Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    FWIW the end credits do say Original score available vie The Null Corporation, so something is definitely getting released, at least in digital form. And there is definitely an album worth of music in the film.

The movie was.. ok, I guess. Plot holes all around, some cardboard characterization also involved, but an entertaining feature nonetheless.
    Thanks, didn't spot that.

Yes, watched the movie last night. Not the 'most terrifying movie of all time', as some had labelled it. OK-ish Saturday night fare, no more, no less. Musically, my favourite bit was where there was mayhem when the outbreak first hit the USA - reminded me of a cross between Tetsuo and 35 Ghosts IV - though would need to hear it without all the other noise going on to see whether that stands up or not. Aside from that, mostly fairly muted, if still familiar bits and pieces, and the music wasn't as much of a feature towards the end as I'd hoped. Maybe once the soundtrack does get released it'll stand out for me more - tbf this might be the first time I've seen the film before hearing the soundtrack for one of their films so this has undoubtedly played a part in me being very slightly underwhelmed at this stage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    maybe theyre waiting for the long holiday period to be over before they announce anything. Don't want the PR push to die while so many people aren't paying attention/in their normal routine yet?
    potentially true, since it's a TRAR release and not a NIN release. didn't NTAE drop a couple days before x-mas two years ago?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    maybe theyre waiting for the long holiday period to be over before they announce anything. Don't want the PR push to die while so many people aren't paying attention/in their normal routine yet?
    Pretty sure anyone who is interested will find out about NIN shit regardless of the long holiday period...

Did you forget about The Gift?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, this movie was... okay. Well acted, good music, but it's not scary, and it has zero atmosphere. Watch The Road or It Comes at Night; similar stories, but with actual tension and an overwhelming atmosphere. This movie also has some pretty bad cliches. At the beginning of the movie I literally turned and said "if such and such happens, I'm gonna be done with this movie" and then at the very end it happened. Worst part of the whole movie. If you watched it, you know what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Abridged version of the score is available now, with a longer physical release planned for the spring.

http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And the soundtrack is now available for purchase:
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...21013870346317

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i'd love to buy this now but the fact that the physical release will come with a digital download is really hindering my purchase now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    i'd love to buy this now but the fact that the physical release will come with a digital download is really hindering my purchase now.
    Not necessarily. It's described as a "physical-only offering." Also, there's an edit button for a reason.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not in any rush and don't mind waiting for the self-indulgent physical version (with liner notes in Braille).

That said, I was looking forward to what else was coming in 2019 until I highlighted the text...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the film and found it well paced with the right amount of intensity. It was the perfect "teaser" for the score. Now time to dive into it. I'm very stoked to see what's in store here.
    Last edited by valiantsteed; 01-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    For those that have purchased it, what are the specs of the WAV and FLAC downloads? Is either high res than the other?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    When Trent says "physical only", I assume he just means catering to the vinyl only hipsters....I doubt we see any CDs of these although a2/3 hour soundtrack is ripe for a 3 CD set

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

fresh from the Null Corp youtube channel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    When Trent says "physical only", I assume he just means catering to the vinyl only hipsters....I doubt we see any CDs of these although a2/3 hour soundtrack is ripe for a 3 CD set
    If he's releasing hi-res digital, then why bother with a CD release? I can understand frustration with vinyl only tracks, but with digital, CD's are useless.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Damn... 'Undercurrents' got me all hot and bothered.

loooove it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Given some sort of physical version is forthcoming, I opted or the MP3 version for quick uploading to Google Play. Buyer beware, however, the bit rate is 128kbps with a sample rate of 48,000hz. Sounds fine, but some may be unhappy spending $6.99 for it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow, really? Were any of the other mp3 releases 128?

Aside from that, I'm excited that not only is this out, but more is coming. Maybe now's finally the time for those other DEs, and Quake, and Patriots Day, and Still...good thing I got a raise for this year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    For those that have purchased it, what are the specs of the WAV and FLAC downloads? Is either high res than the other?
    The site says "PLEASE NOTE - ALL FILES PURCHASED FROM THE UK STORE WILL NOT BE DELIVERED UNTIL JANUARY 2ND", but no FLACs for me yet, I'll let you know then.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If he's releasing hi-res digital, then why bother with a CD release? I can understand frustration with vinyl only tracks, but with digital, CD's are useless.
    Physical product will always be better than digital only.....Digital are throwaway as far as I am concerned. I prefer the physical release (as do many other people)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FLACs are 24bit 48khz as usual. I bet WAVs are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, as we've learnt certain springs just never come.
    Jokes aside, I think a slew of reissues, DEs and vinyl releases will arrive around Easter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Given some sort of physical version is forthcoming, I opted or the MP3 version for quick uploading to Google Play. Buyer beware, however, the bit rate is 128kbps with a sample rate of 48,000hz. Sounds fine, but some may be unhappy spending $6.99 for it.
    That has to be an error that they'll fix soon. They always do 320kbps MP3, though 48K does slip by, Deviations was 48K.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That has to be an error that they'll fix soon. They always do 320kbps MP3, though 48K does slip by, Deviations was 48K.
    That would be ideal.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I prefer the physical release (as do many other people)
    Wow, Bill, earlier in the thread it was not a big enough rollout for you. Not enough material, and a "step down" from their earlier work. Now they're doing a big fuck-off box set, and it's not gonna be in the right format for you (even though you don't know what format the physical release is yet). Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!
    Last edited by botley; 01-01-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There's no way this got released. It's just like Tapeworm!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!
    I remember Bill saying in 2013 Trent needs to do some aggressive music instead of the minimal sounds of HM...I also remember Bill saying Trent needs to do a tour playing deep cuts with no stage production and get back to doing aggressive NIN shows instead of the phoned in clock punching greatest hits tour of 2013/2014.....I remember Bill getting chastised and lectured for those statements.....Well Billy boy sits and grins after seeing that everything Trent has done from 2016-2018 is the exact same fucking thing Billy had been clamoring for all along.....Trent should heed my advice more often. Just remember, while you guys in 2013 and 2014 were clamoring for gospel singers and 80 year old Palladino sitting in the corner onstage and begging for pop songs like "Everything" to be played with Robs fancy light show and a nice cuddly safe NIN live show experience, Billy boy sat alone in the corner (with prettybrokenspiral) dreaming of the old NIN. The ripped black shirt wearing Trent onstage playing "Happiness In Slavery" and "Perfect Drug" and tearing shit up like the old days.....Only to see it come to life in 2018....and those same people who ripped Billy boy a new asshole in 2013 for wanting an aggressive back to basics approach for NIN are the same ones on their knees sucking Trent off in 2018 claiming it to be the best tour ever...
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 01-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Yeah I was SHOCKED when I opened up the files to see the whole album was only 60mb. I'm hoping for replacement 320kbps replacements at some point tomorrow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Physical product will always be better than digital only.....Digital are throwaway as far as I am concerned. I prefer the physical release (as do many other people)
    Quote Originally Posted by also Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    hipsters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Wow, Bill, earlier in the thread it was not a big enough rollout for you. Not enough material, and a "step down" from their earlier work. Now they're doing a big fuck-off box set, and it's not gonna be in the right format for you (even though you don't know what format the physical release is yet). Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!

Lets be honest. Everything post Purest Feeling has been phoned in.

I thought I would enjoy this score. The idea of it was a bit soured by the lackluster movie but I'm very pleasantly surprised by how strong the music is on its own.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    - this movie was horrible, it's like the Happening but lacks even the camp value of that movie

- the score is exactly the same thing we've come to expect of Trent and Atticus

-the pay wall to extra music via obsolete medium and some expensive special edition makes it worse
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 01-02-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anybody that ordered from the UK site gotten their download link yet? I ordered five hours ago, and, still, nothing.