Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Bird Box (2019)

Sounds interesting. Anyone read the book?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Box_(film)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes, it was incredibly creepy and uncomfortable for me, and I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They go into more detail about the scoring here...

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...gQE0dX3ePzGQxU

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    They finished Bird Box 2 hours before hitting the stage in Atlanta. Thought that was pretty crazy how they do all this stuff on the road.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had no idea that they're releasing Bird Box in theaters for an Oscar push. That should be interesting. Can't wait to hear the score.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    New trailer. Maybe new music?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've been looking everywhere for info on this OST with no luck. I hope it's not a digital only release. Something about not having a physical copy (either vinyl, cd, etc) makes it seem like i am missing something from the collection.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I've been looking everywhere for info on this OST with no luck. I hope it's not a digital only release. Something about not having a physical copy (either vinyl, cd, etc) makes it seem like i am missing something from the collection.
    100% agreed!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Movie has leaked. Checking out the music now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay, because I actually want to see this movie and not just skim through it for music, I went to the end credits to check things out. At first, there's a piece that feels very Patriots' Day, nothing mindblowing for TR/AR, but over the majority of the end credits is what I've been waiting for since Reznor announced his would start scoring films...a creepy and intense piece of music MADE for a horror movie. There's a distorted violin loop and a lot of those wonky bell noises from Patriots' Day...I won't keep spoiling.

Really looking forward to sitting down with the film.

Attached is a screenshot from the credits.

Maybe. Fuck Instagram.

A post shared by on

Last edited by paul_guyet; 12-17-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Seems like it's a movie that keeps the score in the background. Couldn't really hear much to be honest. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This definitely seems like another digital EP release. I can't imagine that there's a lot of music for it.

Guess we'll see on Friday.

EDIT: This post aged extremely poorly, in retrospect.
    Last edited by gorast; 11-24-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Someone linked to this tumblr blog on r/nin.

Here are the snippets on this blog (no information indicating these are real though). Will be out soon anyway.

Drawing End : http://arcanumifallet.pcriot.com/fet...rawing_end.mp3

Calm Anticipation : http://arcanumifallet.pcriot.com/fet...icipation2.mp3

And also found this lol : http://arcanumifallet.pcriot.com/fetched/04.%20God%20Break%20Down%20the%20Door.mp3?plead=pl ease-dont-download-this-or-our-lawyers-wont-let-us-host-audio
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 12-19-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

Here are the snippets on this blog (no information indicating these are real though). Will be out soon anyway.

And also found this lol : http://arcanumifallet.pcriot.com/fetched/04.%20God%20Break%20Down%20the%20Door.mp3?plead=pl ease-dont-download-this-or-our-lawyers-wont-let-us-host-audio
    These tracks were in the end credits of the movie. I wonder if they just ripped it from there?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

What is that last one?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What is that last one?
    Someone just messed with the mix of GBDTD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It’s up on US Netflix. The score is very subtle. Fits the movie well. Need repeat viewings/listenings, but I’m digging it so far.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Pretty excited to check this out. The five minute preview sold me pretty hard on it. I'm really surprised though that the soundtrack wasn't released today.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Between this and the Jonah Hill "score", it seems like Trent is just saying yes to every film score that comes his way. I miss the grand rollouts for these big scores like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo....These last 2 have been very forgettable....The Jonah Hill one was a 4 song 12 minute digital download throwaway and this is more of the same

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The Jonah Hill movie had absolutely no budget and he begged Trent to give them whatever he could. So they came up with a small amount of compositions to use in the tiny little film that it was. Perfectly fine with that, especially b/c the output was very good imo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The Jonah Hill movie had absolutely no budget and he begged Trent to give them whatever he could. So they came up with a small amount of compositions to use in the tiny little film that it was. Perfectly fine with that, especially b/c the output was very good imo.
    All of this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Between this and the Jonah Hill "score", it seems like Trent is just saying yes to every film score that comes his way. I miss the grand rollouts for these big scores like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo....These last 2 have been very forgettable....The Jonah Hill one was a 4 song 12 minute digital download throwaway and this is more of the same
    You mean Trent and Atticus are working like normal film composers?? SHOCKING!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    How dare they! They should tour to every city on the planet, and also put out a NIN record every year, and only release huge box-set sized soundtrack albums too! IT'S NOT FAIR.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Have we heard any word on this from Trent Reznor or one of NIN's social media accounts?

I wonder if this is one of the projects they mentioned in that Mexico interview that they are not content with the process.

On the other hand they've been busy touring and are now probably in their well-deserved holidays. So considering that they apparently only contributed a small amount of music to this, the silence is not a big surprise either. Still I'm curious if there are any plans for a release of these tracks.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    You mean Trent and Atticus are working like normal film composers?? SHOCKING!
    They are working more like standard film composers, not elite ones (which they are)...They are at a level where they do not need to compose films or tv shows to pay the bills. They can be selective and choose what they want, so saying yes to Jonah Hill skateboard movies to dump out 4 songs that he can write in his sleep that he composed backstage in the most half baked way possible, or to say yes to some netflix show where 99% of the audience watching it wont give two fucks who the score came from doesnt seem prudent at this juncture of their careers. Carpenter and Morricone and Hans Zimmer do not say yes to everything that they get offered. Next we are going to hear how TR and Atticus are going to score a "very special episode" of Fuller House

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    They are working more like standard film composers, not elite ones (which they are)...They are at a level where they do not need to compose films or tv shows to pay the bills. They can be selective and choose what they want, so saying yes to Jonah Hill skateboard movies to dump out 4 songs that he can write in his sleep that he composed backstage in the most half baked way possible, or to say yes to some netflix show where 99% of the audience watching it wont give two fucks who the score came from doesnt seem prudent at this juncture of their careers. Carpenter and Morricone and Hans Zimmer do not say yes to everything that they get offered. Next we are going to hear how TR and Atticus are going to score a "very special episode" of Fuller House
    Orrrrrr.... hear me out...

They just enjoy making music, and enjoy the process of scoring films. They also, if you can believe it, might also be collaborating with friends or, in Jonah Hill's case, fans, as a courtesy, or just entirely for fun.

I know it's hard to grasp it, but not every musician makes career choices based on the individual needs of every fan.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Orrrrrr.... hear me out...

They just enjoy making music, and enjoy the process of scoring films. They also, if you can believe it, might also be collaborating with friends or, in Jonah Hill's case, fans, as a courtesy, or just entirely for fun.

I know it's hard to grasp it, but not every musician makes career choices based on the individual needs of every fan.
    If you think a 4 song 12 minute digital download "score" is equal to the 2-3 hour scores of Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl, and that he put as much effort into these little 3 or 4 song scores as he did with the others...So be it lol....Thats like saying Bad Witch in all its 25 minute entirety is as big of a magnum opus as the 3 hours of The Fragile.....My point is dumping out these little 3 or 4 song quick toss-off scores seems like throwaways compared to the scores of Social Nework/Dragon/Gone Girl etc

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If you think a 4 song 12 minute digital download "score" is equal to the 2-3 hour scores of Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl, and that he put as much effort into these little 3 or 4 song scores as he did with the others...So be it lol....Thats like saying Bad Witch in all its 25 minute entirety is as big of a magnum opus as the 3 hours of The Fragile.....My point is dumping out these little 3 or 4 song quick toss-off scores seems like throwaways compared to the scores of Social Nework/Dragon/Gone Girl etc
    Alright dude. You've missed the point complete. But alright dude.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    They are at a level where they do not need to compose films or tv shows to pay the bills.
    They've always been at that level.

Carpenter and Morricone and Hans Zimmer do not say yes to everything that they get offered.
    Carpenter would totally say yes to anything that was offered to him if the money was right. That's all he cares about. Morricone may not, but if you think Hans Zimmer is frothing at the mouth to score films like The Boss Baby, you're dead fucking wrong.

Also, Trent has specifically stated that they've been offered films and they've passed on them because they didn't feel like they were a good fit for them. Just because a film may not be your cup of tea or have loads of music attached to it doesn't mean that they're phoning it in.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: the amount of music that's in a film is not up to the composer(s). It's up to the filmmakers. If a director wants a minimalist score, then that's what they'll ask for. It's not as if a director asks for a bombastic score and Trent & Atticus say "nah, we're just going to give you this because that's all we feel like doing". They're working in service to whatever the filmmakers' vision is.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-21-2018 at 11:56 PM.