Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I guess when the universe is dead, you don't need to saddle pseudo-Avengers teams with pseudo-Avengers names. Definitely not the same. But I'll read it anyway.

I'm liking what the universe is going to look like post-Secret Wars, so far.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Can we talk about the cover for Spider-Woman #1? WTF?!?!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    What a desperate idea, i don't get it, but i guess i'm not the "target audience".

And to think people got angry because the Milo Manara covers, i guess this one will be praised to death....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Oh my fucking god, I didn't see the cover for the new relaunch when it was announced. Holy shit.

What could possibly lead to pregnant Jess?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Well, with this cover, Marvel has been able to reach the one target demographic that has alluded them: pregnant women.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Here's a list of 45 All-New, All-Different titles launching after Secret Wars:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/29/marv...ferent-series/

Lots of Spider books, including books for Peter and Miles separately (I thought Miles was THE Spider-Man, Marvel...?), Silk is apparently evil for some reason, New Avengers is a real Avengers book and not the Illuminati bullshit, Marguerite Bennett now has full control over Angela, X-Titles all have separate writers, and CM PUNK is writing a Drax solo book. Definitely picking that one up.

Still optimistic. We'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    @Final Destiny you should see my recent con commissions: https://instagram.com/p/3nC9ciICy0/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Most titles look "meh", i'm happy that Slott is still on Spiderman, but the new costume looks terrible...
    I'll avoid any title with Bendis involved, good thing he's writing his own spiderman, i could care less for this one.
    "All new-all different Avengers" sounds interesting because of Mark Waid, but i had enough of the Avengers, and i'll be picking up "Drax" because of Punk.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Polygon has preview covers for each title here. http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/1/8877...ll-start-after

As a side-note, I'm so god damn tired of Deadpool. If he shows up in any of the titles I'm reading I swear I'll drop them. Fuck Deadpool.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I got no problem with Deadpool, but i agree he needs to stay in his own title, i don't want him as an X-Men, X-Force, Avenger or whatever, still with the movie very near, i bet they'll end up throwing him in a crossover or two...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Polygon has preview covers for each title here. http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/1/8877...ll-start-after

As a side-note, I'm so god damn tired of Deadpool. If he shows up in any of the titles I'm reading I swear I'll drop them. Fuck Deadpool.
    That Angela cover! Pretty interesting angle considering how Asgard's Assassin ended.

Also, here's hoping Hawkeye #22 comes out before they reboot Lemire's Hawkeye.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Here's hoping Hawkeye 22 comes out literally ever, tbh. I have, like, negative hype for this fucking comic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    At long last, Hawkeye #22 comes out today!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So I've read 1st issue of Outcast by Robert Kirkman and it's pretty great so far. Love the art design, the atmosphere is very gloomy and uneasy. I'm hooked and really interested on how will the story unfold. So far it seems a little bit like a lot more grounded version of Constantine I guess. Really looking forward to the TV show now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    This week's Wicked + Divine was a little too real.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    lately I've been collecting the Dark Horse reprints of the EC Archives collection. I now have all of the volumes from Tales from the Crypt, and 3 of the Vault of Horrors. They're about to start repressing the Haunt of Fear as well, which is awesome. It's been forever since these comics have been easy to get.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Unexpectedly crying over the last issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone reading Saga?

I think its pretty epic, any fans.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yep, it's amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hangin out for Vol 6.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Saga is awesome, best comic i've read in a while along with "Locke & Key"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah its great, funny too.

Haven't read Locke and Key, whats it like?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicada View Post

Haven't read Locke and Key, whats it like?
    Well, basically it's a horror comic but it's so much more than that, the comic deals with personal relationships, family, the supernatural and the human nature all in a plot about a house (called "keyhouse) filled with magical keys with different powers.
    I guess you have to read it, the story is really good and Gabriel Rodríguez's art is top of the line, it's truly one of the best comics in the last 10 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I guess you have to read it,
    Cool, thx, will def check it out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Would anyone be interested in having an online garage sale for back issues? I've amassed quite the number of single issues and I'd rather pass them off here first.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Would anyone be interested in having an online garage sale for back issues? I've amassed quite the number of single issues and I'd rather pass them off here first.
    I been selling some of my collection lately because i'm moving and my space is getting more limited but i didn't think to offer it here because the shipping costs and the fact that i got some comics in spanish that i assumed you guys wouldn't be interested, but i like the idea, as i said i'm more interested on selling, but i'm also buying some select stuff that i consider interesting.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm genuinely surprised that Secret Wars 7 is coming out tomorrow. 6 didn't come out too long ago.

We're still so far away from the end of it, though. And where the hell is Ultimate End 5? Does it tie into the end of Secret Wars? Man.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that Secret Wars 7 is coming out tomorrow. 6 didn't come out too long ago.

We're still so far away from the end of it, though. And where the hell is Ultimate End 5? Does it tie into the end of Secret Wars? Man.
    Since they expanded to 9 issues i guess they rushed the release; it's ridiculous: the crossover is still going with many tie ins without conclusion, yet they are already launching some "All new, all different" titles, i hate when they do that.
    I know i sound so cliche but it's a sure thing i'm dropping Marvel when SW is done, i'm not even buying Amazing Spider Man (that is a title i've always followed in my lifetime...)