Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Hrmm, I didn't realize Netflix had a record label.
    Do they? It looks like all of their releases share a catalog number between them and an actual label.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    OMG! We're one day into spring and we still don't have the expanded edition! Trent & Atticus lied to us!

Sorry.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not sure if I said this yet, I listen to a lot of of scores from a lot of artists, including TR/AR.

I've been listening to Bird Box OST for a couple months now, and I have listened dozens of times with quality headphones.

Bird Box is spectacular and I can't get enough. I love the slow progression, I can feel what is happening and it is very emotional and descriptive. I think every single measure is unique from one another, it's fascinating.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    FOR THOSE INTERESTED, WE WILL BE RELEASING A MORE EXPANSIVE (READ: MORE SELF-INDULGENT) PHYSICAL-ONLY OFFERING THIS SPRING THAT WILL CONTAIN AN ADDITIONAL HOUR OF MUSIC AND ARTWORK THAT COLORS FURTHER OUTSIDE THE LINES… ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!LOTS COMING IN 2019,

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Summer doesn't officially start until June 20, so they technically still have 7 weeks. But come on, we all know to take these things with a grain of salt, right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    American seasons are weird. Here where I live, Spring is officially from March 1 till May 31.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    American seasons are weird. Here where I live, Spring is officially from March 1 till May 31.
    Here in MN, we're still having blizzards and getting a foot of snow in one day in March and April. So yes, they are weird.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The seasons have nothing to do with America. It's entirely based on the equinox and solstice, which has to do with the angle of the equator compared to the sun. If anyone's doing seasons weird, it's your country!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So summer starts in 16 days and still no info.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    So summer starts in 16 days and still no info.
    Living in the same city as Trent, I can tell you Spring hasn't even started here yet.

Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention. Remember that the Tension footage on NIN's official YouTube channel STILL reads: Nine Inch Nails: Tension, an expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release, is coming in Spring 2014 with tons of extra content, 5.1 surround sound, and more.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Living in the same city as Trent, I can tell you Spring hasn't even started here yet.

Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention. Remember that the Tension footage on NIN's official YouTube channel STILL reads: Nine Inch Nails: Tension, an expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release, is coming in Spring 2014 with tons of extra content, 5.1 surround sound, and more.
    I'm still waiting on "the next Peter Murphy album will be a collaboration between Reznor and Murphy"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting on that Zack de la Rocha album that was, apparently, nearly finished before someone pulled the plug.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention.
    It's not a "projection" though. The main site page has a specific message from Trent that reads:

We created a significant amount of music and conceptual sound for Bird Box, a lot of which never made it to your ears in the final version of the film. We’ve decided to present you with this version of the soundtrack record that represents what Bird Box is to us. We hope you enjoy.

For those interested, we will be releasing a more expansive (read: more self-indulgent) physical-only offering this spring that will contain an additional hour of music and artwork that colors further outside the lines… enter at your own risk!

Lots coming in 2019..
    That was on January 2nd, I think? Spring is over in eight days and not so much as a peep has been made concerning Bird Box Deluxe or "lots coming" since. There's a nice goofy Hannah Montana shirt for sale though..

It's whatever. If he'd just said "Bird Box Deluxe coming soon", we'd at least know that meant 2.5 years or longer like the WT/YZ/Quake/PD vinyls..

He can read this and tell me to suck his entire dick or whatever, too, I don't care. As usual, my money is waiting to be spent on the man's art whenever he decides to keep true to his word and release something worth buying. Love you, Trent! Never change.. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Soon

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's not a "projection" though. The main site page has a specific message from Trent that reads:
    Right. And as I pointed out, their YouTube STILL says Tension is coming out in Spring 2014.

We were supposed to get “two major works” in 2017, and we got a five song EP (and Deviations). Bad Witch, which was supposed to release 6-8 months after Add Violence, was released a year later

And as you pointed out, the vinyls have said “coming soon” for years. Granted, that’s not a specific window of time, but it still set up an expectation which wasn’t met.

I’m not saying I love the discrepancy between stated release windows and actual releases, but I’ve been around long enough to know how it works. Literally counting down the remaining days of Spring because a six month old update on their site said “this Spring” is pointless.

In other words, how does it benefit anyone to sit and cross days off of their calendar expecting an announcement before the end of Spring rather than just hanging out and knowing it’ll come when it comes (if it comes)?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I may be wrong but I would assume the reasons for for the delay of the vinyl reissues, along with other things including scores, are mostly the cause of dealings with record labels and film studios. I'm sure that none of us wants these to be released more than Trent, and I can imagine his patience has been worn as thin as ours. Trent and Atticus are artistic people who are driven to move forward so I can understand why some things will take a back seat to their current creative momentum.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Right. And as I pointed out, their YouTube STILL says Tension is coming out in Spring 2014.
    lol, and now we know why people are still holding out hope for that one..

We were supposed to get “two major works” in 2017, and we got a five song EP (and Deviations). Bad Witch, which was supposed to release 6-8 months after Add Violence, was released a year later
    See, I thought 2017 was a boon when it came to NIN. Granted, I'm factoring in the Patriot's Day and Vietnam War film scores, in addition to AV and Deviations. Mind you, this was coming off a hot end to 2016 that saw the BTF score and NTAE. I'm not sure he ever specified what the "two major works" were supposed to entail, but the Sandbag Summer Shenanigans fiasco more than made up for the wait between releases, I felt..

And as you pointed out, the vinyls have said “coming soon” for years. Granted, that’s not a specific window of time, but it still set up an expectation which wasn’t met.
    Brother, you can add that second round of vinyl reissues to the Great Tapeworm and Tension abyss; we're never getting them..

I’m not saying I love the discrepancy between stated release windows and actual releases, but I’ve been around long enough to know how it works. Literally counting down the remaining days of Spring because a six month old update on their site said “this Spring” is pointless.
    Oh, I'm aware of how it goes. I tend to get literal about things like this because a.) never is enough for me when it comes to Trent's music, and b.) we've been spoiled over the past decade with a prolificacy of quality releases that few, if any, can match..

Not to mention Bird Box Abridged is some of my favorite score work they've released yet. So of course I'm foaming for this bigger, deeper experience he's referenced..

In other words, how does it benefit anyone to sit and cross days off of their calendar expecting an announcement before the end of Spring rather than just hanging out and knowing it’ll come when it comes (if it comes)?
    It's part of the fan experience, I guess? I don't know. Like I said, it's whatever. As long as it's made with love and not some slapdash product like the John Crawford stuff, I'll be happy to wait..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think at this point, much like with Robert Smith, when Trent announces something is coming out, you just take it with a grain of salt because there's a 90% chance it is A) not being released or B) will be delayed....That Wish deluxe for The Cure still coming out Fall 2010? Ever since Trent quit social media, he doesn't really communicate with fans anymore *unless he's telling them to suck his cock*, so it would be nice for updates on all these projects. A simple: "Hey guys, we thought about a Tension blu ray but realized its too much money to produce and manufacture a film about a tour that is already forgotten about and you can see that shit on youtube for free, so we bailed on it"...End of discussion......"Hey guys, we planned on releasing a Fragile deluxe in 2010, but with all the film score work, plus new NIN, plus the pain in the ass it is to find all the masters, its been delayed inevitably. One day I will get around to it." Boom. Done....Instead with no updates, we just speculate and speculate and speculate

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Brother, you can add that second round of vinyl reissues to the Great Tapeworm and Tension abyss; we're never getting them..
    Feels like I've been here before...

Oh, right, your post from four days before the abridged version of Bird Box was released:

LMFAO new music Friday and still no Bird Box score release of any kind. I cannot, for the life of me, understand writing an album's worth of score music for a relatively-hyped up film and then not releasing it in any way, shape or form when the movie comes out. We're looking at what's shaping up to be the great Tapeworm of TR/AR score music, I guess..

But anyway, your points are taken, and as you and @Helpmeiaminhell both stated, it would just be nice to get the occasional update from the NIN camp — not about projects which they don't want to announce yet, of course, but stuff like this which has been announced and will most likely miss the previously stated release window.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My guess is that the lukewarm response to the film is what might have delayed and/or killed off the release. Same thing with the Patriots Day vinyl that never came out. I honestly didn't see a lot of people chomping at the bit for an expanded version of their score, so maybe they realized that it wasn't worth the effort. Trent & Atticus are also working on a couple more film scores at the moment, and with the way Hollywood works, they might have just gotten too wrapped up in their other work to focus on the release. My opinion is that, if I didn't throw down any cash for it beforehand, I'm not going to get upset when it doesn't materialize. It's a little annoying when something doesn't come together, but at the same time, I can understand not making it a priority when the response to the news is fairly meh.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    lukewarm response to the film
    I would not exactly call it lukewarm...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The overall vibe seems to be that it was a decent way to kill two hours. The most memorable thing about it seems to be the memes that it produced, not so much the film itself. Reviews were definitely mixed across the board. Some people liked it, but most people seemed to move on from it pretty quickly. The hype train died a fairly quick death once reviews came out and people saw it, which would definitely slow down or put a stop to any album plans. Also, I think most people would agree that Trent & Atticus have done better score work, so while people may have liked what they did on Bird Box, they may be satisfied with the score album that was put out, or they may be wanting other goodies from them more. The response in this thread speaks volumes on how many people really want this to happen. I'd like to see it happen myself, but if it doesn't, I'm okay with that too. It's just not all that high on my list of things that I absolutely need to have right now.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor: (Entire)Cock-tease Extraordinaire

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I personally ADORED the score, and would have loved more...but if we don't then that's that, nothing we can do. At least the original score exists.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It was successful numbers-wise, but the reaction​ to the movie by those who saw it was generally meh.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It was successful numbers-wise, but the reaction​ to the movie by those who saw it was generally meh.
    I think you could say the same for Patriots Day but it has nothing like the popularity Bird Box enjoyed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I think Watchmen will overshadow all of this, and that’s what they’re working on

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think Trent knows by now 99% of the people who buy his scores are hardcore NIN fans who truly don't give a shit about the film and whether it was good or bad. These scores are instrumental NIN albums

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think at this point, much like with Robert Smith, when Trent announces something is coming out, you just take it with a grain of salt because there's a 90% chance it is A) not being released or B) will be delayed....That Wish deluxe for The Cure still coming out Fall 2010? Ever since Trent quit social media, he doesn't really communicate with fans anymore *unless he's telling them to suck his cock*, so it would be nice for updates on all these projects. A simple: "Hey guys, we thought about a Tension blu ray but realized its too much money to produce and manufacture a film about a tour that is already forgotten about and you can see that shit on youtube for free, so we bailed on it"...End of discussion......"Hey guys, we planned on releasing a Fragile deluxe in 2010, but with all the film score work, plus new NIN, plus the pain in the ass it is to find all the masters, its been delayed inevitably. One day I will get around to it." Boom. Done....Instead with no updates, we just speculate and speculate and speculate
    The “hey guys...” update approach is more of a Gary Numan thing. He’s really good that way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Spring has ended.