Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2019 (?)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Not saying there won't be any more live shows again, I just don't see any in 2019. I'd love to be proven wrong, but at Las Vegas 2 nights ago he said "These are the last shows for a while"

So, he didn't say "last shows ever", but he knows he won't be playing anytime soon. Obviously, plans can change all the time, but I don't see shows in 2019 after that statement. Unfortunate too, because 2019 is a huge milestone year for most of NIN's big records. 30 years for PHM, 25 for TDS and 20 years for The Fragile. Huge missed opportunity if at least 1 of those records doesn't get some sort of a celebration.
    Trent in 2017 said his goal was to do a modest amount of shows a year. So if that's the case there would definitely be shows in 2019. And considering the fact that they have a mobile studio on the road and they are already scoring Watchmen and their other projects as we speak, I think they can make it work. From what I've read, Trent sees touring as a sort of catharsis now; so it's no surprise he's finding a way to do both touring and scoring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It's been 5 long years since NIN have been to MN, so it would be nice if they came here next year so I don't have to keep driving to Chicago! (not saying it wasn't worth it, though!)
    The Armory in Minneapolis would be such a great venue to see NIN (during WARM months--please don't make me sit outside in below zero weather...).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "We're talking about what next year looks like in terms of dates and future stuff. The plan is to keep expanding in repertoire..."
    (per the Mexico interview)

It definitely sounds like Trent has no plans of stopping touring indefinitely like he has done in the past. I'm sure we'll hear something concrete end of this month/January.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think people are taking the "talking about dates" quote in the wrong perspective. The question was related to whether there will be new HTDA or NIN music next year, and they go off on a tangent answering the question a bit and then go back to it and say "We are currently discussing dates" and I think the word "dates" was misinterpreted by some as dates for live shows, I think what they really mean are dates for when to start recording and/or when new music could/should be released etc.
    As streetman just said, the term "dates" 100% is in reference to "tour dates" imo. The term "dates" as he said it is almost always used in music for touring. It also makes no sense to me that they would be "discussing dates" at this early juncture between themselves for releases. The way he said "discussing dates" was in terms of the back & forth between him, mgmt & promoters for shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    As streetman just said, the term "dates" 100% is in reference to "tour dates" imo. The term "dates" as he said it is almost always used in music for touring. It also makes no sense to me that they would be "discussing dates" at this early juncture between themselves for releases. The way he said "discussing dates" was in terms of the back & forth between him, mgmt & promoters for shows.
    To clarify: It was also in direct response to a fan's inquiry about NIN. NIN. Nothing else. The discussion/question was specifically about "NIN's evolution".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ok. Fine, you guys win. There are dates. I'll see ya all in 2019.
    But if there aren't any dates, do I win something?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Also we're already heard rumors on two european countries, I mean rumors out of the blue about new european dates are definitively strange !

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And that very specific convo a poster had at Radio City or Kings Theatre re: security about Bowery Presents/T5 people coming backstage to check out NIN's setup.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    at Las Vegas 2 nights ago he said "These are the last shows for a while"
    The next time he says this the entire audience should shout WOLF back at him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I forsee 2019 to look like 2017 in terms of dates. A few festivals and a few one-offs. Nothing too crazy.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    The next time he says this the entire audience should shout WOLF back at him.
    Yeah, kind of like when he said in London he was retiring Bowie's "I can't give everything away" that night and he brought it back again recently. As soon as I heard it come on I just turned to my girlfriend and said "he lied" lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent and co. realize what a work of art his live show is. I really hope he figures out a way to tour every year, even if it's just a handful of shows like 2017. Give everyone a chance to catch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    "We're talking about what next year looks like in terms of dates and future stuff. The plan is to keep expanding in repertoire..."
    (per the Mexico interview)

It definitely sounds like Trent has no plans of stopping touring indefinitely like he has done in the past. I'm sure we'll hear something concrete end of this month/January.
    Hope you're right.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Trent last night in LA (I'm paraphrasing): "These are the last shows for the foreseeable future." *audience reacts* "I didn't say the last shows ever!"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bandmemberblack View Post
    I wonder if Trent and co. realize what a work of art his live show is. I really hope he figures out a way to tour every year, even if it's just a handful of shows like 2017. Give everyone a chance to catch it.
    One month Vegas residency?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    One month Vegas residency?
    Honestly, a Vegas residency is what I'm hoping for in terms of next years shows. Could do a week one month, a week another month, etc.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It was false : HOLY CRAP NIN FRANCE 7jul19 !!!!!!
    Last edited by ninjaw; 12-14-2018 at 05:09 AM. Reason: false alert

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    HOLY CRAP NIN FRANCE 7jul19 !!!!!!

Well... nothing official yet, but Eurockeenes will give names in 1 hour, and all french ppl that added "NIN" in our french major billet system (fnac) just received an alert.
    => biggest major billet store here => very serious mail => one hour only before official announcement.
    Didn’t they do that this year? If so, talk about Trent talking bollocks about not touring at shows - I think he’s just saying stuff to get a reaction now! (Not that I’m not excited by more European shows next year)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Didn’t they do that this year? If so, talk about Trent talking bollocks about not touring at shows - I think he’s just saying stuff to get a reaction now! (Not that I’m not excited by more European shows next year)
    It was crap names are here : https://twitter.com/eurockeennes/sta...34290590425088

I guess robot mixed up with last year database

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    It was crap names are here : https://twitter.com/eurockeennes/sta...34290590425088

I guess robot mixed up with last year database
    ugh Chainsmokers? What a disappointment

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    dude he's OBVIOUSLY talking about dates as in like "date night" for him and the mrs.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think on September 21, 2019, there should be a one-off "celebration of The Fragile" show where the entire album is played in order since it's highly unlikely a Fragility 3.0 tour would occur next year with the entirety of The Fragile being played each night. I'd absolutely buy tickets and travel for that show.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    There should be a tour that celebrates the 30th anniversary of PHM, the 20th anniversary of TF, and the 25th anniversary of TDS. Call it the Pretty Fragile Spiral tour or something, LOL. Do about a 2 hour set with only songs from those albums, but random assortments of tracks through the tour. Bring out deep cuts from all three albums and unplayed songs from The Fragile.
    Last edited by piggy; 12-21-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And announce it as such. The same amount of tickets would be sold except it would happen at onsale instead of a scramble for tickets just in case it happens again like after Phoenix.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just saw that David Fincher is now confirmed to be starting filming World War Z in June.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/wo...er-1202010660/
    i wonder if this is the reason plans for touring in 2019 have stalled?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    FWIW, I was speaking with one of the poster artists from this tour a month or so ago and he mentioned he'd already been hired to do some work for their "next tour".

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    FWIW, I was speaking with one of the poster artists from this tour a month or so ago and he mentioned he'd already been hired to do some work for their "next tour".
    Was it Bottom of the Pyram1d or NC Winters? Or Tsang or Dan Mumford? Hopefully not Jermaine Rogers.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Hopefully not Jermaine Rogers.
    I really want to like him and I appreciate the 9/18 Red Rocks poster but the other posters he did look pretty much just like that one. Kind of a one-trick pony :-/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm hoping, and wondering if anyone's heard, if there is an Aus/NZ tour? NA have just had a another tour that just looked freakin ridiculous and depending on how you looked at it, probably had LITS and Tension covered. What the cats outside of NA would kill to travel an hour 2 on plane to see a gig like those from recent, 2014 and 2009.
    On top of that, the last couple of times in Australia we've just had them as a 4 piece. The shows were good, just not great (the double tour with QOTSA was a weird). Guess what I'm saying is, we need a NIN tour down under with no compromises! Not too much to ask.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umby1979 View Post
    I'm hoping, and wondering if anyone's heard, if there is an Aus/NZ tour? NA have just had a another tour that just looked freakin ridiculous and depending on how you looked at it, probably had LITS and Tension covered. What the cats outside of NA would kill to travel an hour 2 on plane to see a gig like those from recent, 2014 and 2009.
    On top of that, the last couple of times in Australia we've just had them as a 4 piece. The shows were good, just not great (the double tour with QOTSA was a weird). Guess what I'm saying is, we need a NIN tour down under with no compromises! Not too much to ask.
    CBI was the last tour for the foreseeable future is what Trent said, so it seems unlikely it will happen in 2019