Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Can't see this getting Oscar/Golden Globe recognition tbh. The film, I mean. Maybe in technical areas, but not the main ones, best film/actor/actress/director etc...
    Even if it isn't awarded anything, being nominated at least for one Academy Award will continue to extend the movie's profile, what with famous actors involved walking the red carpet etc. etc. Keep in mind, there are a bunch of people who don't pay attention to social media or Netflix, so as long as they get into a couple of those big mainstream awards events, even without cleaning up, it will be a big deal.

The movie has already been so successful, but this could also help with continuing to bring it to more international markets and more theatres on the basis of nominations/additional recognition. My point is that, regardless of how you like the movie or the score, this is an enormous opportunity for TR & AR's work to get in front of more people, and a deluxe score box set would fit right into that plan. If it doesn't happen, I don't foresee another opportunity like this for their work (either as NIN, or under their own names) to do the same.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    My point is that, regardless of how you like the movie or the score, this is an enormous opportunity for TR & AR's work to get in front of more people, and a deluxe score box set would fit right into that plan.
    Hang on, we don't want them to get too in demand as composers. We want score work to be what they do on their off-time from NIN - not the other way around!