Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The Transmetropolitan collection alone was worth getting your hands dirty ...maybe the guy was a terrorist? Punisher, Deadpool and some old Atari games? i can see him blowing up a building :P
    He's actually a little creepy, for the first month we lived here I though that he is deaf/mute (for real), but it turns out he's just not into saying hi back to you when you share the elevator...
    He does have good taste in music/comics, I got a bunch of Tom Waits and soundtrack CDs out of the trash too.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    He's actually a little creepy, for the first month we lived here I though that he is deaf/mute (for real), but it turns out he's just not into saying hi back to you when you share the elevator...
    He does have good taste in music/comics, I got a bunch of Tom Waits and soundtrack CDs out of the trash too.
    I was only joking, but i guess anything's possible!

Of course he wouldn't say "hi" in the elevator if he's a Tom Waits fan, lol!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-read the Infinity Gauntlet (trade) this evening.

I still like the story... I hadn't read it since the single issues were released. Interesting to see the differences in the MCU story and the comic, but if a couple of scenes from the book make it into the movie, that'd be alright.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Unrelated... are any of you checking out the Dorkly series "Canon City"? (on YouTube or elsewhere... panel show discussing various comic storylines)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Read that "X-Men: Days of Future Past" trade last night... I like it as a whole but if you were just looking for, say, a tie-in to the movie, you might get a bit bored. Still, I did like as an overall book, the stories work together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone else subscribed to DC UNIVERSE? They just added 20,000+ comics and I'm simultaneously overwhelmed and drooling.

So much here I've been putting off reading for years: DK III, Flashpoint, All-Star Batman / Superman, Snyder & Capullo's Batman, Dark Knights: Metal, Doomsday Clock – not to mention a shitload of New 52 (especially excited for Azzarello and Chiang's Wonder Woman) and Rebirth.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Took a decent chunk out of the Amazing Spider-Man MacFarlane titles today at a local shop.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    On Comic Book day last weekend, I took my beloved out shopping and we grabbed the first two American Gods graphic novels and a couple of the Gambit trades as well. Now we just need to wait for part three of American Gods to come out, probably next year if the pattern holds up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-read Wolverine #50 (from 1991) tonight... I think maybe I needed more issues surrounding it to really appreciate it but it wasn't bad. Still a cool cover.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's a fun romp, but if you haven't already you should check out Barry Windsor-Smith's 'Weapon X' - as a continuation of that story I always felt that #50 came up a little short.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Book One was pretty solid!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wait...is that mask of the phantasm!?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It is indeed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa. DC is officially shutting down its 'Vertigo' imprint after 25 years.

Titles that lean a bit on the more family-oriented side will remain in the main DC line, with the more adult-oriented titles moving to their new ongoing Black Label imprint. No big deal for you and I however, as Black Label is already cranking out amazing new titles and nothing's really going away...just pretty crazy news.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Anyone have any experience with MyComicsShop? I'm thinking about using them to pick-up more of those MacFarlane comics I'm after...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so I've decided to get back into X-Men books. this idea started a couple days ago, and I've been binge watching videos on youtube the past 2 days. X-Men were always my favorite. I stopped collecting during Age of Apocalypse, so it's been a while. besides that, I had a few volumes of Essential X-Men a few years later.

everything is gone now, so I'll be starting fresh. however, with the House of X/Powers of X thing starting this month, it appears I've come back to the books at the perfect time! I'm really excited, and there's a lot of hype going into those books. I can't wait. I have a local comic store literally down the block from me, so I'll be there to pick the issues up at the end of the month. I plan to get some Omnibuses/TPB/HC stuff too, eventually, to fill in the blanks of what I missed through the years. My gf was a big fan of X-Men Evolution, I never watched it, but I'll pick up those DVDs so we can watch it together. Then, the og cartoon from the early 90's!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Anyone have any experience with MyComicsShop?
    I use them to buy back issues or anything I'm missing. I've never had a problem and they pack the comics very well. Also sign up for the newsletter to get deals and discounts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Fans of both comics and NIN might be interested in this kickstarter for the third volume in a series of anthologies of stories inspired by NIN. Less than 36 hours left and $200 left to go.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Super in to Something Is Killing The Children. Great new horror title, written by James Tynion IV (the new main Batman writer).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Still on my old McFarlane issues kick... should be picking up more this up-coming week as well.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-19-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I read issues 1-7 of Spider-Man...

That Torment story of the first 5 issues is a bit of a weird way to start a series, isn't it? The Hobgoblin+Ghost Rider arc was better but I had definitely forgotten how messed up that version of Hobgoblin was. Still love that issues 6 cover.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That Torment story of the first 5 issues is a bit of a weird way to start a series, isn't it? The Hobgoblin+Ghost Rider arc was better but I had definitely forgotten how messed up that version of Hobgoblin was. Still love that issues 6 cover.
    Well, the art it's off the charts, that's for sure... but i think it's safe to say Mcfarlane was not much of a writer, he got better with "SPAWN", but i think writing is not his forte.
    The only stories i like from his run are "Perceptions" and the crossover with X-Force (and even those are no "Watchmen", lol)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, the art it's off the charts, that's for sure...
    I almost feel like he was trying to tell too much of the story through the art and not enough with the words...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I almost feel like he was trying to tell too much of the story through the art and not enough with the words...
    yeah, Marvel basically gave the "Spiderman" title to Todd, because he wanted to have more say in the storylines and wanted him to stay on the company bacause his increasing popularity, but i think Todd proved he is no writer, i think he is more of a plotter, he has good ideas for characters, but he is no writer.

And i'm not trying to bring him down, that era holds a special place in my heart, but i also have to see this objectively.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

They didn't actually have any plain white boxes...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just another bump... I'm still looking to pick up a bunch of older McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man/Spider-Man/Spawn issues... if anyone here is looking to sell some, DM me and we can sort it out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Anyone here an "Age of Apocalypse" fan with an opinion on reading order (post main series mostly but there are some outliers I'm curious about)?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The most recent Omnibus is the one that has the best reading order:

Since it also compiles the tie ins, i think it better to read the first numbers as the series progresses .
    Afterward there some crossovers called "Ages of Apocalypse", that is part of "The Twelve" saga, but i didn't care much for those...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Since it also compiles the tie ins, i think it better to read the first numbers as the series progresses .
    Afterward there some crossovers called "Ages of Apocalypse", that is part of "The Twelve" saga, but i didn't care much for those...
    Checking the individual issues listed for that release (from the Amazon page), it's a pretty good list... but missing some issues that I'd consider part of the list (like, Blink 1-4)

I compiled it using this and this (getting me up to 121 issues and I've collected about 100 of them so far).
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-06-2020 at 07:46 PM.