Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    So summer starts in 16 days and still no info.
    Living in the same city as Trent, I can tell you Spring hasn't even started here yet.

Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention. Remember that the Tension footage on NIN's official YouTube channel STILL reads: Nine Inch Nails: Tension, an expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release, is coming in Spring 2014 with tons of extra content, 5.1 surround sound, and more.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Living in the same city as Trent, I can tell you Spring hasn't even started here yet.

Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention. Remember that the Tension footage on NIN's official YouTube channel STILL reads: Nine Inch Nails: Tension, an expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release, is coming in Spring 2014 with tons of extra content, 5.1 surround sound, and more.
    I'm still waiting on "the next Peter Murphy album will be a collaboration between Reznor and Murphy"

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Also, as mentioned above, anyone who takes NIN's date projections literally either hasn't been around very long or isn't paying attention.
    It's not a "projection" though. The main site page has a specific message from Trent that reads:

We created a significant amount of music and conceptual sound for Bird Box, a lot of which never made it to your ears in the final version of the film. We’ve decided to present you with this version of the soundtrack record that represents what Bird Box is to us. We hope you enjoy.

For those interested, we will be releasing a more expansive (read: more self-indulgent) physical-only offering this spring that will contain an additional hour of music and artwork that colors further outside the lines… enter at your own risk!

Lots coming in 2019..
    That was on January 2nd, I think? Spring is over in eight days and not so much as a peep has been made concerning Bird Box Deluxe or "lots coming" since. There's a nice goofy Hannah Montana shirt for sale though..

It's whatever. If he'd just said "Bird Box Deluxe coming soon", we'd at least know that meant 2.5 years or longer like the WT/YZ/Quake/PD vinyls..

He can read this and tell me to suck his entire dick or whatever, too, I don't care. As usual, my money is waiting to be spent on the man's art whenever he decides to keep true to his word and release something worth buying. Love you, Trent! Never change.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's not a "projection" though. The main site page has a specific message from Trent that reads:
    Right. And as I pointed out, their YouTube STILL says Tension is coming out in Spring 2014.

We were supposed to get “two major works” in 2017, and we got a five song EP (and Deviations). Bad Witch, which was supposed to release 6-8 months after Add Violence, was released a year later

And as you pointed out, the vinyls have said “coming soon” for years. Granted, that’s not a specific window of time, but it still set up an expectation which wasn’t met.

I’m not saying I love the discrepancy between stated release windows and actual releases, but I’ve been around long enough to know how it works. Literally counting down the remaining days of Spring because a six month old update on their site said “this Spring” is pointless.

In other words, how does it benefit anyone to sit and cross days off of their calendar expecting an announcement before the end of Spring rather than just hanging out and knowing it’ll come when it comes (if it comes)?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Right. And as I pointed out, their YouTube STILL says Tension is coming out in Spring 2014.
    lol, and now we know why people are still holding out hope for that one..

We were supposed to get “two major works” in 2017, and we got a five song EP (and Deviations). Bad Witch, which was supposed to release 6-8 months after Add Violence, was released a year later
    See, I thought 2017 was a boon when it came to NIN. Granted, I'm factoring in the Patriot's Day and Vietnam War film scores, in addition to AV and Deviations. Mind you, this was coming off a hot end to 2016 that saw the BTF score and NTAE. I'm not sure he ever specified what the "two major works" were supposed to entail, but the Sandbag Summer Shenanigans fiasco more than made up for the wait between releases, I felt..

And as you pointed out, the vinyls have said “coming soon” for years. Granted, that’s not a specific window of time, but it still set up an expectation which wasn’t met.
    Brother, you can add that second round of vinyl reissues to the Great Tapeworm and Tension abyss; we're never getting them..

I’m not saying I love the discrepancy between stated release windows and actual releases, but I’ve been around long enough to know how it works. Literally counting down the remaining days of Spring because a six month old update on their site said “this Spring” is pointless.
    Oh, I'm aware of how it goes. I tend to get literal about things like this because a.) never is enough for me when it comes to Trent's music, and b.) we've been spoiled over the past decade with a prolificacy of quality releases that few, if any, can match..

Not to mention Bird Box Abridged is some of my favorite score work they've released yet. So of course I'm foaming for this bigger, deeper experience he's referenced..

In other words, how does it benefit anyone to sit and cross days off of their calendar expecting an announcement before the end of Spring rather than just hanging out and knowing it’ll come when it comes (if it comes)?
    It's part of the fan experience, I guess? I don't know. Like I said, it's whatever. As long as it's made with love and not some slapdash product like the John Crawford stuff, I'll be happy to wait..

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Brother, you can add that second round of vinyl reissues to the Great Tapeworm and Tension abyss; we're never getting them..
    Feels like I've been here before...

Oh, right, your post from four days before the abridged version of Bird Box was released:

LMFAO new music Friday and still no Bird Box score release of any kind. I cannot, for the life of me, understand writing an album's worth of score music for a relatively-hyped up film and then not releasing it in any way, shape or form when the movie comes out. We're looking at what's shaping up to be the great Tapeworm of TR/AR score music, I guess..

But anyway, your points are taken, and as you and @Helpmeiaminhell both stated, it would just be nice to get the occasional update from the NIN camp — not about projects which they don't want to announce yet, of course, but stuff like this which has been announced and will most likely miss the previously stated release window.