Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE Song Debut Predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Heh, I'm actually not gonna add that in to your official votes, since that was put in after the presence of a piano at last night's show was confirmed. No cheating, you!

Of course, with that call, we still have zero correct predictions, out of six debuts. Go us!

I'm on the fence about attributing In This Twilight to Halo Infinity, since I don't think that was intended to be a real prediction. If I include that, I'll also be including the other jokes in that post.
    you got me

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I updated the main post with this, but for the record here as well:

NIN's Cold and Black and Infinite 2018 tour has now officially wrapped up, and we have learned at least one thing: we are terrible at predicting NIN setlists. Total new song debuts: 7. Total correct guesses: 0. To be fair, the only debuted songs in the second half of the tour were either HTDA "covers" (is it really a cover if every bandmember apart from Rob Sheridan was onstage?), or due to Mike Garson being around, but still: one of us really should've put our virtual money on some HTDA appearances. I mean, come on, folks.

Anyway, since there were no actual "real" points given to anyone over this whole thing, we must be a little fuzzier with our placements:
    • If we take into account the cheeky "a song will be played" style votes which I'd given 2 points to, Dryalex12 technically wins the contest, by virtue of low voting standards. Well done!
    • If we ignore those, loopcloses is the more "proper" winner, being the first person to bet so conservatively (only a single track), and so was punished less for the wrong prediction than nearly everyone else.
    • Esperanzan gets an honorable mention, since I allowed the vote "NOT We're In This Together" to provide some points. Apart from the shenanigans mentioned above, these were the only positive points on the board! Though it was quite offset by the rest of Esperanzan's enthusiastic voting.
    • A further honorable mention goes to K-Rice, for being bold enough to put in a vote for "all of The Fragile", which put the initial score way down to the very bottom, where it stayed for the remainder of the game. Shoot for the stars!

That's about it, really! I still think that this idea could be expanded into a more general "setlist prediction" game, which could be used on future tours, but I suspect that would be a hell of a lot of work for not much gain. Time will tell!

Thanks for engaging in this bit of silliness with me -- this was a truly stellar tour, and it was awesome watching it unfold.
    Last edited by xolotl; 12-16-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    opening the encore with what child is this/greensleeves was weird and awesome and a lot of people were utterly confused. (hahaha-- someone near me was like, "is that paul shaffer?" i have overheard some incredibly dumb shit at nin shows, but that was just like... wtf?) the whole thing felt very david lynch, especially with the red & green logos.

anyway, when tr came onstage he said something to the effect of "bet no one picked that in the setlist sweepstakes!", which made me laugh.
    Hahaha, was that a nod to this thread??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    it sure felt like one!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to this thread coming back whenever the next tour is!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Haah, that would be amazing. My wife had been joking that TR was probably keeping an eye on this thread and specifically not playing anything that anyone had guessed.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Haah, that would be amazing. My wife had been joking that TR was probably keeping an eye on this thread and specifically not playing anything that anyone had guessed.
    If he had been doing that you can bet he'd have at least worked out a way to start playing one of our more obscure picks then go straight into HLAH or something, just to troll us!