Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80,000 for a TESLA is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than Tesla.com, I've been unable to find any other means of stealing the car. Has anyone been able to steal the vehicle elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or no will be fine. People have told me to get a cheaper car or not get the car at all, or to get a job and buy one with my hard-earned money. But who wants to get a job, when you can steal the car from someone else? I know that people spend their own hard-earned money on things they like, but I want it for free. I don't want to pay for it since I can't afford it. It's not fair. I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I'm not looking to violate any rules. $80,000 for a TESLA is a bit beyond my price range at the moment. Other than Tesla.com, I've been unable to find any other means of stealing the car. Has anyone been able to steal the vehicle elsewhere? Again, I'm not asking where - just a yes or no will be fine. People have told me to get a cheaper car or not get the car at all, or to get a job and buy one with my hard-earned money. But who wants to get a job, when you can steal the car from someone else? I know that people spend their own hard-earned money on things they like, but I want it for free. I don't want to pay for it since I can't afford it. It's not fair. I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!
    I want to respond to this in case any other fans are in a similar situation. Your logic is too narrow and not totally realistic. Is stealing music right? Maybe not. Does it boil down to laziness, entitlement, disrespect? Not always. Of course there are people who would rather sit on the couch and play PS4 than go work and pay for what they want. There are also fans, like myself, living with a disability, who are unable to work full time, and who may have very limited income (or no income at all). Trent and Atticus' work provides great relief, hope and inspiration in a situation that can otherwise be quite bleak. If my situation were different I would gladly pay $80 for Bird Box. As a fan who has bought a great number of NIN/Score Work over the years, is it the right decision to exclude myself from an experience because I'm unable to pay for it due to circumstances beyond my control? I don't know for sure. Maybe it isn't right - but your assumption that "I want what I want! And I want it now! And I don't want to have to get up and go to work for it!" isn't always the motivation for piracy.

I don't want to derail this thread but I did want to say what I said in case there are other members who make similar choices when it comes to what they purchase and what they torrent. I'm not saying what is absolutely ethical and what is not. What I'm saying is that that are many peoples' lived experience you're not accounting for with your analogy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    No.