Thread: Comics!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Holy shit, that t Shirt is sick! @october_midnight !

J.O'Barr had to be one of the coolest nicest guys i've ever met at a convention, we talked about Joy Division, NIN and the soundtrack! he even gave me some free prints! awesome guy!
    Oh man, I'm jealous. All of my signed stuff was either purchased online or at a con, I've ever met O'Barr... even worse, he had a quasi-official site back in the day at: https://jamesobarr.typepad.com/ that you can see hasn't been updated in like 7 years. His buddy ran it for him...gave updates, appearances, but also where you could request and pay for commissions and he'd do them and mail them to you. I had the coolest idea for a Crow piece, so I described it in an email but the reply I got was along the lines of 'hate to tell you, but you're officially the first to hear this...James won't be doing commissions anymore via the site, only at appearances.' Dammit!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh man, I'm jealous. All of my signed stuff was either purchased online or at a con, I've ever met O'Barr... even worse, he had a quasi-official site back in the day at: https://jamesobarr.typepad.com/ that you can see hasn't been updated in like 7 years. His buddy ran it for him...gave updates, appearances, but also where you could request and pay for commissions and he'd do them and mail them to you. I had the coolest idea for a Crow piece, so I described it in an email but the reply I got was along the lines of 'hate to tell you, but you're officially the first to hear this...James won't be doing commissions anymore via the site, only at appearances.' Dammit!!
    Bummer, i would love a commision, but i don't believe he was making them that time...

I was nervous to meet him; i thought the guy was super "gloomy" and serious... nothing further from the truth! dude saw my "Unknown Pleasures" T-Shirt and right away said "nice shirt!", right away we broke the ice.
    He was super nice with me and my GF we spoke about The Crow soundtrack and told that Peter Hook once called him to thank him for introducing Joy Division in America.
    I bought a print that is the inside art from the Crow comic he signed it along with my Crow TPB and then he talked about an "upcoming" project he had called "Sundown" (to my knowledge he hasn't released it...), he showed me original art of it and some prints, he told me "you can have one of those", i was mindblown!

So cool because i got to talk to him for easily 20 minutes (i arrived very early and he had no people in his booth), it was easily one of the beast experiences of my life, my GF even had to wait for me to compose myself! Not trying to sound presumptuous, i think its worth sharing!