Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: An absurd gag, a monkey trick (The Jesus Lizard)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

An absurd gag, a monkey trick (The Jesus Lizard)

Didn't find a post for this band, but they're apparently back together? Or just playing a one off show at the upcoming Day For Night festival? Can't find any news about them, but they're one of my favorite bands that I thought I'd never get the opportunity to see.

EDIT: apparently I should've looked harder, they are embarking on a small US tour leading up to the festival in Houston
    http://teamrock.com/news/2017-10-05/...ows-since-2009
    The Jesus Lizard 2017 US tour

Dec 08: Nashville Cannery Ballroom, TN
    Dec 09: Chicago Metro, IL
    Dec 10: New York Irving Plaza, NY
    Dec 14: Los Angeles The Fonda Theatre, CA
    Dec 15: San Francisco The Independent, CA
    Dec 16: Houston Day For Night Festival, TX
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 10-07-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was off work yesterday and literally just sitting around at home when tickets went on sale...i just completely forgot about them.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Loved that song on the Nirvana split single, and then bought Down, which kinda sucks, and which stalled me in my tracks for getting into this band.
    What would you say their best best album is?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Loved that song on the Nirvana split single, and then bought Down, which kinda sucks, and which stalled me in my tracks for getting into this band.
    What would you say their best best album is?
    Liar, which contains Puss, he song from the split Nirvana single you're talking about. Though Im also very fond of Goat.

And I love Down, but it's definitely not a good starting point

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got screwed on the SF date, wouldn't let me get anything and sold out quick. So upset, hoping more dates + new music.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Saw this the other day & almost didn't believe it. I normally don't do festivals much anymore, but I might have to hit Day for Night in Houston. Never thought I'd get a chance to see these guys.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just recently got into Jesus Lizard while looking for bands similar to Daughters and God damn, why didn't anyone tell me about them all these years??

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just recently got into Jesus Lizard while looking for bands similar to Daughters and God damn, why didn't anyone tell me about them all these years??
    If you're digging the Lizard then you must check out David Yows 1st band before he joined the Jesus Lizard. Scratch Acid. A thing of beauty

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    If you're digging the Lizard then you must check out David Yows 1st band before he joined the Jesus Lizard. Scratch Acid. A thing of beauty

Hell yeah. I got the compilation they put out that basically covers their entire discography. Wish there was more!