Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.11.27 Irving, TX @ The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2018.11.27 Irving, TX @ The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory

Holy shit, I knew JAMC would be good live but I didn’t expect that! I have never been that guy that complains about the crowd not having enough energy but what the fuck!?! How could you not get excited by that?!?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can we ban 50 year old drunk Dads from the pit?

I frequent metal shows often and these people were terrible, all they did was push and stumble. I’d rather have a lively crowd than a dead one but would it hurt to just mosh rather than be a bunch of fucking idiots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Can we ban 50 year old drunk Dads from the pit?

I frequent metal shows often and these people were terrible, all they did was push and stumble. I’d rather have a lively crowd than a dead one but would it hurt to just mosh rather than be a bunch of fucking idiots?
    Right! And all the dudes doing it were freaking middle aged! It was bad enough that the setlist was practically a repeat of San Antonio. First time I left a NIN show bummed and disappointed. Oh well.. Hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stone; 11-28-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Right! And all the dudes doing it were freaking middle aged! It was bad enough that the setlist was practically a repeat of San Antonio. First time I left a NIN bummed and disappointed. I literally walked out during over and out. I just checked setlistfm.com and only 18 songs were played?! WTF? Hopefully tomorrow is much better setlist wise.

one dude looked like Bill Clinton. We called him drunk Bill Clinton all night.

Yeah the set was surprisingly disappointing. Maybe the worst of the tour.

Not that Dallas deserves anything more than that.

hopefully night 2 is better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Also. 1,000,000 is a fucking banger live and should always be played live

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow that set was almost identical to the fest set

come on Trent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    one dude looked like Bill Clinton. We called him drunk Bill Clinton all night.

Yeah the set was surprisingly disappointing. Maybe the worst of the tour.

Not that Dallas deserves anything more than that.

hopefully night 2 is better.
    The guy that pissed me off most looked like a combination of Jeff Daniels character from dumb & dumber and Barney from The Simpsons. He had a forest or olive green shirt on and would kneel periodically (in between thrashing on people) to hit off of I have no fucking clue?! He was on something other than alcohol that's for sure. My thing is, I totally get the pit, but there's an etiquette/code to that shit and certainly a difference between moshing in the center circle with other moshers and running up behind people who aren't in the center circle and slamming into them, swinging elbows and arms and even push punching people in the back. Tomorrow I would like to get a rail spot. I'll still get the surges from the crowd behind but nobody will knock me down or get ahead of me.

I know you're likely being facetious regarding Dallas, brah, but for 150 a show, merch, hotel and car rental.... I totally except more. There were some good bits (loved the Vinnie Paul story and yes... fuck Ted Cruz indeed lol. The venue was pretty damn good (really nice staff, layout and sound from what I could tell) and I did enjoy ATLITW for the first time. But yes, come on Trent indeed.

What time did you get there to get the rail spot? I got there at six and was pretty damn close (about ten feet behind center right) but the first surge knocked me away. I had one arm too while holding that tube which didn't help matters with the obnoxious fucked up troglodytes lol.

Last edited by Stone; 11-28-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck Ted Cruz!

Thanks for a great night, Trent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dallas crowds are just a fucking embarrassment constantly, honestly. I love seeing shows elsewhere (like Detroit) because the fans are so much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thankfully the general admission floor wasn't steamy hot like in San Antonio 5 years ago (something the AT&T Center is notorious for, poor air conditioning) as there were a few real assholes (possible Twitter trolls, Trent?) right in the center who were hellbent on not just moshing but pushing forward by even elbowing & punching my back, pushing me further to the right until during the encore I was in front of Robin Finck instead of Trent & about 7 back compared to 3 back from the barrier that I thought I'd earned by getting there early. Those few violent pricks had me sadly wishing for songs like Wish, March Of The Pigs, The Perfect Drug & Gave Up to end just so they would settle down.

Speaking of Tension San Antonio 2013 we got All The Love In The World (again) & Over And Out before Hurt, I loved it. Guess my picks for tonight (if anyone cares) would be And All That Could Have Been & The Background World.

Also was I the only one hoping for I Can't Give Everything Away (and Subterraneans) rather than I'm Afraid Of Americans? Maybe tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dallas crowds are just a fucking embarrassment constantly, honestly. I love seeing shows elsewhere (like Detroit) because the fans are so much better.
    Crowd was fine. Not sure what your problem was.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bandmemberblack View Post
    Crowd was fine. Not sure what your problem was.
    Clearly you don't attend a lot of shows. Or were drunk.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Over and Out and This is Not The Place were new for me. Lots of Bad Witch. Overall had fun, I think I encountered Bill but otherwise wasn't upset with the crowd. Hoping for a less bad witchy show tonight.

vv Probably vv
    Last edited by ekrekel; 11-28-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Over and Out and This is Not The Place were new for me. Lots of Bad Witch. Overall had fun, I think I encountered Bill but otherwise wasn't upset with the crowd. Hoping for a less bad witchy show tonight.
    Are you the guy who got there later who drove up from Austin?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any video of the opening of the first night? I so badly want to see that!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Clearly you don't attend a lot of shows. Or were drunk.
    Why? Does a crowd seem good to you only if they injure each other?????? Not many NIN fans are in their teens anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Why? Does a crowd seem good to you only if they injure each other?????? Not many NIN fans are in their teens anymore.
    I’m saying the crowd sucked because it was a bunch of aggressive drunks shoving

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I’m saying the crowd sucked because it was a bunch of aggressive drunks shoving
    Guess that depends on where you were. Where I was everyone was pretty cool. I did see some of the aggressive drunks but thankfully I was far enough away from them.