Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Spring has ended.
    Thanks for the update. But seriously, did you really think it'd be ready by Trent's estimated time-frame? NIN releases always take longer than originally suggested. Let's just hope it actually gets released, unlike some of the other projects that have been announced in the past only to fizzle and never materialize (Closure DVD, Fragile deluxe, Tension Blu-Ray).

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Let's just hope it actually gets released, unlike some of the other projects that have been announced in the past only to fizzle and never materialize (Closure DVD, Fragile deluxe, Tension Blu-Ray).
    We got the Closure DVD for free, four discs of Fragile outtakes, and over an hour of Tension pro-shot online (again, for free). I mean, if that's "never materialize" for NIN, then they have a far better track record than other artists.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    We got the Closure DVD for free, four discs of Fragile outtakes, and over an hour of Tension pro-shot online (again, for free). I mean, if that's "never materialize" for NIN, then they have a far better track record than other artists.
    Yes, I know—I meant official releases. And as much as I love Deviations (bought the vinyl on day one), it's not the "Deluxe Fragile" 5.1 surround sound version that includes vocals that most people have been hoping & waiting for, it's a different beast. As for Tension, there was a lot more that was supposed to be included. But I'm not here to bitch, I'm actually very happy with what we've been given over the course of the past 15 years. Trent has indeed been very generous over the years and given us several projects for free. If the expanded Bird Box never materializes, I'll be fine with that. I'm still looking forward to the Watchmen score and whatever else they've got cooking in the oven.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dont forget the vinyl version of Patriots Day and the vinyl of Gone Girl outtakes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Dont forget the vinyl version of Patriots Day and the vinyl of Gone Girl outtakes
    I wonder why it is so difficult to get this stuff released. My feeling was that it was issues with labels and rights, but I feel like stuff does get release (e.g. Gone Girl Outtakes, instrumentals, etc.). It could be physical release issues, but honestly even that has limits and you would assume if it was real issues then things would eventually just get released digitally. I wish he/they would get better about this stuff or just not mention it and we could be pleasantly surprised when things actually do get released. That Fragile Deluxe has been in my head since they mentioned it forever ago it and I fell like I can never just forget about it... it must be coming out at some point, right? right?!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I think he's just bad about announcing releases (i.e. deadlines) that have become unrealistic in today's market climate..

If anything, it's a good sign that he's passionate about releasing things he feels his fanbase will enjoy, and then the production bureaucracy bullshit eventually takes over..

If the WT/YZ masters were indeed lost in the 2008 Universal Studios fire, and he's just now finding out about this, then that would explain the 2.5 year "Coming Soon" debacle for those releases. He's probably just as pissed as anyone about that. Which one could also assume nixes any kind of Fragile 20th Anniversary release, if those tapes were included in the fire. However, he also released Fragile Apple/Deviations 1, which included a wealth of unheard material, so who knows if he's sitting on anything else..

Quake and The Slip are anyone's quess. One was released by id Software, and the other he owns outright, I believe. There's no real excuse for Patriot's Day never getting a physical release, and I attribute that to Lakeshore being a shitty vanity label who is out of touch with their fanbase, of which I've experienced on numerous occasions, much like SRC Vinyl..

Bird Box Deluxe...who knows. It's maddening, given how much I love the score they did for that film and knowing there's twice as much still out there, with not so much as a word as to why. My initial post in the Random NIN thread about it being the first day of spring and it wasn't getting released was purely tongue-in-cheek, but I'd be remiss if I said there wasn't some truth in jest..

Hopefully, it's just been delayed in production a bit and is coming soon (along with "lots more in 2019") and he just doesn't feel the delay is worth making a Sanddouchebag statement about. I'd like to think TR wouldn't leave his hardcore fanbase hanging like that. Hopefully..

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I'm still confident the Universal backlot fire will not affect NIN's plans much. If anything, TR could jump on a lawsuit that would essentially stipulate "you don't own my masters anymore, because you fucking burned them, assholes, so I'll be releasing everything on Null Corp. from now on instead of your imprint, thanks for returning all royalties in perpetuity".

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    It could be physical release issues, but honestly even that has limits and you would assume if it was real issues then things would eventually just get released digitally.
    I mean, the Gone Girl outtakes already were released, and one of them even was incorporated into the Patriot's Day soundtrack, which had a wide digital release. Honestly, the 'vinyl is our first priority' flex made a bit more sense when they weren't neck-deep in starting a new merch distribution operation, getting the new NIN trilogy completed and launched, organizing a tour, accepting more soundtrack work, etc. etc. More physical releases are sure to come when the time is right.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't think the fire would be a reason for the holdup considering Broken, TDS, and The Fragile were all reissued long after the fire. Either the masters for NIN were stored elsewhere or Trent had them, or he had sufficiently high-quality copies that he felt comfortable working from them instead of the missing masters.

The NYTimes list could be inaccurate, too, because Universal demonstrated over and over that their accounting of the inventory in that vault was woefully inadequate, so maybe it was a set of backup copies in that vault or something.

Bird Box Deluxe being MIA is pretty frustrating but it's become par for the course lately.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've made peace with "we'll get stuff when we get it". For whatever the reason stuff gets in the way and i'm OK with that, i'm just happy we're getting stuff every year.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Last Thing Left is just gorgeous.

I was listening to this while cooking dinner the other evening and stopped to cooking to watch my 18 month old lil boy play with my wife and about lost it lol

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    With all the focus on the new "trilogy" of The Watchmen score, I guess the whole "deluxe" version of Bird Box with 1 extra hour of material is officially gone and into the NIN abyss, joining the likes of Fragile deluxe and Tension blu ray and countless others....Its a shame this score got banished into NIN purgatory considering it was probably their best score since Social Network

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'd be interested to find out how much involvement Netflix had in preparing the deluxe version and if there was a financial component they were going to invest into it and if that has been present throughout or if it had been promised and then later withdrawn.

Just speculating, but I'd be curious to see if any of those potential details could have held this up.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I simply think they ran out of time to work on the physical box before the momentary opportunity to get it out in a timely fashion had passed, and other stuff took priority. It's a great score, but given past problems NIN has had with vinyl distribution and packaging, the time to get it right and make sure it would live up to their own expectations was probably way too short and now the film is not really on the radar anymore. Releasing the Watchmen score in several parts, as the episodes roll out, is a much more thoughtful use of the buzz and exposure the TV show will enjoy. I mean, right now they have all of the top three spots on Amazon's music chart purely on pre-orders for those vinyl volumes, and putting it out in smaller chunks like that will keep it on the streaming charts as well. The giant deluxe box set era, particularly for new work, is sort of winding down now.

I'd love to be proven wrong and get box sets for all the scores and NIN albums, of course!
    Last edited by botley; 10-22-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    From the mockup pictures it appears those holes on the box set are actually holes.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    From the mockup pictures it appears those holes on the box sex are actually holes.
    LOL box sex

(sorry I had to memorialize that perfect typo)

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT under any circumstances, fuck the holes in your Bird Box.

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    the time to get it right and make sure it would live up to their own expectations was probably way too short and now the film is not really on the radar anymore. [...] The giant deluxe box set era, particularly for new work, is sort of winding down now.
    Well, what a difference one month makes! Ordered and downloading the FLAC now...
    Last edited by botley; 11-22-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    $80 for the Bird Box set....yikes...
    I've dropped too much money lately...will have to hold out for a couple of weeks and decide.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Holy shit, it's almost twice as much music as the abridged version has! Also, seems they're not taking any chances with non-alphanumeric characters in the file names this time, heheh.

I mean, if you stan for NIN there should be 0% chance you sleep on a track literally called "STILL FEELS". It has feels of Still, fam.
    Last edited by botley; 11-22-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    £80...and there doesn't look like there's a digital only option either (unless i'm missing something)...fuck, i really can't afford that right before xmas

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    via the email that was sent out

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Bird Box (Extended) - Unboxing Video [backup]

MP4
    video = 1920x1080 H264 AVC
    audio = ~128 kbps M4A @ 44.1 kHz
    link = https://mega.nz/#!KvJxBCCQ!djBQI4ryQ...1z9QzLBEI-YO10

MKV
    video = 1920x1080 H264 AVC
    audio = ~160 kbps OGG @ 48 kHz
    link = https://mega.nz/#!W3YViYwa!B61ojYFDM...OxUSiBden5emVU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to see a tracklisting of this extended version and how it compares to the abridged edition we already got.
    Last edited by perterje; 11-22-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    I would love to see a tracklisting of this extended version and how it compares to the abridged edition we already got.

The abridged version had 10 tracks, this one 23.

SIDE 1
    01. OUTSIDE
    02. UNDERCURRENTS
    SIDE 2
    01. LOOKING FORWARD & BACKWARDS
    02. IT CAN HAPPEN HERE
    03. SLEEP DEPRIVATION
    SIDE 3
    01. TRESPASSER
    02. STILL FEELS
    03. WHAT ISN'T ANYMORE
    SIDE 4
    01. CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
    02. AND IT KEEPS ON COMING
    SIDE 5
    01. DREAMING FORWARDS & BACKWARDS
    02. A HIDDEN MOMENT
    03. EXPOSURE
    SIDE 6
    01. FURTHER OUTSIDE
    02. CAN'T SEEM TO WAKE MYSELF UP
    03. CONTAGION A
    SIDE 7
    01. CONTAGION B
    02. LAST THING LEFT
    03. CONTAGION C
    SIDE 8
    01. SO MUCH TO SEE
    02. INCOMPLETE RESOLUTION
    03. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
    04. MAYBE THIS IS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cobra View Post
    The abridged version had 10 tracks, this one 23.

SIDE 1
    01. OUTSIDE
    02. UNDERCURRENTS

SIDE 2
    01. LOOKING FORWARD & BACKWARDS
    02. IT CAN HAPPEN HERE
    03. SLEEP DEPRIVATION
    SIDE 3
    01. TRESPASSER
    02. STILL FEELS
    03. WHAT ISN'T ANYMORE
    SIDE 4
    01. CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
    02. AND IT KEEPS ON COMING
    SIDE 5
    01. DREAMING FORWARDS & BACKWARDS
    02. A HIDDEN MOMENT
    03. EXPOSURE
    SIDE 6
    01. FURTHER OUTSIDE
    02. CAN'T SEEM TO WAKE MYSELF UP
    03. CONTAGION A
    SIDE 7
    01. CONTAGION B
    02. LAST THING LEFT
    03. CONTAGION C
    SIDE 8
    01. SO MUCH TO SEE
    02. INCOMPLETE RESOLUTION
    03. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
    04. MAYBE THIS IS
    Bolded tracks were part of the abridged version, only in different sequencing.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    More vinyl and digital only...Joy for joy...Just in time for the holiday season. CD consumers eat a dick yet again...
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 11-22-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really want to hear this because I do enjoy what I've heard from a year ago but this is steep. Hoping for a download only option but I imagine this will be treated like Deviations 1.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm not gonna lie, as excited as i am for the DE of with teeth, i am way​ more excited about this! goodbye, money!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What a great surprise. Didn't think we'd see the day!

Really hoping for a 'digital only' option and/or a streaming release soon.

It feels silly to say this since all of TR + AR's score work is so high-quality, but I really do think their music for Bird Box is some of my favorite they've done, which makes the idea of finally getting the unabridged (un-a-BIRDged??), Trent-and-Atticus-go-crazy-midtour-in-hotel-rooms-version extremely exciting. <3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    via the email that was sent out
    Just a little detail, but the URL in the mail redirecting to the video is: https://nin.lnk.to/UnBirdBoxing

I see what they did there