Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    and, still, nothing.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat here.
    Still early hours in west USA so maybe we're waiting for someone to wake up and press a button there?

Edit:
    And there we go, just had an email now confirming the download is ready. Happy listening all.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 01-02-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    For those that have purchased it, what are the specs of the WAV and FLAC downloads? Is either high res than the other?

Got store-uk download and I can confirm FLACs are 24 bits at 48000 Hz, so as an added value at least screen from the first track (just bonus, I'm not pointing at anything):

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Has anybody that ordered from the UK site gotten their download link yet? I ordered five hours ago, and, still, nothing.
    Yep my 128 MP3's have come through, email just after mid-day.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Billy boy sits and grins after seeing that everything Trent has done from 2016-2018 is the exact same fucking thing Billy had been clamoring for all along.....
    And still, somehow, finding endless things to moan about! Incredible!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I always go for the FLAC and use Adobe Audition to convert to 320kbps mp3. I know that option (Adobe Audition or a similar program) isn't available to everyone, but there are several free methods of converting FLAC to mp3 out there (I've used several of them in the past). And I don't understand the hate this movie seems to be getting. I honestly think I enjoyed it more than A Quiet Place and everyone seemed to love that movie. They're obviously extremely similar, so maybe that's part of the reason (that it wasn't the first one).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Given some sort of physical version is forthcoming, I opted or the MP3 version for quick uploading to Google Play. Buyer beware, however, the bit rate is 128kbps with a sample rate of 48,000hz. Sounds fine, but some may be unhappy spending $6.99 for it.
    oh fuck me. i usually just go for the MP3s from the NIN website since they always do high quality but that really chaps my chops. they better give us at least 192kbps replacement files /grump

would anyone be willing to send me their WAV or FLAC files (or preferably pre-converted to 320 MP3 files)? i can show you my nin store receipt.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Undercurrents is BADASS - that was the song I compared to Tetsuo/35 Ghost IV the other day.
    Last edited by simonn; 01-03-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Think this might be my favorite score since TGWTDT...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah I was SHOCKED when I opened up the files to see the whole album was only 60mb. I'm hoping for replacement 320kbps replacements at some point tomorrow.
    I've nothing to add here, other than the fact I am also Richard P.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    I've nothing to add here, other than the fact I am also Richard P.
    Piggies!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, I'm not going to buy this version if it's coming out on streaming soon and then will be a nice sexy bigger release later in the year. If anyone has a link floating around, my inbox is always open...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So, up until I saw Trent's New Year's post about this film yesterday, I had no idea what a "Bird Box" was. I must have been living under a rock, but I don't have Netflix or tend to follow what is "big" and "popular" these days. Still, since TR and AR were involved, I should have known somewhat - But I tend to put their soundtrack work in the back of my mind. Anyway...

Seems like the reviews of the actual movie were pretty mixed. I watched it last night, and was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this film. I mean, it's not going to be going on any "best of" lists for me, but It was enjoyable. The score was really good. It did a fantastic job building suspension and tension. My girlfriend even said the score saved the movie for her, if it was a different score the movie probably wouldn't have been as good. I thought the story was pretty good too, but she said it was just average, seemed too much like that movie "A quiet palace" but instead of not making a sound, you can't see. I never saw AQP, So I can't make that comparison. But I enjoyed it. Maybe the soundtrack helped a bit, it was really well done.

Normally I don't listen to TR/AR music outside of watching the film, but I might give this one a spin on it's own. There were a few standout tracks that seems like they would work on their own without accompanying visuals.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Still no word on the 128 bit rate for the MP3s?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Still no word on the 128 bit rate for the MP3s?
    I contacted customer service to see if an updated version is forthcoming; I have yet to hear back.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Listening to the score, it feels like a mix of Gone Girl and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which is a very intoxicating mix for me since those are my two favorite Trent & Atticus scores.

As for the film itself, I watched the first half hour last week and turned it off. I don't give up on films very often, but I just wasn't digging the back and forth editing between the past and present and the excessive amount of characters. I may try to give it another shot at some point, but unfortunately I wasn't really digging it.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    As soon as I saw the track names I thought of The Wretched and Wish for “And It Keeps Coming” and “Last Thing Left”.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Speaking of, should it be “And It Keeps Coming” or “And It Keeps On Coming”?

The latter seems to be the file name for the mp3, but it’s listed as the former on NIN.com.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    And there we go, just had an email now confirming the download is ready. Happy listening all.
    Yeah. Got mine about an hour after I posted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Speaking of, should it be “And It Keeps Coming” or “And It Keeps On Coming”?

The latter seems to be the file name for the mp3, but it’s listed as the former on NIN.com.
    WAVs are "And It Keeps On Coming".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

As for the film itself, I watched the first half hour last week and turned it off. I don't give up on films very often, but I just wasn't digging the back and forth editing between the past and present and the excessive amount of characters. I may try to give it another shot at some point, but unfortunately I wasn't really digging it.
    Not a fan of Tarantino movies, I presume?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So, I'm not going to buy this version if it's coming out on streaming soon and then will be a nice sexy bigger release later in the year. If anyone has a link floating around, my inbox is always open...
    same here!!! Will gladly take a link.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Not a fan of Tarantino movies, I presume?
    Tarantino movies do it at least to some effect or to serve a narrative

In this one I think they did it at least in part because it would have been even more boring tot ell the story chronologically. The river sequences are at least sort of visually compelling, and at least in my case it was a decent hook as I waited to see what would happen, in the end that made up about 15 minutes total of the movie, and the majority of the film was a bunch of cliche shit confined to a single location. It's possible this was originally meant to be told chronologically, and was reedited for pacing, especially given that the flashback beats are pretty random

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    No, the book is non-chronological as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not sure whether or not to get annoyed by the 128 files. Not being an audiophile I'm not too interested in the technicalities but I like to have the best possible quality on MP3 for my music. If I had realised I would have bought the FLAC version and converted the files myself. If there really isn't any difference in this case then y'know, whatever... Bloody good record though eh? Certainly my favourite score since Gone Girl I think, and I look forward to hearing more from the future release (CD would be nice!).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not sure whether or not to get annoyed by the 128 files. Not being an audiophile I'm not too interested in the technicalities but I like to have the best possible quality on MP3 for my music. If I had realised I would have bought the FLAC version and converted the files myself. If there really isn't any difference in this case then y'know, whatever... Bloody good record though eh? Certainly my favourite score since Gone Girl I think, and I look forward to hearing more from the future release (CD would be nice!).
    I've heard the 128's and the 320's converted from FLAC. I couldn't actually spot that much difference surprisingly!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watched the movie. Overall I thought it was a good movie!

One thing I like about AR/TR is that they keep the tone and feeling ominous (Impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen);

There's one scene where spirits were up, there was accomplishment, fortune, and smiles... it seemed like a happy moment... but TR and AR kept it ominous; where as other producers may have done the obvious and layer on some upbeat/happy score to match the smiles on the faces. Spoiler: When they are at the supermarket and everyone is happy loading up their carts, drinking alcohol, and getting gear etc

Also (especially as a parent) I almost fucking lost it (teared up) at one scene. Spoiler: When in the boat the girl says "ill do it" and gives that adorable pouty lip

Kudos AR/TR.

Hey, can we just start referring to them as ART? 'Atticus Ross & Trent'
    Last edited by snaapz; 01-03-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Hey, can we just start referring to them as ART? 'Atticus Ross & Trent'
    T&A or bust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Truthfully, there is no discernible difference, especially if you're over 30. I griped about the bit rate because it is less than any other service out there. I'm just being picky, and warned others that may be picky.

In any event, I'll be scooping the self-indulgent physical version right up, so these MP3 files will tide me over.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I want the "expanded (potential vinyl) version" more than the next guy...but...

Bird Box (Abridged) - Digital & Streaming AKA - Tension 2013 (Abridged) - Youtube VERSION

Bird Box (
    EXPANSIVE PHYSICAL-ONLY OFFERING) AKA Tension 2013 (EXPANDEd blu-ray)

I have a bad feeling this not going to happen.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I have a bad feeling this not going to happen.
    The score has already been heard by more than 45 million people in context of the movie, if Netflix's figures are to be believed. Memes based on the movie are incredibly popular around social media. The producers are likely doing an awards season push, on the basis of all that buzz. Bird Box is having A Moment. If this isn't the opportunity to offer a deluxe physical box set, I'd say there's unlikely to ever be anything from NIN on a deluxe physical box set ever again.
    Last edited by botley; 01-03-2019 at 11:30 AM.