Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I haven't been going out of my way to pick up TR/AR scores in LP format but I'm definitely hopping on board for this (as well as Watchmen). When the news initially broke that we'd be getting a bigger release down the line, I kept my listens of the original to a minimum, and I'm glad I did. This is one powerful, gripping, frightening work. I'd love nothing more than more horror scores out of the guys. Gonna get me a nice stinky box for my holiday gift to myself come Friday.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Left mine sealed until xmas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I trying to find a outer sleeve for this. I know someone posted the guy that gets the sleeves from the art store. But I don’t really like those plastic bags with the sticky on the back. I use these type of sleeves for my Steelbook movies and they are a pain and don’t want them to stick to the box. I like Sleevie Wonder but his shipping prices are way too expensive and someUK ones don’t ship to Canada. Anyone know where to get these at a decent price as I only need 1.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I trying to find a outer sleeve for this. I know someone posted the guy that gets the sleeves from the art store. But I don’t really like those plastic bags with the sticky on the back. I use these type of sleeves for my Steelbook movies and they are a pain and don’t want them to stick to the box. I like Sleevie Wonder but his shipping prices are way too expensive and someUK ones don’t ship to Canada. Anyone know where to get these at a decent price as I only need 1.
    A transparent bag to fit over this thing? Comic/hobby store, maybe? If you're worried about resealable glue leaking inward, getting a resealable bag that top-loads, or just putting a small piece of paper beside it as a spacer could help.

This is definitely an oversize item, and personally, I wouldn't buy a bag for it from anyone online unless you can really see it up close... otherwise, how do you know it'll fit? As a last resort, maybe ask around at local hardware retailers, maybe one of them has a spare product sleeve that's about 14"x17" with room to hold the thing? I dunno, been a while since I was near Keswick, so I don't know realistically what your local options are. Did I just send you on a wild goose chase or is that sparking any ideas?
    Last edited by botley; 12-10-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've read that those big-ass 2.5 gallon ziplock type bags (Hefty?) will work for box sets, and you can even cut the zipper part off if you want to.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've read that those big-ass 2.5 gallon ziplock type bags (Hefty?) will work for box sets, and you can even cut the zipper part off if you want to.
    Yep, those are Hefty. Ziploc makes 10-gallon versions also, in case you want some extra plastic to fold over, etc. I usually cut a portion of each side and wrap it around rather than putting it inside the bag; think of it like wrapping paper. The 10-gallon ones come in 4 packs and can be purchased for $6–7.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It’s available on Amazon.ca for any Canadians interested. $121.47 Bird Box (Original Soundtrack) (Vinyl) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B081WRC16W/..._qSH8Db1HJXRKG

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yep, those are Hefty. Ziploc makes 10-gallon versions also, in case you want some extra plastic to fold over, etc. I usually cut a portion of each side and wrap it around rather than putting it inside the bag; think of it like wrapping paper. The 10-gallon ones come in 4 packs and can be purchased for $6–7.
    isnt that plastic bad? Shouldn’t it be acid free and what not? I did find some on bags unlimited but it’s in 50qt. I’m trying to get a sample or something as I saw ppl say they got a sample of the big one. Don’t want to buy something to find out I have issues and spend a lot just for 1 lol

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    isnt that plastic bad? Shouldn’t it be acid free and what not? I did find some on bags unlimited but it’s in 50qt. I’m trying to get a sample or something as I saw ppl say they got a sample of the big one. Don’t want to buy something to find out I have issues and spend a lot just for 1 lol
    As long as you don't plan on eating your box set, you should be fine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    As long as you don't plan on eating your box set, you should be fine.

(sorry, rewatching hannibal right now)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I will now be exclusively referring to this release as "Turd-Box"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I’m kind of surprised that the physical release leans so hard into the lore of the movie, given what Trent thinks of it. Maybe he was just speaking from a production standpoint and still enjoyed the concept of the film. It was a little surprising that he ripped it so directly, too, considering how it seems like Patriots Day wasn’t a favorite of theirs either, and he never went into detail about that other than vague allusions.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The book was good-ish, so maybe he liked that enough to make up for the movie?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Where and when did Trent actually talk about how he felt about the film? I've only personally seen him trash Patriot's Day. Would love to see what he thought of that boring ass movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Where and when did Trent actually talk about how he felt about the film? I've only personally seen him trash Patriot's Day. Would love to see what he thought of that boring ass movie.
    Look in the NIN spotting thread for fresh interview

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does the vinyl box have any sort of numbering indicating how limited it is? I definitely want to pick one up at some point but wish I knew if I needed to jump on it or if I can wait it out a bit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Pretty good price on this box set right now from Canadian site MusicVaultz (a direct-to-consumer branch of Universal's warehouse), with 20% discount code currently in effect as you enter 202020 at checkout it comes to $86 CAD plus tax, and free shipping inside Canada.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Nice. That is substantially cheaper than I paid in UK money to NIN.

My copy doesn't appear to smell. Probably a good thing!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Pretty good price on this box set right now from Canadian site MusicVaultz (a direct-to-consumer branch of Universal's warehouse), with 20% discount code currently in effect as you enter 202020 at checkout it comes to $86 CAD plus tax, and free shipping inside Canada.
    Free shipping to the US as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have you received a shipping update on this yet?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Have you received a shipping update on this yet?
    I ordered from nin.com, so no... but they generally ship quickly. Ordered my vinyl reissues of Dr. Dre's 2001 and Queens of the Stone Age's R from there just before New Year's, and they were both here by last week.
    Last edited by botley; 01-10-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I ordered from nin.com, so no... but they generally ship quickly. Ordered my vinyl reissues of Dr. Dre's 2001 and Queens of the Stone Age's R from there just before New Year's, and they were both here by last week.
    There’s a 2001 vinyl? That’s awesome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Oddly enough I got my shipping confirmation about an hour after asking you about it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    There’s a 2001 vinyl? That’s awesome.
    Sounds great, too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question about online "availability." I am not asking for links or that anyone post links; I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80 dollars for the extended edition is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than nin.com, I've been unable to find any other means to download the score. Has anyone been able to find it elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or a no will be fine. I've had no luck and am about to give up the search.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    I have a question about online "availability." I am not asking for links or that anyone post links; I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80 dollars for the extended edition is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than nin.com, I've been unable to find any other means to download the score. Has anyone been able to find it elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or a no will be fine. I've had no luck and am about to give up the search.
    Legally, no.

You get the downloads for purchasing the set, and then you get a download card that can be used on one IP. The downloads are identical, with the exception of the WAV version from the download card being split into 2 zip files.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80,000 for a TESLA is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than Tesla.com, I've been unable to find any other means of stealing the car. Has anyone been able to steal the vehicle elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or no will be fine. People have told me to get a cheaper car or not get the car at all, or to get a job and buy one with my hard-earned money. But who wants to get a job, when you can steal the car from someone else? I know that people spend their own hard-earned money on things they like, but I want it for free. I don't want to pay for it since I can't afford it. It's not fair. I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80,000 for a TESLA is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than Tesla.com, I've been unable to find any other means of stealing the car. Has anyone been able to steal the vehicle elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or no will be fine. People have told me to get a cheaper car or not get the car at all, or to get a job and buy one with my hard-earned money. But who wants to get a job, when you can steal the car from someone else? I know that people spend their own hard-earned money on things they like, but I want it for free. I don't want to pay for it since I can't afford it. It's not fair. I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!
    I want to respond to this in case any other fans are in a similar situation. Your logic is too narrow and not totally realistic. Is stealing music right? Maybe not. Does it boil down to laziness, entitlement, disrespect? Not always. Of course there are people who would rather sit on the couch and play PS4 than go work and pay for what they want. There are also fans, like myself, living with a disability, who are unable to work full time, and who may have very limited income (or no income at all). Trent and Atticus' work provides great relief, hope and inspiration in a situation that can otherwise be quite bleak. If my situation were different I would gladly pay $80 for Bird Box. As a fan who has bought a great number of NIN/Score Work over the years, is it the right decision to exclude myself from an experience because I'm unable to pay for it due to circumstances beyond my control? I don't know for sure. Maybe it isn't right - but your assumption that "I want what I want! And I want it now! And I don't want to have to get up and go to work for it!" isn't always the motivation for piracy.

I don't want to derail this thread but I did want to say what I said in case there are other members who make similar choices when it comes to what they purchase and what they torrent. I'm not saying what is absolutely ethical and what is not. What I'm saying is that that are many peoples' lived experience you're not accounting for with your analogy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Lol $80 I paid $155 CAD after all the shipping and conversion before I knew it be released retailer wide. This cost me
    more then Deviations & for 4 copies cause of all the damage copies I received. Everyone who purchased these from NIN.com have extra codes since we all got a download upon purchase and every copy comes with a download card. If you really want it can’t you just save some money & buy it when you can. There’s tons of stuff we all like to buy weather we are wealthy, poor, students, people that are disabled or the average person. We all have to save up to get things we want and can’t always get them right away. Most use credit cards and don’t even have the money to buy the things we want. I’m sure someone is willing to give there download code away or on Reddit and others willing to charge a fee for there code.
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 01-24-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    No.