decades. @halo33 (is there a way to tag someone on Tapatalk?), I was the bearded Canadian dude you chatted with a few times, and had a beer at the bar on night 1 when we met Ilan. Shoot me a DM if you end up performing in Calgary! Would check it out!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit. What a set list and what a pit... .

I was planning to go rehydrate during a quiet song. That didn't happen.

So glad security weren't being assholes this time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I feel like the thing about playing breakdowns from Please and the Only Time during Sanctified and Closer is that I would really like to actually hear Please and the Only Time, which are two of my favorites

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Last night, I saw NIN perform in 2018. Tonight, I saw NIN perform like it was 1998!

This was an amazing night & I’m guessing a lot of balls were punched-off at some point during the show.

I’ll have to add something more coherent once I’ve landed back home. Regardless, it was wild to see so many ets folks in person. TR should really consider a bi-annual NIN convention/residency so we can all rock out together more often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was a completely different experience from last night. Both brilliant and unique in their own way. But fuck, my face is melted. This band,this tour, is on fire.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What an amazing fucking setlist. I have to say, I think my 10th show was the best one I've seen thus far.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Was that a camera sticking up 10-15 ft dead center stage above the mixing board last night?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    This show was so. fucking. good!!! So happy I trekked down to Vegas to catch these. I was itching for some live NIN again, and this show was the perfect way to fill that craving!!

Finally chatted with a few ETS-ers after being a lurker for was feels like decades. @halo33 (is there a way to tag someone on Tapatalk?), I was the bearded Canadian dude you chatted with a few times, and had a beer at the bar on night 1 when we met Ilan. Shoot me a DM if you end up performing in Calgary! Would check it out!
    Absolutely pleasure to meet and hang with you. Was a really great weekend for meeting a lot of good eggs. Really, great family.

#ninlaws

(And yes I’ll def keep ya posted!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Great sets both nights, met up with some folks I met at the Chicago dates, met some awesome people and had a great time. Thank you all so much. This community is amazing!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

A post shared by on

My favorite show yet! The energy and setlist were out of control!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m going to go ahead and say that was #1 out of 25 shows. My whole body hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Lookie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best fucking NIN show I have ever seen! I got teary during TPD as I never thought I'd see it live and I actually cried during HIS because I've been waiting to see that song live since 1994, hah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Setlist was amazing and the band just sounds so damn good...The Wave Goodbye setlists were great, but the band just didn't feel as aggressive and vital as they do today. NIN in 2018 is "heavier" than they have been in a long time (imo).

I saw both nights in Vegas, both great shows but the setlist for night two was just amazing. The only downside to the show was that I suffered through the opening act and JAMC (who I don't like and have now seen 4 times on this tour) to secure a spot behind the ADA section where everyone was supposed to stay seated. A woman who was 6 feet tall in flats at a minimum, was wearing 6 inch heels and the ADA section was on a 6 inch riser, so she was literally 7+ feet tall...she stood most of the show and her "dance" move was to raise her arms as high over head as she could and gyrate "seductively..." So, essentially, arms raised she is a solid 8 or 9 feet of obstruction. Security actually made some other people sit down but inexplicably ignored her. It was hard work not letting that distraction take me out of the show.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I forgot until just a few moments ago that yesterday morning while eating at Mr. Lucky's a guy from a table of four a few over from us came up to my wife and me and asked if we went to the Saturday show (I was wearing my NIN hat).
    "Yeah! It was awesome!"
    "Did they play Closer?"
    "Yeah."
    "FUCK."
    "They also played The Perfect Drug and no song newer than 1997."
    "We already saw the Perfect Drug. [to someone at the table] HEY. THEY PLAYED CLOSER."

And everyone else at the table got bummed as well.

Baffling.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Got home from Vegas tonight. Had a great tourist-y weekend as soon as this show ended. Tritonal at Marquee, lost $100 on roulette, got my foodie on all over the Cosmopolitan & at Lotus of Siam, Penn & Teller, Voodoo rooftop lounge, Twilight Zone mini-golf thanks to this board & a little excursion out to Red Rocks Canyon. I'll post more vids tomorrow, but here's the encore (sans Hurt bv why bother with a Hurt video in 2018) from above on the side GA:

Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-04-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sample of whats to come !!! - https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/vegasn2sample

Night 2 was pure Fire Happy to say the recordings sound insane!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Sample of whats to come !!! - https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/vegasn2sample

That sounds great! I was hoping there would be some decent audio from these shows, it's always special to have audio from the shows you attended! Will you post them here or Reflecting in the Chrome?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post

Is it possible to get a clip of Trent talking and acknowledging the dick shirts? I'd love to get it to my friend who made them.