Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
They are working more like standard film composers, not elite ones (which they are)...They are at a level where they do not need to compose films or tv shows to pay the bills. They can be selective and choose what they want, so saying yes to Jonah Hill skateboard movies to dump out 4 songs that he can write in his sleep that he composed backstage in the most half baked way possible, or to say yes to some netflix show where 99% of the audience watching it wont give two fucks who the score came from doesnt seem prudent at this juncture of their careers. Carpenter and Morricone and Hans Zimmer do not say yes to everything that they get offered. Next we are going to hear how TR and Atticus are going to score a "very special episode" of Fuller House
LOL. I get what you're saying but Trent IS picking and choosing. I think he's doing what he finds interesting as opposed to what will make him seem like an elite composer or whatever you mean. I do think he should be even more selective and do movies in which the music plays a larger role. These last 2 movies haven't really been about the score at all and that's disappointing. I believe there was a rumor a while back that had them scoring a musical. Now that's something I think he should do; it would be about the music and it would be an interesting challenge for him I'm sure.