Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NIN touring in 2019 (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Was it Bottom of the Pyram1d or NC Winters? Or Tsang or Dan Mumford? Hopefully not Jermaine Rogers.
    None of the above.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umby1979 View Post
    I'm hoping, and wondering if anyone's heard, if there is an Aus/NZ tour? NA have just had a another tour that just looked freakin ridiculous and depending on how you looked at it, probably had LITS and Tension covered.
    If NIN does shows next year, I'd imagine there will be some North American ones (with Canada getting several including a festival or two up there). If they tour outside the U.S., I'd imagine Australia and/or South & Central America would be the focus, as they just did Asian & European shows this summer. Sadly alot of it really comes down to which festivals offer the most $/make the most sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umby1979 View Post
    I'm hoping, and wondering if anyone's heard, if there is an Aus/NZ tour? NA have just had a another tour that just looked freakin ridiculous and depending on how you looked at it, probably had LITS and Tension covered. What the cats outside of NA would kill to travel an hour 2 on plane to see a gig like those from recent, 2014 and 2009.
    On top of that, the last couple of times in Australia we've just had them as a 4 piece. The shows were good, just not great (the double tour with QOTSA was a weird). Guess what I'm saying is, we need a NIN tour down under with no compromises! Not too much to ask.
    Touring Aus/NZ has gotten ridiculously expensive, so if/when the next one happens you should probably expect some compromises like a festival show, a small number of dates, and/or a co-headliner with similar but different drawing power.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Possibly something to keep an eye on would be the 50th anniversary of Woodstock in August?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Possibly something to keep an eye on would be the 50th anniversary of Woodstock in August?
    I can't belive all the non rock bands in the rumor mill, it's gonna blow if those come true.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    *sigh*

I’m still holding out hope for more Cold Black and Infinite style shows this year as it’s almost approaching one year since the Physical World presale.

Got me all nostalgic.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 05-12-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    *sign*

I’m still holding out hope for more Cold Black and Infinite style shows this year as it’s almost approaching one year since the Physical World presale.

Got me all nostalgic.
    As great as the shows were, I hope we never have to go through a presale like that again.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i posted this elsewhere here but i would love to see NIN or HTDA play the festival Robert Smith is curating in LA

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    As great as the shows were, I hope we never have to go through a presale like that again.
    Oh for sure ... they didn't come to Missouri at all, so thankfully @Kid A helped me out with some tickets to the Nashville show during the presale - which I'm forever grateful for.

I doubt they'll do a presale like that again, but I wouldn't put it past Trent to try it out. Hopefully if they decide to do that again, they at least come to St. Louis the next time so I can experience it in person. As someone that gets up early to do Record Store Day almost every year, I don't usually mind waiting in line with people at the early hours of the morning that are into the same stuff as me. Sure, it gets my anxiety going ... but it's a fun experience at the end of the day.

If NIN decides to tour again in 2019, I'll have to make it a must that I do more than one show. I always kick myself for not biting the bullet and getting tickets to another "close-ish" city after the tours are over. I was wanting to do Chicago last year, but had family come into town that weekend.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Not likely going to happen. I could see a few HTDA shows at the end of the year.

Ilan is committed to Angels and Airwaves this fall on tour.

See you all in 2020. (hopefully)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post

Can't fucking wait!!!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Not likely going to happen. I could see a few HTDA shows at the end of the year.

Ilan is committed to Angels and Airwaves this fall on tour.

Bummer about the Angels and Airwaves tour, wasn't aware of that. Oh well! At least there will hopefully be some shows to look forward to in the upcoming year. As mentioned, I need to make it a priority to see more than ONE show on any upcoming major tour!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Bummer about the Angels and Airwaves tour, wasn't aware of that. Oh well! At least there will hopefully be some shows to look forward to in the upcoming year. As mentioned, I need to make it a priority to see more than ONE show on any upcoming major tour!
    I have not listened to AAA ever. But I did like Blink when I was younger and want to support Ilan. So I'll be hitting up a show.

Look at it this way. You can save up for next year with a year or so off!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I have not listened to AAA ever. But I did like Blink when I was younger and want to support Ilan. So I'll be hitting up a show.

Look at it this way. You can save up for next year with a year or so off!
    This will drift us further off topic momentarily, but I really hope Tom has cleaned up his live act for this tour, because his vocals are usually horrific. Mumbling, slurring, ignoring the rhythm...depends on the song, older songs tend to suffer more. I hope that they're touring now because he wants to so it motivates him to sound better. Ilan, at least, will be a monster as usual.

To get back on topic, I don't see NIN touring for another year at the very least, maybe even two or three. Based on how the tours went this year, it seems like Trent wants to do them in bursts, with a lot of time off in between.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I just hope that when they tour next they will be playing venues that at least mostly have an open GA. Seats just aren't the same.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I just hope that when they tour next they will be playing venues that at least mostly have an open GA. Seats just aren't the same.
    As much as I would have loved to see NIN at Red Rocks, this was precisely the reason I chose to attend the Aragon Ballroom shows instead.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Same. So glad that the Dallas shows weren't seated, but I remember being irritated about seated pits for the NIN/SG 2014 tour.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Not at the Cure festival:

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I thought the festival was going to be later in the year?

Or was that the Disintegration shows?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This might be an unpopular idea but I'd be cool with a huge touring gap. Enough time for NIN to release at least two LPs. The variety and wealth of unplayed material on LITS was staggering, and I'd love to see something like that again, with or without the production.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    This might be an unpopular idea but I'd be cool with a huge touring gap. Enough time for NIN to release at least two LPs. The variety and wealth of unplayed material on LITS was staggering, and I'd love to see something like that again, with or without the production.
    I agree that having a lot of new material during LITS was pretty great. But there is still a big part of me that wants to see NIN 5 times a year for the rest of my life.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am not a fan of a huge touring gap. Four-five years is agonizing. 2020 wouldn't be too bad of a wait I feel like.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yeah, but releasing an LP without touring it is a great way to guarantee that you only hear a couple songs from it live. Tour the LP and you'll hear a lot more from it.

Zero interest in multiple LPs before another live show, but that's just my opinion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah, but releasing an LP without touring it is a great way to guarantee that you only hear a couple songs from it live. Tour the LP and you'll hear a lot more from it.

Zero interest in multiple LPs before another live show, but that's just my opinion.
    Same here I think at this point. While I'm also SUPER interested to hear where the next Nine Inch Nails proper album goes, I'd much rather get another tour in the style of what we got last year with an emphasis on "in the moment" variety as opposed to super spectacle.

All in all, like @snichols said ... I just want to be able to see them multiple times in a given year. It just gives me something really excited to look forward to.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 05-18-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

i thought the new material on the last tour was outstanding & stands with anything in the catalog fine. some faves: over & out, the background world, shit mirror. i'm willing to go anywhere trent & atticus want to take me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i thought the new material on the last tour was outstanding & stands with anything in the catalog fine. some faves: over & out, the background world, shit mirror. i'm willing to go anywhere trent & atticus want to take me.
    That's my whole point: if he released an album but didn't tour it, we'd probably never hear most of it live. If he's going to release new stuff, I want a realistic shot at it being played live in a supporting tour or festival dates.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay, you got me. It's for selfish reasons: I can not buy anymore fucking show posters...

Seriously though, while I get your point about touring with an LP meaning we get to see more of that LP live, YZ and Slip didn't have their own specific tours, but since their release we've heard pretty much everything off of them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It seemed like NTAE and AV didn't get nearly as much attention during the 2017 tour as BW got in 2018. I want to hear the new stuff played too, but 4 BW and 3 AV tracks in one night (20 songs) was a pretty hefty dose of the new stuff.

In hindsight, I think I'm really just perturbed that Irving didn't get AATCHB, disregard.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-21-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Trent Reznor Opt to go to Australia again. I will be there.

Last show I went to was in Melbourne and Sydney, Then LA.

I hope something good happens, QOTSA was good but even the fans outside was talking smack.

I bought a shirt for 40 or 60 AUD cannot remmember

Now I have the shirt from there (A Grey-ish/Gray-ish Pretty Hate MAchine, a Dickies long sleeve shirt (overshirt) Black with dickies logo and the NIN logo on the chest, also I have bought a cheap Black NIN shirt from K-Mart. Which is now popular! YES! If anything, I'll be looking for rare finds, I have some of the demo's now and would be willing to look into it more, if you know the best merch store/site please tell me, But as long as its NOT the official one, not alot to choose from, I want something special and rare or 3rd party.

If I go to LA again next year, I would like to see most I can of Cali, I have seen some places, and visited Las Vegas, but only for a CON, if I get the chance, I will buy a cheap video recorder and cruise the route 66 and see all related tourism stuffs, I'm into Unofficial Music Video's at the moment, and I'd like to create something based off NBK, Year Zero and Ghosts.