Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Bird Box

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Spring has ended.
    Thanks for the update. But seriously, did you really think it'd be ready by Trent's estimated time-frame? NIN releases always take longer than originally suggested. Let's just hope it actually gets released, unlike some of the other projects that have been announced in the past only to fizzle and never materialize (Closure DVD, Fragile deluxe, Tension Blu-Ray).

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Let's just hope it actually gets released, unlike some of the other projects that have been announced in the past only to fizzle and never materialize (Closure DVD, Fragile deluxe, Tension Blu-Ray).
    We got the Closure DVD for free, four discs of Fragile outtakes, and over an hour of Tension pro-shot online (again, for free). I mean, if that's "never materialize" for NIN, then they have a far better track record than other artists.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    We got the Closure DVD for free, four discs of Fragile outtakes, and over an hour of Tension pro-shot online (again, for free). I mean, if that's "never materialize" for NIN, then they have a far better track record than other artists.
    Yes, I know—I meant official releases. And as much as I love Deviations (bought the vinyl on day one), it's not the "Deluxe Fragile" 5.1 surround sound version that includes vocals that most people have been hoping & waiting for, it's a different beast. As for Tension, there was a lot more that was supposed to be included. But I'm not here to bitch, I'm actually very happy with what we've been given over the course of the past 15 years. Trent has indeed been very generous over the years and given us several projects for free. If the expanded Bird Box never materializes, I'll be fine with that. I'm still looking forward to the Watchmen score and whatever else they've got cooking in the oven.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Dont forget the vinyl version of Patriots Day and the vinyl of Gone Girl outtakes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Dont forget the vinyl version of Patriots Day and the vinyl of Gone Girl outtakes
    I wonder why it is so difficult to get this stuff released. My feeling was that it was issues with labels and rights, but I feel like stuff does get release (e.g. Gone Girl Outtakes, instrumentals, etc.). It could be physical release issues, but honestly even that has limits and you would assume if it was real issues then things would eventually just get released digitally. I wish he/they would get better about this stuff or just not mention it and we could be pleasantly surprised when things actually do get released. That Fragile Deluxe has been in my head since they mentioned it forever ago it and I fell like I can never just forget about it... it must be coming out at some point, right? right?!

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    I think he's just bad about announcing releases (i.e. deadlines) that have become unrealistic in today's market climate..

If anything, it's a good sign that he's passionate about releasing things he feels his fanbase will enjoy, and then the production bureaucracy bullshit eventually takes over..

If the WT/YZ masters were indeed lost in the 2008 Universal Studios fire, and he's just now finding out about this, then that would explain the 2.5 year "Coming Soon" debacle for those releases. He's probably just as pissed as anyone about that. Which one could also assume nixes any kind of Fragile 20th Anniversary release, if those tapes were included in the fire. However, he also released Fragile Apple/Deviations 1, which included a wealth of unheard material, so who knows if he's sitting on anything else..

Quake and The Slip are anyone's quess. One was released by id Software, and the other he owns outright, I believe. There's no real excuse for Patriot's Day never getting a physical release, and I attribute that to Lakeshore being a shitty vanity label who is out of touch with their fanbase, of which I've experienced on numerous occasions, much like SRC Vinyl..

Bird Box Deluxe...who knows. It's maddening, given how much I love the score they did for that film and knowing there's twice as much still out there, with not so much as a word as to why. My initial post in the Random NIN thread about it being the first day of spring and it wasn't getting released was purely tongue-in-cheek, but I'd be remiss if I said there wasn't some truth in jest..

Hopefully, it's just been delayed in production a bit and is coming soon (along with "lots more in 2019") and he just doesn't feel the delay is worth making a Sanddouchebag statement about. I'd like to think TR wouldn't leave his hardcore fanbase hanging like that. Hopefully..

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    I'm still confident the Universal backlot fire will not affect NIN's plans much. If anything, TR could jump on a lawsuit that would essentially stipulate "you don't own my masters anymore, because you fucking burned them, assholes, so I'll be releasing everything on Null Corp. from now on instead of your imprint, thanks for returning all royalties in perpetuity".

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    It could be physical release issues, but honestly even that has limits and you would assume if it was real issues then things would eventually just get released digitally.
    I mean, the Gone Girl outtakes already were released, and one of them even was incorporated into the Patriot's Day soundtrack, which had a wide digital release. Honestly, the 'vinyl is our first priority' flex made a bit more sense when they weren't neck-deep in starting a new merch distribution operation, getting the new NIN trilogy completed and launched, organizing a tour, accepting more soundtrack work, etc. etc. More physical releases are sure to come when the time is right.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't think the fire would be a reason for the holdup considering Broken, TDS, and The Fragile were all reissued long after the fire. Either the masters for NIN were stored elsewhere or Trent had them, or he had sufficiently high-quality copies that he felt comfortable working from them instead of the missing masters.

The NYTimes list could be inaccurate, too, because Universal demonstrated over and over that their accounting of the inventory in that vault was woefully inadequate, so maybe it was a set of backup copies in that vault or something.

Bird Box Deluxe being MIA is pretty frustrating but it's become par for the course lately.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've made peace with "we'll get stuff when we get it". For whatever the reason stuff gets in the way and i'm OK with that, i'm just happy we're getting stuff every year.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Last Thing Left is just gorgeous.

I was listening to this while cooking dinner the other evening and stopped to cooking to watch my 18 month old lil boy play with my wife and about lost it lol