Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ...and a friendly reminder that American Gods Volume 3: The Moment of the Storm is now available. Gorgeous art.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Boght the Paper Girls series and can't wait to get into that. First I've got to finish The Incal, though. AND I've also got a Mister X compendium waiting for me. Plus eying those Hellboy compendiums.

Oh well...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    ...and a friendly reminder that American Gods Volume 3: The Moment of the Storm is now available. Gorgeous art.
    With no access to the library and the actual books I keep forgetting about this! I should just go ahead and order the damn things.

comics thought I read today:
    I also have this theory that Popeye didn’t like spinach. I believe that he was a Hulk, and that eating canned spinach was the fastest way to make himself angry.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The Batman DC Rebirth hardcover deluxe editions are on sale through Amazon so just starting into Book 2. Admittedly through the insane amount of Bat-comics I buy on a monthly basis...before this I haven't begun the actual main Batman storyline! It's up to something like issue 95 now so I've got a ton of catching up to do.

Oh and next week, the one-shot from Lemire and Sorrentino (of Gideon Falls fame) have their one-shot Batman: Smile Killer dropping, and I can't wait.

thanks for the tip, apparently there's a buy 3 for the price of 2 promotion on Amazon so I'm scoring a killer deal! making a final decision....

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    There was a Lemire Humble Bundle a few months ago that I grabbed, I really should dig into that with all of this free time *coughcough* that we have.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Speaking of Lemire...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    did one last order for the month since it's 3 for the price of 2:
    Batman: Damned
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: the Ultimate Collection
    Batman Beyond Rebirth volume 1

also, comic shops have recently opened up around me after being closed for a few months. my gf and I wanted to support our local one, and we also had a nice day trip to Kevin Smith's comic shop.
    I picked up:
    Nightwing vol 1
    Batman & Harley Quinn
    Batman Adventures Mad Love

my gf picked up Saga vol 1. She said it's great so far, and the owner of the shop was raving about the series. It was a blind buy on her behalf. She also picked up a Batman Beyond single issue and trade. She was a huge Batman Beyond fan growing up and has now gotten me into it as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: the Ultimate Collection
    The initial TMNT stuff just has a great look to it. You know the story behind their creation? (if not, the Netflix series "The Toys That Made Us" S3 E1 covers it well)

my gf picked up Saga vol 1. She said it's great so far, and the owner of the shop was raving about the series. It was a blind buy on her behalf.
    The creator of Saga lives like, 3 blocks away from me. Her partner also put out a neat comic inspired by some regional history (Frank).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    cool!
    I'll have to watch that episode on Netflix, thanks!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

This looks like it could be pretty good. Plus the whole 6-issue run is out so I don't have to wait for anything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ronin came today, super excited for this one!

I want to get into Sin City..but the books seem hard to find and expensive.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Last of the initial Spawn I want arrived today... 1 - 25. More more Amazing Spider-Man (although, technically two, but one isn't a McFarlane... but I want a complete storyline, soooo....) and then I just have those Incredible Hulks to pick-up and I can consider this quest done.

And then I can read them.

And then I can sleep.

Or have a sandwich.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

In unrelated news I was looking at the Bruce Wayne Agent of SHIELD book on Goodreads the other day and my wife was very confused. So I explained a bit about that story and showed her some cover art for the other books. Will be reading all of those plus the DC vs. Marvel four-parter this week.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    really getting into Frank Miller lately.
    ordered yesterday:
    Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson vol 1
    The Life & Times of Martha Washington in the 21st Century

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I know it concluded a couple of months ago, but I finally had a chance to finish Paper Girls, and it was blast! Highly recommended!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    finished Ronin today...absolutely loved it. I certainly felt Michonne was inspired by this book. Also, Stranger Things to a small degree (when psychic powers are used, a nose bleed follows, like El )

Started reading Batman Hush and I can't put it down! Seriously, I've been binge reading like people binge shows. I only have a few issues left and I'll finish it tomorrow. I forgot how much I love Jim Lee's art- in the early 90's as a kid his was some of the first artwork I had seen and it had such a lasting impact on me apparently.