Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE Song Debut Predictions

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    yeah but how will they do Pilgrimage ? I hope for a full band marching through the crowd.
    I feel like such a dork because I've got chills imagining them playing that in New Orleans where Trent got that bar full of drunks to do the chanting vocals and samples on it twenty years ago.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I feel like such a dork because I've got chills imagining them playing that in New Orleans where Trent got that bar full of drunks to do the chanting vocals and samples on it twenty years ago.
    You are, in fact, a dork. But you're on a forum populated by similarly styled dorks, so it's ok.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You are, in fact, a dork. But you're on a forum populated by similarly styled dorks, so it's ok.
    Hey speak for yourself, i'm a nerd...wait

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't believe we're ever getting Fragile in full. Just too many weird new songs to learn for a one-off kind of performance.
    I think the best we can hope for here is Left CD in full, but not the whole album.
    I don't believe, I just hope. I mean, aside from six tracks, they have, at one point or another, played the whole album. Plus, if they do learn the whole thing, they can then randomly pepper in deep cuts from The Fragile into future shows, so it wouldn't have to be a wasted effort. I'd have thought this less possible if not for the CBI setlists and how deep and weird they are.

Also, can anyone else picture a pretty awesome transition from "In Two" to "Underneath It All"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I see my violent heart and Where is everybody being played in the next concerts

And there is a chance of Fragile left side , they can put Pilgrimage as the intro and play all the other songs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Ex..cuse me? Source?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Ex..cuse me? Source?
    http://www.nin.wiki/Pilgrimage

Although that only says that the Buddha Boys Choir was named after the bar over the street; I have heard it said before that some of the regulars from there formed part of the choir. But perhaps that was legend since it didn't make it to ninwiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, I'll give this a shot.

The Great Below, Down In It, The Fragile and Heresy will return. The Four of Us Are Dying and Not Anymore will be debuted.

I'm going on record that there's zero chance of WITT coming back, given how hard it is to sing. Feel free to -100 if I'm wrong though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Trent screaming the end of Happiness in Slavery and adjusting songs to fit his range as needed lately makes me think the vocal issues for WITT are irrelevant now but who knows with him? I’m still surprised Not Anymore hasn’t been brought out at all by now.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, speaking of Not Anymore: I TOTALLY expect that one and The Idea of You to be played.

And I'll say it again: I'm CERTAIN WITT will return.

Also, although my money is still on a full PHM, if we don't get that, I think we'll DEFINITELY get DII. And we'll probably get ringfinger too.

Memorabilia wouldn't surprise me in the least, nor would Get Down Make Love.

And, again, Scary Monsters is pretty damned likely.
    As far as Bowie goes, less likely but still entirely possible are The Heart's Filthy Lesson and Halo Spaceboy. Ashes to Ashes is another possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given the distaste Trent has expressed for some of PHM in the past I'm personally not counting on a full album performance, but it would be great to be proven wrong. Imagine the crowd going wild when Head Like A Hole is played first.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh yeah, speaking of Not Anymore: I TOTALLY expect that one and The Idea of You to be played.
    I would be surprised if he didn't debut the rest of the EPs on this tour as well. Maybe "She's Gone Away" will pop back up. I remember thinking how huge and filthy it was when they played it at Webster Hall last year.

Anyone else think an EP show (all three back-to-back-to-back) could be in the cards for one of the LA nights?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

Anyone else think an EP show (all three back-to-back-to-back) could be in the cards for one of the LA nights?

Ooo I'd love to see that. As much as I love classic NIN the Trilogy is incredible and all three together live would be an experience.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I suppose I've been ignoring my own thread for long enough, and should officially enter the fray myself. So, I'll go for:

Heresy
    Into the Void
    The Warning
    Disappointed

Here's looking forward to my sub-negative-two-hundred score!

I'm actually wondering if either points for correct predictions should be raised a bit, or penalties for incorrect predictions should be lowered. If anyone else has opinions, let me know, otherwise they'll probably just stay as they are.

One thing I hadn't considered pointwise, really, was the full-album prediction. I'd think that would be worth more than just the sum of the unplayed songs, especially for the more unlikely ones. IMO the only one that's actually feasible would be TDS, or possibly one of the trilogy. Perhaps a different point scale per album, something like:

(moved these to the main post in the thread, in case I edit them later, so there's not two lists which get out of sync)
    Last edited by xolotl; 11-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We're In This Together
    No You Don't
    Please
    Deep
    Quake Main Theme (Track 1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Underneath it all
    Please
    Ruiner
    Get down make love
    Right where it belongs
    God given

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    Underneath it all
    Please
    Ruiner
    Get down make love
    Right where it belongs
    God given
    This is actually a pretty probable list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    http://www.nin.wiki/Pilgrimage

Although that only says that the Buddha Boys Choir was named after the bar over the street; I have heard it said before that some of the regulars from there formed part of the choir. But perhaps that was legend since it didn't make it to ninwiki.

The bar across the street from the old Nothing Studios is called the Buddha Belly. It's still there. I played a gig there once. I've read that Trent would sometimes "audition" potential Nothing artists there with Dave Ogilvie engineering and being in charge of setting up these performances.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ And, from that same bar they recruited the "Buddha Debutante Choir" for TDTWWA 'backing chants', which I believe TR described (in that Kurt Loder interview for 120 Minutes late 1999) as the "most atonal group of females" ever assembled, heheh.
    Last edited by botley; 11-10-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Zoo station!!!

I am listening this song, and holy shit , this song fixes so well with the idea of the tour

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ah right, the tour picks back up again tonight! Thought I had another week or so for some reason, was planning on collating all the "votes" to summarize, beforehand, though that may not happen now. NIN hits the stage at 21:20 (GMT-6) -- or 03:20 GMT on the 19th -- so y'all have a little over five hours to get some predictions in!

I was thinking that perhaps the scoring should have some modifications to allow predictions to occur throughout the tour as well. Like we use the suggested scoring for any predictions which come in before tonight's show starts, but perhaps have diminishing returns pointwise for each show "missed" thereafter. Anyway, for full marks, get your predictions in soon.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Okay, predictions (for full point values, anyway) are officially closed. We'll say maybe a -10 point deduction per show missed, for predictions posted after this point? Sure, why not.

I've collated the predictions (in order they were posted) - in some cases I had to make some judgements as to whether folks were making actual predictions or just wishing; I'm open to changing the "official register" if you think I've put anything on here which shouldn't be (or something which should be on here but isn't). I used to have all this inline in this post, but the canonical location is now just in the first post of the thread. So look in there!

I should continue to mention here that I am willing to award +2 points for the following cheeky votes:

Dryalex12

A Song

theimage13

Numerous Songs

elevenism

Numerous songs from several different albums
    Last edited by xolotl; 11-19-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I just updated the main page with the current scores (as they'd stand if the tour were to end today). Obviously with only a single show gone past, in which no new songs were debuted, everyone except for those few cheeky bonus guesses is sitting at negative points. Here's hoping we get some more interesting updates as the tour goes on!

Once the tour's wrapped up, I'll post the final scores as their own post, but for now I'm just gonna keep 'em on the main post.
    Last edited by xolotl; 11-19-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Now that Happiness In Slavery, The Perfect Drug and And All That Could Have Been are out of the way, I'd actually like to go with Everything.

This is still more of a wish or a hope for it than anything though.

And with Bad Witch being the way it is, it would be cool to see Videodrones; Questions and Driver Down, but that's also still my wishful thinking talking.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If i manage to get into a positive score i'll be amazed (and the tour would be AMAZING!)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Honestly, I still can't believe they haven't played The Idea Of You by now. Either it sounded terrible during rehearsal or... I have no clue tbh.

I think we're gonna see it at one of the L.A. shows.

As far as deep deep cuts go, my money would be on Leaving Hope or WITT in L.A or Vegas.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I see my violent heart and Where is everybody being played in the next concerts

And there is a chance of Fragile left side , they can put Pilgrimage as the intro and play all the other songs
    Just listening to Year Zero on a train journey and the way he did The Lovers gives me hope for My Violent Heart and Zero Sum

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    yeah but how will they do Pilgrimage ? I hope for a full band marching through the crowd.
    Robin does the riff, Trent plays sax, Ilan does some weird drumming. It could sound decent.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-22-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just listening to Year Zero on a train journey and the way he did The Lovers gives me hope for My Violent Heart and Zero Sum
    See... Zero Sum is another one that just boggles my mind on why it hasn't been played live.

On the other hand, as much as I love My Violent Heart, I just don't see how it can translate well in a live setting. I don't think real drums would do the song justice.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    See... Zero Sum is another one that just boggles my mind on why it hasn't been played live.

On the other hand, as much as I love My Violent Heart, I just don't see how it can translate well in a live setting. I don't think real drums would do the song justice.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure Zero Sum was a regular live track during the year zero and a little while after. Remember it was used as a set closer over hurt a few times...i didn't dream that did i?...NO i didn't, it's on my phone, the live version is KILLER!

*Edit, your probably referring to this tour aren't you, ignore me!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 11-22-2018 at 10:01 AM.