Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE Song Debut Predictions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure Zero Sum was a regular live track during the year zero and a little while after. Remember it was used as a set closer over hurt a few times...i didn't dream that did i?...NO i didn't, it's on my phone, the live version is KILLER!

*Edit, your probably referring to this tour aren't you, ignore me!

Zero Sum has never been played live, ever. The piano outro was played to close the Lights In The Sky tour.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Zero Sum has never been played live, ever. The piano outro was played to close the Lights In The Sky tour.
    My bad, you are quite right. The live version i have is In This Twilight with the Zero Sum outro...why the hell did i title it Zero Sum?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    See... Zero Sum is another one that just boggles my mind on why it hasn't been played live.

On the other hand, as much as I love My Violent Heart, I just don't see how it can translate well in a live setting. I don't think real drums would do the song justice.
    Maybe he found the speaking voice element didn't work? This is why I think Idea of You hasn't been played either, as it's spoken / whispered, same with My Violent Heart
    @Haysey yes they played the final instrumental part but only as an outro, I want to hear the full song

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    On the other hand, as much as I love My Violent Heart, I just don't see how it can translate well in a live setting. I don't think real drums would do the song justice.
    Yeah, I'd love to see it attempted, but I suspect you may be right. It's one of those songs that really benefits from studio fiddling. I actually have the same issue with the live versions of Only; I've never really thought that song's been done justice -- really seems to benefit from being tightly-edited. I'll throw No, You Don't in the mix a bit as well - that song already starts at 11, and it's easy for the studio version to add intensity where required, but I've always felt the live versions lack that extra little push.

Not that I dislike any of those live, I'd be very happy to see any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe he found the speaking voice element didn't work? This is why I think Idea of You hasn't been played either, as it's spoken / whispered, same with My Violent Heart
    'course, then they go up there and do The Lovers where he's literally holding a speaker up to the mic to do the spoken bits, so I think if he wanted to do it, he'd probably find a way.
    Last edited by xolotl; 11-22-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

They can do it just like they do Me, I'm Not, Vessel, The Warning, and The Great Destroyer. Noisy and electronic af

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Heresy coming out in Vegas. I'll be wrong but i'm going to say it anyway.
    Last edited by cdm; 12-03-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: i was wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like the guy that guessed no new songs might end up being the winner here...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Looks like the guy that guessed no new songs might end up being the winner here...
    I don't know if you saw but there's approximately 3000 shows in California. And that was the first one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Heh, I don't think anyone's officially taken that bet yet, actually.

I've always felt that the most likely time for more debuts was during their six-day LA residency, so that's where my money is. Though as I've said elsewhere, even if they don't debut anything else, this has been one hell of a tour. I'd mostly just feel a bit sheepish for putting so much thought into a useless thread, should it turn out that way.

I've actually been wondering if something like this could be done for whatever 2019 dates end up popping up. Sort of a Tour Setlist Predictions thread or something. Though I feel like something like that would benefit from being a full-on webpage thing, which I don't think I'd be willing to spend the time on. Plus, with a stable band and a seeming dedication to keeping tour visuals stripped down, I suspect that their song rotations may not change much for future tours, barring any new music which comes out.

Edit: Also, I've changed my mind about the point reductions for voting while the tour is already underway. Doesn't really make sense for the most part. I'm keeping a point reduction in case anyone now votes for "no debuts", though. If you want to get any points for that, be sure to vote in the next few days; that vote's already down to just 20pts.
    Last edited by xolotl; 12-01-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what, I'm betting that there will be no debuts for the last six nights. My prediction is it's just gonna be the same songs in different variations. They've settled into a groove with these shows.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You know what, I'm betting that there will be no debuts for the last six nights. My prediction is it's just gonna be the same songs in different variations. They've settled into a groove with these shows.
    Heh, spoilers thread is indicating at least one new HTDA song tonight, woo! Which... I wonder why nobody thought to guess any HTDA songs? Seems obvious in hindsight that he might bring Mariqueen onstage for the LA dates. Anyway, I'm keeping your original votes, no backsies. You can languish in the negative points along with everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Heh, spoilers thread is indicating at least one new HTDA song tonight, woo! Which... I wonder why nobody thought to guess any HTDA songs? Seems obvious in hindsight that he might bring Mariqueen onstage for the LA dates. Anyway, I'm keeping your original votes, no backsies. You can languish in the negative points along with everyone else.
    I should have definitely waited to make that bet. Still, it’s a win-win situation!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Okay, was hoping to get a bit more confirmation about the two HTDA debuts before updating, but I'm already a good 90 minutes overdue for sleep and I'm excited to have some "real" points to deduct from literally everyone, so I've gone ahead and updated the first post. Now we're all doing even worse than we were!

Good times, good times.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Perhaps there's a chance that Every Day Is Exactly The Same is going to eventually make an appearance this time around.

It also still seems extremely unlikely and highly unrealistic, but I'm actually still holding out for Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, The Only Time and Ringfinger. (As in some or even just one of them.)

I am also willing to predict that there probably might be a Pretty Hate Machine concert in next tour if not this one. But that wouldn't really count so I would just hope/wish it happens any time this month then.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Perhaps there's a chance that Every Day Is Exactly The Same is going to eventually make an appearance this time around.

It also still seems extremely unlikely and highly unrealistic, but I'm actually still holding out for Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, The Only Time and Ringfinger. (As in some or even just one of them.)
    Heh, are you officially appending to your original vote?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yay I’m in last place! Do I win anything if nobody made a worse prediction than me for the final few shows?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    Yay I’m in last place! Do I win anything if nobody made a worse prediction than me for the final few shows?
    If we don't get any more debuts, "most negative" is probably gonna be about the most interesting result, so I'd say probably!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Have they played Only this tour so far? Because they just played that shit - with lasers.

And Good Soldier holy shit!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow trent is laughing at us in this moment hahahahahaha

This should be the worst contest ever

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    Hah, our scores do all seem likely to be fairly pathetic. Two more shows, we shall see!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Heh, are you officially appending to your original vote?
    Something like that, but either way I'm just having fun with it.

Wow trent is laughing at us in this moment hahahahahaha
    Well then. In This Twilight confirmed.

The Great Below and/or The Big Come Down has arrived.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict either all of TDS will appear
    tonight, or at least “Heresy”.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    If they get TDS, I'm done with my life.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    If they get TDS, I'm done with my life.
    Just to intensify the sting, he’ll probably perform the title track and sing all of the lyrics to it, unlike previous largely instrumental versions.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't anticipate any more surprises. The band is tired. They probably just want this tour to be over. If anything is going to be played in full tonight or tomorrow, it'll be broken. At the most, I can see a guest appearance on the Saturday show, but that's all. Song debuts are over.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I don't anticipate any more surprises. The band is tired. They probably just want this tour to be over. If anything is going to be played in full tonight or tomorrow, it'll be broken. At the most, I can see a guest appearance on the Saturday show, but that's all. Song debuts are over.
    Don’t forget that the majority of TDS has been played, though. Heresy, Ruiner, BMWAG and TDS could easily slide in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually I'll append Just Like You Imagined to my guesses!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

Well then. In This Twilight confirmed.
    Apparently so. You called that one.
    I swear Trent must be lurking this board before playing. The other night we were talking about how The Becoming hasn't been played since the beginning of the tour and then it was played THAT night. and Now this.

You also called this at the very last second tonight. Nicely done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, You have really nice influences ��
    I like your friends!!
    Well then In this twilight confirmed= Tonight they played In this Twilight

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Heh, I'm actually not gonna add that in to your official votes, since that was put in after the presence of a piano at last night's show was confirmed. No cheating, you!

Of course, with that call, we still have zero correct predictions, out of six debuts. Go us!

I'm on the fence about attributing In This Twilight to Halo Infinity, since I don't think that was intended to be a real prediction. If I include that, I'll also be including the other jokes in that post.