Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Two more of those McFarlane Incredible Hulks arrived today... just 3 more to go of those.

I've decided I want the '88 UK Death's Head series now too...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

that sounds interesting, I should check out my one and only comic shop and see if they got any.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

that sounds interesting, I should check out my one and only comic shop and see if they got any.
    First issue isn’t out until July 21, but still worth talking to your shop to see if they can reserve a copy for you.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    it's not out for another month and a half?!

damn you Ryan!

but thank you, that will make it easier to find a copy I hope.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Started reading Planetary while waiting at hospital and I'm through the first two books. It seems disjointed at times and also that there's a bigger story coming. I guess the one bad thing of long-form comic books is that it's harder to seed ideas in the art because the artist changes so that even if something was hidden in the background of one of the books then it's impossible to know that it was important because your eye is focused on the words. Easier to do that in a moving picture like a tv show because you can look around while you listen.

The book with Superman/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern was weird. It was a lot like the rest: here's a microcosm of a story that doesn't have a beginning or end, just a middle and then it's over.