I don't know if I've posted in this thread, but two years ago there was a significant kindle sale on marvel collections (like literally 90-95% off) that allowed me to overcome the "diving in the deep end" feeling of trying to get into comics. Also being digital helped overcome significant organizational anxieties. You don't have to worry about the condition of the issue, keeping track of your place and finding a way to store it. Since then I've read a lot of comics. That sale let me get my feet wet on X-Men, Thor, Black Panther, Deadpool, and others. I branched out later and dug deeper than I had on Batman and also read a bunch of Power Rangers comics which are weirdly, very good.

But ultimately I haven't been as satisfied with anything as I have with X-Men. Jumping around that timeline, hugely out of order, across decades, filling in the blanks, discovering new characters.

Last year I chose to experience HoX/PoX and Dawn of X as they were being released, which was a very new experience, but ultimately found that I like reading the stories after they are complete. Reading them as they were released was hard on my reading comprehension and on my wallet... Easier on my patience, though. I like being a part of the conversation with those stories. But that while collection can be had digitally now for a third of the price, and Marvel Unlimited uploads comics 6 months after release and that's all on their as part of the subscription too. Definitely won't do that again.

Right now I'm reading the 2005 X-Factor, which is really cool, has a lot of great art featuring interesting lighting. It prompted me to reread House of M, one of the first comic books I read on that sale (maybe literally the second) and it was really awesome coming back to that story with a more rounded knowledge of all the characters and events before and after. That story is still one of the best I think, still better than HoX/PoX too.... While HoX/PoX is trippy it has maybe less to say, and in it's lack of directness, has fewer character moments and is a lot more of a guy punch.

I do love the Krakoa paradigm in X-Books right now. I love the aesthetic and the both HoxPoX stories are filled with interesting challenges and ideas, I know that comics normally back off from these sorts of radical changes but I hope this one sticks.