Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Have any UK orders had a shipping notification? Mine has not.
    Nothing here either... I'm hoping for some movement today as I'm trying not to listen to the digital files until after I've had a chance to listen to the vinyl.

Shipping came to £13.50 if I remember right, so for that I'd hope the two records were posted today for receipt tomorrow, but I don't think I'll see them much before Friday...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    So because i like torturing myself, how does the extended version sound...it's good isn't it?
    Spoiler: It is good. With that being said, its a bummer having heard the other tracks prior and not hearing the new ones until much later. The new ones are great but this is definitely the directors cut of the album. The original release is a tightly knit theatrical cut. That doesnt make either bad...just wish I had never heard the abridged version --- wouldve made hearing the extended version as a whole more appealing. If you ONLY listed to the new tracks, you might get a little bored. Int he context of the whole thing it is great. I would compare it to Thom Yorke's recent Suspiria score. Some parts are great, some parts stick around too long.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    annnnd

officially sold out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    annnnd

officially sold out.
    got an e-mail from merchbar this morning that WT and birdbox are available from them, in case anyone missed out from the nin webstore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    £62 instead of £80 for it from them

That’s quite a difference

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wait a second, so the vinyl is limited? So if we miss on the expressive vinyl package we can't get the download...REALLY?

Surely there has to be a download only option coming...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    £62 instead of £80 for it from them

That’s quite a difference
    Alas, at that price there'll be import fees, and so post office handling fees. I'd expect it to more or less even out.

But if it makes it to Amazon I'd expect it to be a bit cheaper.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    annnnd

officially sold out.
    I was just on the product page and it said sold out...I refreshed and you can place an order again. Keep trying.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Weird how they could afford proper packaging for this release for $80 when they could only afford dollar store bottom barrel single gatefold thin cardboard for Deviations at $80.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wait a second, so the vinyl is limited? So if we miss on the expressive vinyl package we can't get the download...REALLY?

Surely there has to be a download only option coming...
    That's actually the only issue I have with these releases. I love the vinyl push, but I wish buying them wasn't the only way to hear these new releases. I feel like if I was releasing the ultimate versions of my music, I'd want them on every storefront digitally and on every streaming service. Especially if I put as much work into them as they seem to have done. Ah well, I got mine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    That's actually the only issue I have with these releases. I love the vinyl push, but I wish buying them wasn't the only way to hear these new releases. I feel like if I was releasing the ultimate versions of my music, I'd want them on every storefront digitally and on every streaming service. Especially if I put as much work into them as they seem to have done. Ah well, I got mine.
    I do wonder if because Trent is so tech-savvy, he knows full well that people who want the vinyl will buy it and those who just want the music will acquire it one way or another - i.e. legitimate streaming service or less legal means.

I'm assuming the fact its now sold out (or close to selling out) is just the initial batch and that there will be more to come because it never said it was a limited edition? I guess if you're a smaller independent artist (relatively speaking) doing this stuff it must be hard to gauge demand when you have to pony up the cash for an initial run of x number of expensive-to-produce boxsets.

Would be really interesting to hear from Trent on this stuff particularly in the current streaming-dominated world we live to see just how these things are planned out.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think its interesting there was crickets for 11 months on the NIN/TR front and now new soundtracks and deluxe editions are dropping like every day at exorbitant prices....Just in time for the holiday shopping season!...What a coincidence....Looks like Trent is taking a master class from Maynard on how to fuck your diehard/obsessive fans...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think its interesting there was crickets for 11 months on the NIN/TR front...
    Yeah it's almost as if they were busy doing shit. The nerve...

And no, it's not at all like the shit Tool pulled. They said straight away there were two versions of the Bird Box score. The only question was when the expanded would be available.

I gotta say your act is getting awfully stale and I know I'm not alone in saying that.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So because i like torturing myself, how does the extended version sound...it's good isn't it?
    It's the best piece of dark ambient they've done. Tangerine Trent & Lustmord Ross.

Holy shit, I want to do a track-by-track review, but there's still plenty of people that haven't heard it.

"Dreaming Forwards & Backwards" is probably my favorite. This goes directly into "A Hidden Moment". And then... directly into "Exposure". "Exposure" is my second favorite, and I feel it's even more unsettling than "Consummation".

There is a door shutting / train going over tracks noise present in several of these songs. Is that the Folktek Luminist Garden?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    My physical copy just arrived, yaaay! I'm at work all day and can't listen to it, boooo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got a call from my wife who is at home on mat leave. My order has arrived !! WT and BB. I can't believe they both arrived here in Canada so quickly !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Holy shit, I want to do a track-by-track review, but there's still plenty of people that haven't heard it.
    Would love a track-by-track review!

I'm starting to kick myself for sleeping on this. On the plus side, its SOLD OUT status seems to be fluctuating....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I gotta say your act is getting awfully stale and I know I'm not alone in saying that.
    Seriously.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Describing it won't spoil us, except for something very special. Go ahead, it will be a pleasure to come back to what you said once I have it, and reading it now can just fuel my imagination.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Reznor2112 is spot-on with the description he made above. Personally I'm not disappointed, but the abridged version is already very good and feels "complete". The full version is really for the hardcore fans.Trent said it himself: "more self-indulgent". It's a bit of that. The new tracks are more ambient in style and contains many elements and themes from the tracks we all heard previously. I'm torn, I don't know which version I prefer actually.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    How has anyone received this already? I ordered WT and BB less than 20 mins after they went on sale and I haven't even gotten a shipping notification...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Have any UK orders had a shipping notification? Mine has not.
    Just noticed that on the UK store it's listed as preorder that will ship the week of December 2nd. I'm guessing if WT was ordered at the same they'll be shipped together.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    How has anyone received this already? I ordered WT and BB less than 20 mins after they went on sale and I haven't even gotten a shipping notification...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Just noticed that on the UK store it's listed as preorder that will ship the week of December 2nd. I'm guessing if WT was ordered at the same they'll be shipped together.
    They ship out of California, so the closer you are to there the faster you’ll get your order. As for when they ship, it could be totally random.

The U.S. store has that same preorder thing but it seems to mean nothing given that Bird Box is shipping now. Maybe it pushes you to the back of the line if you order it by itself.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    They ship out of California, so the closer you are to there the faster you’ll get your order. As for when they ship, it could be totally random.
    are you sure that’s true for orders from the UK store? If they were all being fulfilled from CA, I’d expect there to be one stock level, but there’s a separate one for the uk store.

I’m not sure it was listed as preorder on the UK store initially but I ordered so fast I could have just missed it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm quite sure they'll be coming from the UK.

I, too, wondered if mention of the preorder was added later - if not, I'm very surprised I didn't spot it when I placed the order.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No idea if this is legit or not, but someone on reddit pried the cardboard on the bottom of the box up and found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...bottom_of_the/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    No idea if this is legit or not, but someone on reddit pried the cardboard on the bottom of the box up and found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...bottom_of_the/
    no i 100% believe that's legit, especially given the teaser video (was it there? or in one of the photos?) showing a feather next to the box. holy shit that is ​so cool

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is fucking rad. I can't wait to deface my copy of Bird Box when it arrives.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah that’s fucking great. Really fucking cool attention to detail.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I guess Trent used all the packaging budget for deviations on...um.....
    Last edited by tony.parente; 11-25-2019 at 07:23 PM.