Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Visuals could be better. But it gives a good impression.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here’s a little slow motion video of some quality Trent Tambourine and Robin Stomp from this show that I tossed up on the NIN subreddit, for those of you that are into such things. . .

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...LX&sh=daecd97c

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, what an amazing show with a different vibe than Thursday’s show. The most effective use of a disco ball ever during And All That Could Have Been, just magical. The Becoming was a rich, full bodied behemoth of a song live. Happiness in Slavery was the highlight for me, I actually got chills. The sound was incredible and I loved the staccato lighting effect that played with the band members’ shadows.

The Aragon was a sweatbox at the end of the show and the stairs were a clusterfuck to exit the building.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm in there somewhere. What a great 3 days.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    I'm in there somewhere. What a great 3 days.
    I still miss that sound of the metro every 10 minutes

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm still in shock over seeing Happiness on Slavery. That was the song back in the day that really drew me into NIN, and it's been my favorite song from the band all this time. That sample that was used in some of the 2007 The Great Destroyer performances was all I thought we were ever going to see of the song again live.
    I never thought it would be played live again, much less that I would get lucky enough to actually witness it in person. Most brutal and yet beautiful concert moment of my life.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I'm still in shock over seeing Happiness on Slavery. That was the song back in the day that really drew me into NIN, and it's been my favorite song from the band all this time. That sample that was used in some of the 2007 The Great Destroyer performances was all I thought we were ever going to see of the song again live.
    I never thought it would be played live again, much less that I would get lucky enough to actually witness it in person. Most brutal and yet beautiful concert moment of my life.
    I can only hope Trent brings it back to your local C market for a show one day ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm so jealous you got to hear Happiness in Slavery! I was so hoping they would play that Saturday night. But I can't complain. That was an amazing first NIN show for me and I actually got to hear a good number of the songs I wanted to. I really wish I could've done all three nights but my wallet wasn't having it. Still, what an amazing show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I can only hope Trent brings it back to your local C market for a show one day ;-)
    He already did once but I was 12 at the time!
    http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19950207.html

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I still miss that sound of the metro every 10 minutes
    CTA Red Line

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    1 year anniversary of the best concert ever. Listened to my tape for the first time in awhile and I still can't believe how awesome this show was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As 2019 is nearing it's end... I keep thinking about how incredible this night was.
    I can't believe it's been over a year and i think about it as if it was last month, at most.

This decade of NIN was just fucking amazing beyond words.
    Thank you all that recorded. I love you for it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    As 2019 is nearing it's end... I keep thinking about how incredible this night was.
    I can't believe it's been over a year and i think about it as if it was last month, at most.

This decade of NIN was just fucking amazing beyond words.
    Thank you all that recorded. I love you for it.
    Your welcome.

I've been to alot of awesome shows over the last year or so, but this was the one that kicked it all off.

Nothing beats seeing your favorite band with 3000 other rabid fans, playing nothing but your favorite songs (Sin, Burn, The Becoming, goddamn HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY, and motherfuckin' AATCHB) Talk about digging "deep into the deep cuts"!

Usually I see setlists from the shows I don't go to, and I get jealous. But not here, IMO one of the top 3 setlists of the entire tour. The only show of the 3 Chicago ones I made it to and I chose the best one.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-27-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ha! That's my black Jeep backed in parking! Great show.