Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 530

Thread: Comics!!!

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Back to the Thor issue. Its been said that the woman carrying moljnr is a different person. Apparently Thor did something unworthy, again.

    That first article is hella misleading. Not angry anymore.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,397
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maybe Falcon will finally be an essential character in 616 like he deserves to be.

    New Thor is interesting, particularly how she's just Thor and doesn't have her own name like Beta Ray Bill or whoever else. Also that she's a person and not a horse alien or a fucking frog.

    I can't wait to see how quickly these two things are undone in May 2015, conveniently in time for Avengers 2.

    Also, @orestes : Ms. Marvel is my favorite Marvel book right now. It unseated Hawkeye because 1. it comes out on time (FOUR MONTHS, MARVEL, FOUR FUCKING MONTHS) and 2. it is just the greatest thing ever written. As much as I love Alphona's art, Jacob Wyatt did an incredible job this issue, as I'm sure he'll do for the next few. This is one of the only times where a Wolverine guest spot was enjoyable to read, too.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,721
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Not much of a comic reader but i have some cents on the .latest "comic news"

    I know it happens very often, but it always bothers me when a new secret identity takes up an old super hero mantle. At theat point its not captain america anymroe, its a new hero, or falcon or whatever. In my view. You cant just rearrange these things.

    It seems like this is in anticipation of casting issues Marvel might soon have for its movies. How to replace RDJ? REPLace tony stark! Etc etc

    Sorry about the typks... My phone wont let me delete anymore? Weord.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Maybe Falcon will finally be an essential character in 616 like he deserves to be.

    New Thor is interesting, particularly how she's just Thor and doesn't have her own name like Beta Ray Bill or whoever else. Also that she's a person and not a horse alien or a fucking frog.

    I can't wait to see how quickly these two things are undone in May 2015, conveniently in time for Avengers 2.

    Also, @orestes : Ms. Marvel is my favorite Marvel book right now. It unseated Hawkeye because 1. it comes out on time (FOUR MONTHS, MARVEL, FOUR FUCKING MONTHS) and 2. it is just the greatest thing ever written. As much as I love Alphona's art, Jacob Wyatt did an incredible job this issue, as I'm sure he'll do for the next few. This is one of the only times where a Wolverine guest spot was enjoyable to read, too.
    Well, the good news is that Hawkeye is returning at the end of the month. The bad news is there are only three issues left.

    Those panels about fanfic, omg!

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Not much of a comic reader but i have some cents on the .latest "comic news"

    I know it happens very often, but it always bothers me when a new secret identity takes up an old super hero mantle. At theat point its not captain america anymroe, its a new hero, or falcon or whatever. In my view. You cant just rearrange these things.

    It seems like this is in anticipation of casting issues Marvel might soon have for its movies. How to replace RDJ? REPLace tony stark! Etc etc

    Sorry about the typks... My phone wont let me delete anymore? Weord.
    Just like the "Superhero sex change" the "Secret identity change" has been done before (and even more...), many people have taken Capitain America's mantle like: Bucky, John Walker, William Nasland among others, personally i loved the "Bucky-cap" and he made more sense than Steve Rogers in this day and age but Marvel always has it's way and brought back Steve Rogers just in time for the Captain America movie.
    I like the Falcon and i think the character deserves to be Cap America but he already has a superhero identity and i think Marvel will go back to Steve rogers as they always do.
    So, i can see those "changes" fading away fast, maybe the female thor will last longer, i don't know, but for now we'll just have to wait and see...

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,397
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    They always revert back to the "classic" characters with the big names. Remember how Dan Slott insisted for an entire year that Peter Parker was really really really dead forever? And then, when Amazing Spider-Man 2 was on the horizon, everyone suddenly changed their tune?

    These things never last in the prime universe. Comics readership has been dwindling steadily for the big two for the past several years. They're not able to take huge risks like this for longer than a year, or a few months, even though I personally think they should.

    Sam Wilson will return to being the Falcon in May 2015, and this new Thor will take on a new, non-Thor identity in May 2015. Superior Iron Man may stick around - it's just Tony being an even bigger dick than usual.

    This is why I read Ultimate Marvel - changes stick. Granted, sometimes they're awful changes, and Marvel has this tendency to treat the Ultimate universe like an unwanted little brother, but still. Ah well.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Happy batman day everyone. So many deals and freebies.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Happy Batman day everyone!, already went shopping with my little buddy...



  10. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,104
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    I got the free comic and the mask.

    And bad news the empty position at the store I go to is filled. Didn't get the job. :/

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chapin, SC
    Posts
    3,163
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Happy Batman day everyone!, already went shopping with my little buddy...


    Hey, I just bought a similar keychain at the comic-con! (speaking of which, do we have a comic-con thread?)


  12. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hey, I just bought a similar keychain at the comic-con! (speaking of which, do we have a comic-con thread?)
    I think we don't have one, but we can use this very thread for Comic Con news, i guess:

    Marvel announces 3 new Star Wars comics!

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)


    that is all. hell yes.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,397
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So after a seventeen-year hiatus, Hawkeye #19 was pretty good.

    If the last issue hadn't been solicited like five times already, I would be surprised that we're moving into endgame territory here. At least these last few issues should rise above the scheduling issues and end the series with a bang. I think this also means that Fraction is done with Marvel for a while. since he's not writing anything else. That's a shame.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Speaking of extended hiatuses, Sandman #3 came out today and I'll probably need to re-read the first two issues beforehand.

    Picked up Bodies #1 from Vertigo as well.

  16. #226
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hnnnng. Dat Watchmen tho. Dr. Manhattan is probably my favorite character ever though. Seriously.


    Also, is his Before Watchmen comic worth getting or should I wait until it comes out in a huge hardcover book ala TWD: Compendium 1?

  17. #227
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,104
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I think we don't have one, but we can use this very thread for Comic Con news, i guess:

    Marvel announces 3 new Star Wars comics!
    I don't know how I feel about that. Seeing as Dark Horse was the mainstay for Star Wars comics for as long as I remember.

  18. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, but the creative teams involved!

  19. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I don't know how I feel about that. Seeing as Dark Horse was the mainstay for Star Wars comics for as long as I remember.
    I felt bad for Dark Horse but at least they were able to finish on a high note with the great "Brian Wood series" and the very awesome "The Star Wars, lucas draft", i'm debating wheter to buy or not the Marvel stuff but it looks pretty good to start with... that Princess Leia series by Mark Waid sounds very interesting!, i think Marvel will bring the Star Wars comics in a good path...

  20. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone here read Bryan Lee O'Malley's Seconds yet? I'm sure it's great and I plan on buying it, but was just wondering. He's gonna be in NYC on Monday doing a discussion/signing and I'm really tempted to go...

  21. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Heard nothing but good things. I need to read it too.

  22. #232
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    1,014
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    So, I know it's shameless self promotion, but still: my flash fiction webcomic is finally online! Check it out at: http://www.observatorycomics.com/

    Edit: here's a teaser. Each installment is a self contained little story, and this is the latest one. It's called "Throne"

    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 08-17-2014 at 07:21 PM.

  23. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh my god, Ms. Marvel and Lockjaw!

  24. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Anyone here read Bryan Lee O'Malley's Seconds yet? I'm sure it's great and I plan on buying it, but was just wondering. He's gonna be in NYC on Monday doing a discussion/signing and I'm really tempted to go...
    I bought it and had my copy destroyed in an apartment fire in a matter of weeks.

    I thought it was OK. It just sort of seemed like a older, female version of Scott Pilgrim without all the videogame wackiness. It probably needed to be longer, dare I say, because it wraps things up way too quickly.

    It's a decent read though.

  25. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,778
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

    This is brilliant.

  26. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It's been sitting on my bookshelf for the past couple of months but I finally sat down to read Becky Cloonan's self-published trilogy of short stories, By Chance or Providence.

    Gah, I love her line work so much!



    Also, hey, remember me yammering on about Loki's gender fluidity? Well, looks like it's finally more than lip service.

  27. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In a kind of nice place , Spain.
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is DC gonna end the New 52 after so little time? I think it's a chickensh*t move if they do.The new content is fresh and Red Hood really rocks in the N52 universe.

  28. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Is DC gonna end the New 52 after so little time? I think it's a chickensh*t move if they do.The new content is fresh and Red Hood really rocks in the N52 universe.
    It's going to be dumb, after all they when through...
    Seems like "Future's end" is the "new" Crisis and it's rumoring heavy, i'm not the biggest fan of "The New 52" but i admit there has been some good thing that came out of it, and for better or worse i would stick with the reboot, doing another one is just going to be capitalism at it's best (recurring thing in comics...)

    And speaking of DC comics: They'll release a "scratch and sniff" variant cover that will smell like cannabis, seriously...

  29. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In a kind of nice place , Spain.
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope they do not reboot it again or go for a past continuity or whatever,since I enjoy the HELL out of Snyder's/Capullo's Batman. Any recommendations when it comes to New 52 titles? D:

  30. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,516
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I hope they do not reboot it again or go for a past continuity or whatever,since I enjoy the HELL out of Snyder's/Capullo's Batman. Any recommendations when it comes to New 52 titles? D:
    Well, besides Batman that is very good i'll recommend to you "Harley Quinn", a truly funny and "acid" comic... I liked "Superman Unchained" a lot, it made good justice to the character and it's about to end, "Animal Man" is a title that has been cancelled already but i liked it a lot, also: "Aquaman" (all the Geoff Johns issues) and "Green Lantern" were fun agile reads and i personally liked the "Forever Evil" crossover, haven't read any issue of "Future's end" so i'm not sure how is it...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-30-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions